[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have an artist alley table at NYCC this year. I'm super

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: awkward-Seal.png (520KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
awkward-Seal.png
520KB, 600x384px
So I have an artist alley table at NYCC this year. I'm super nervous because this is the first time I've ever done any kind of artist alley so I'm hoping I'm not underprepared. I'm also nervous because I know a lot of famous artists/industry professionals will be there. I got the full table because I figured it's good to have bigger space and I can have someone sit with me.

The only problem is, the person that was supposed to sit with me can only attend Sat and Sun. I may be able to get my sister to come with me on Thurs and Friday, but if not my mom keeps asking if she could sit with me.

I feel its super embarrassing, unprofessional and cringeworthy to have my own mom sit at the table with me. This is a place where I'm trying to get my name out there and network and I don't want to be known as the artist who had their mother sit with them. Maybe I'm wrong but it just feels weird.

On top of that, how do you sell someone, like your mom, that you don't want them there because it looks childish and unprofessional?

Would you have your mom or grandma sit with you at your table? Am I being silly?

I just feel weird if I shake hands with a big industry professional and having to introduce "oh this is my mom".

My mom also has a tendency to gush about my work which just makes things feel more awkward.
>>
>>>/cgl/9172152
Artist Alley thread's probably more useful for this.

But I've seen a few people having family as table assistance, so that shouldn't be 'weird'. But maybe have a sitdown with your mom and talk about how important this could be? If someone stops by and starts talking or networking with you, she might be too busy dealing with transactions or questions to interrupt or something.
>>
>>2674715
wow your in a tough situation, I would probably feel the same way if I was in your situation, unfortunately I don't have much advice for you, just don't stress (and post your work pls I wanna c)
>>
>>2674715
Know what looks childish and unprofessional? Being embarrassed of your mother when you're an adult.

Grow the fuck up, invite your mom to come and have fun.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.