[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first drawing after 3 years of laziness. I know it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20160911_003105.jpg (483KB, 1517x2165px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_003105.jpg
483KB, 1517x2165px
My first drawing after 3 years of laziness.
I know it's shit but I really want to improve my skills, so can you give me some advice?
Portrait below
>>
File: IMG_20160911_002603.jpg (43KB, 442x442px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160911_002603.jpg
43KB, 442x442px
Portrait(me)
>>
>>2674081
>>2674082
Is this bait?
>>
>>2674087
No. I know this looks like a bait but it isn't. I really want to improve myself.
>>
>>2674087
this isn't bait, this is shit
>>
>>2674089
>this is shit
>i know it's shit
This is the reason why i posted this shit. I want some advice, I already know it's shit because i drew this with basic equipment after 3 years of not touching a pencil.
>>
>>2674081
the sticky exists for a reason
/thread
>>
>>2674081
>3 years of laziness
you honestly think you will make it?
>>
>>2674088
Draw from life, never photos. Draw yourself in the mirror if you cant find/afford modeling sessions. Study loomis, then hampton, then bridgman. Work in charcoal at ~19x24 to learn to draw from elbow. Set up a sight-size in your basement and spend at least 5 hours every week doing bargues, no less than 2 hours at a time. Draw a 1-10 value scale at least once a day. Never draw from photographs, it is wasting your time.
>>
>>2674094
Yes. I want to make my imaginations(which are often bodies of women and anime characters) alive. I want to create something, really.
>>2674092
I already checked out the sticky. I just wanted to hear some advice from real people.
>>
>>2674096
I drew this looking at a mirror. Photo is for comparision. Thanks for the advice, I'll definetly get better equipment soon.
>>
>>2674082
Blog??
>>
>>2674184
I don't have any.
>>
>>2674097
>I want to make my imaginations(which are often bodies of women and anime characters) alive. I want to create something, really.
Don't even try to tell me this isn't bait. Please.
>>
>>2674560
The "bodies of wmnyn" thing is bait but the others are not.
>>
>>2674186
you gave him a (You). nice
>>
>>2674097
Next time post on the /beg/ thread.

Lots of people make a thread for a single drawing and that's what triggers /ic/ the most.

If you don't want to be taken as a troll/b8/shitposter, next time search the Beginner thread and post your work right there. You'll have better advice.
>>
>>2674081
I usually reply on these threads to help people, but you literally have to at least try and find some stuff yourself...
>>
>>2675152
I know, I already downloaded some PDFs, I just want some additional advice.
>>
>>2675501
all you really need is the books desu. post the exercises you do in the beginner thread for advice.

And also, really take your time with every book, I rushed through them and thought I understood every thing but I really didn't. Try to do exercises multiple times and practice 5x more than you read stuff. It all comes down to putting in the time and actually drawing stuff, no matter what it is or how bad you are. You can improve every aspect of your art in the beginning if you just draw a lot, it'll do wonders for your linework and it'll help you feel out what your supposed to do.

Now get reading.
>>
>>2675537
Thanks for the advice mate.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2674081
Read the fucking sticky
Die
>>
>>2674987
>next time search the Beginner thread and post your work right there. You'll have better advice.
Lies, he'll get a single reply there if he's lucky, probably nothing more than "lol, symbols"
/ic/ literally rewards the people making their own theads and ignores the ones who post in the designated beginner thread.
>>
>>2674096
Why is drawing from photo a waste is time? I would like to get commissions to draw portraits of friends that don't live around me hour would your draw then accurately without photo reference? Serious inquiry, thanks.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.