[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At one point in your life did you realize you will never make

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: alcoholism-750x300.jpg (14KB, 750x300px) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism-750x300.jpg
14KB, 750x300px
At one point in your life did you realize you will never make it, unless you make art into a job or commit to it like one
>>
That makes no sense. You can't make it without working hard. That's literally the first thing you learn about any skill. You get this beat over your head as a kid when the other kids outrun you and do advanced calculations in a fraction of the time it takes you.
>>
>>2671863
post your work then tough guy
>>
File: Work.png (160KB, 1000x791px) Image search: [Google]
Work.png
160KB, 1000x791px
>>2671865
I suck, but sure.
>>
>>2671875
I like it. Blog?
>>
>>2671879

LMAO
>>
>>2671875
thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>2671879
The beginner thread.

>>2671882
No problem. What about your work?
>>
>>2671885
I work a 9-5 none art related job and barely have time to draw or even practice. What do you think my work looks like kiddo
>>
>>2671886
I wouldn't know, every individual's art is unique to him or herself.
>>
>>2671887
you are so full of shit
You already know my work would be complete ass without even showing it just based on that information. Only NEETs that live with their parents or people that plan to work in the industry will make it. Thats the hard truth....
Im sick of people pertpetuating this hard work meme. Free time is more important than anything else. Even the old master from ancient times had something don't have working class people don't have. And that's amples amount of free time
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 1000x1112px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 1000x1112px
24... I had just finished up a commission on a Jurassic Park poster and I couldn't help but think about how difficult it was the whole way through and how little I enjoyed it. I returned to my passion projects and realized how tedious they had become as well. I spent 5 years gitting gud and when I finally got gud I couldn't be happy with my work, nor could I ever stay passionate about something.

I'm starting to look at other mediums now. I feel, at a deeper level, I'm an entertainer and an artist, I just need to find a medium that captures both those things while giving me a bit of joy while I work. I'm thinking of giving stop motion and puppet building a shot next. The only thing that scares me now is time. Do I have the time to waste trying to git gud at something else? Especially with my money running out and my career path looking rough...
>>
>>2671889
Then quit your job. Nobody is forcing you to work.
>>
>>2671889
Yeah you have to make sacrifices to become good. If it were easy then everyone would be good.
>>
>>2671894
>trust fund baby telling people to quit their job
loving
every
laff
>>
>>2671896
Well no but I am neet so I guess it makes no difference.

The thing is neets on average are lazy. I've had 4 years to neet and wasted it all on shitposting. People who say they'll quit their jobs to draw full time are only kidding themselves if they don't have ethic in the first place.
>>
File: NeverGiveUp.png (196KB, 1000x1294px) Image search: [Google]
NeverGiveUp.png
196KB, 1000x1294px
>>2671889
I probably am, but I don't make assumptions like that.

Regardless of whether or not you have much free time. Ask yourself if you're happy with where you are and if you aren't, then you should continue to work towards your goal even if it's not the easiest path. After all, it's what you truly want right?
>>
File: 1274815259546.jpg (108KB, 646x1305px) Image search: [Google]
1274815259546.jpg
108KB, 646x1305px
>>2671900
>never give keep trying believe up in yourself be happy

WAT
>>
>>2671898
I did really good at drawing and painting for 5-8 hours everyday for the first year and a half, those were good times. Then I moved out of my grandmother's house after she sold it and had to get basic server/retail jobs I could never keep, that interrupted the flow I had developed instantly and have yet to get it back to that level since. Eventually ended up coming back to my parent's house (lol) but am going to need a job anyway cause they want rent now, shit.

If you're NEET and actually don't have a lot of pressure coming from anybody take advantage of that. Do something that you hate so you can say to yourself "gee whiz I sure wish I was at home drawing right about now"
>>
>>2671900
>believe up in yourself
woah
>>
>>2671889
>uating this hard work meme. Free time is more important tha
I work 9 hous a day myself, and I still have faith that I will make it. Every professional artist I ever talked to told me that it's all about the time you waste practicing. If you are a drawing machine and can do it for 8 hours a day, you will get there much faster, but if you can put only about 2 hours a day like me, it's definetly doable, it will just take longer. It sounds more like you are just making excuses
>>
I'm 32 now with a bum wrist and no grasp at all of the fundamentals.

Not sure what age, but I never made it anyway. Started heavy when I was 16 and now it's double that life later and I have nothing to show for it. Considering suicide a lot. Seems like a really good idea.
>>
>>2671860
If you do 1k hours of focused study, you will be at a professional level. The secret is the quality of study, not the quantity. 1k hours is only ~3 hours a day for a year.

If you don't have that sort of time, or have trouble focusing on something. Spend 2 years, that's only ~1.5 hours a day. If you seriously can't bring yourself to spend 2 years doing something, why are you even drawing?
>>
>>2672341
fyi I'm a beginner artist that began a month ago. However, I do a lot of research into learning skills as I'm a motivation speaker that talks about this.
>>
>>2672341

So read the sticky then?
>>
>>2672351
I wrote quite a bit of it
>>
>>2672356

Well that's good news. Maybe once I get my wrist working again then I can scrunch in a lot of work next year and stop being such shit.

Originally I wanted to do that this year, but I studied wrong and did quantity and badly. So all I got was a sore wrist and nothing to show for it.

While also being old as shit and doing this work a decade too late.
>>
>>2672397
Yeah practise makes permanence not perfect. Just working doesn't get you anywhere, you may as well not of done anything.

Quality is literally everything.
>>
>>2672397
You're never too old though dude, just work hard, and right!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.