[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need help but I don't know what help I need. I look at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1473644674528.jpg (254KB, 1138x1683px) Image search: [Google]
1473644674528.jpg
254KB, 1138x1683px
I need help but I don't know what help I need. I look at shit like (pic related) and I just shake my head. How is this supposed to help me? Draw a cereal box, then just magically turn it into an organic shape? I'm told it's supposed to help you "visualize the body as 3 dimensional shapes" but I already do that. In fact it blows my mind people need to practice drawing boxes in order to "conceptualize" the fact that eyes are eyeballs, not just circles on a face.

So then I figure, maybe I just need to study muscles and shit. But holy fuck, there are like dozens of muscle groups in any given part of the body. Am I expected to believe every good artist can name and draw every muscle of the body?

All I want to do is learn how to draw an arm, hand etc at any given angle. Not a cereal box hand, and not a robo bean hand, and I don't want to take a biology course on the 52 different tiny muscles of the hand. And I'm not looking for a short cut either, so don't accuse me of looking for the "easy way out". I want to know how to construct the body well but the typical shit I see here is of no use to me. There are all these subtle curves and intricacies of the body, not just the contour but the texture. How do you know how to do those things? Please excuse my attitude
>>
>>2675756
When you realize this is all academic and none of the pros really draw this way you'll finally leave the matrix.
>>
>>2675756
Read the image you yourself posted. Basic shapes help with perspective. Nothing to do with conceptualizing that three dimensions exist
>>
>>2675760
I know it's perspective, it just happens to be the one picture I chose to use. There are loads of them.
>>2675759
Are you saying the answer lies in experience, tiral & error, not finding "the trick" for every body part?
>>
>>2675763
Then what are you complaining about if you know it's helpful to simplify shapes for perspective dawing?
>>
>>2675766
I know it's helpful to others, just not me. I understand the body can be deconstructed into various 3D shapes. I always have, I guess I just have good sight. But knowing that the ribcage/pelvic region can be turned into prisms doesn't help me learn the intricate details of said regions. There aren't two hard edges running down the sides of our ribs.
>>
>>2675772
You're mixing two different things. Simplified body parts help you keep proportions since it's relatively easy and intuitive to draw a foreshortened box. If you don't know how these body parts look like then study them, you don't have to learn the fifty muscles in your anus by heart, just the shape of the main muscle groups that give the outer form to the body and how they interact with each other. It's helpful to learn basic skeletal structure too. You don't need to memorize their name,just know their shape and where they go. Anatomy for sculptors is a pretty easy to understand book, full of pictures etc
>>
>>2675756

I will tell you a secret some ugly motherfuckers use to make some progress real fast and basically you are fucking stupid:[spoiler]trace[/spoiler].
>>
>>2675756
>Am I expected to believe every good artist can name and draw every muscle of the body?
>tfw yeah, you and a bunch of your friends can name and draw all the major muscles of the body, and can tell you their origin, insertion and action

You don't need to know all the tiny ass muscles in the hand, but at least know that they're there and how to simplify them. And honestly, a lot of the grievances you're mentioning have to do with time and familiarity with drawing. Eventually you've just drawn enough to know all the intricacies and curves off the top of your head. It's really like another language at times, and you just know all the verbs and nouns and shit to make a sentence, and sometimes you have to look up some words on google translate when you don't know them.
>>
>>2675795
That sincerely helps me, thanks for this post. Basically just keep on truckin, learn what I can but the most valuable thing is effort/experience.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.