[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How good do you have to be before people will start supporting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

How good do you have to be before people will start supporting you on Patreon?
What rewards should you offer?
How much money are you making off it?
>>
File: 05082015522.jpg (285KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
05082015522.jpg
285KB, 1600x1200px
>>2670725
>>
>>2670731
How much money are given to you monthly?
>>
Patreon is not very logical. The right combination of untapped niche, self promotion, popularity and follower interaction and also ofc skill decide your success. You can max out one of those hardcore and disregard all others, and you'll probably find some success on patreon. The more you max the better ofc. But 'being good' is not as important as it might seem.
>>
>>2670725
Does Patreon take a cut?
>>
>>2672966
>>2672414
The cut is somewhere around 5% iirc
>>
>>2672967
Even at the low amounts?
>>
>>2672969
https://patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/204606105-Why-is-my-payout-less-than-I-expected-

except for credit card fees that might apply,
it seems constant.
>>
so if someone pledges, do I get the money the next month? or do you get the first payment the moment someone pledges, and thus owe him that months rewards?
>>
>>2673026
I think it works like if they pledge in September, it'll charge for that Month and you owe them the reward by October.
>>
>>2670725
Good enough to have a fanbase of at least 10k followers then you're good to go. having good content counts too.

It doesn't matter if you're godlike painter like Ruan Jia or whoever. You ain't gonna just net 10k a month suddenly when you start Patreon.
I've seen way too many good artists failed on their paycheck because they put too much time on their training and so little on publicity.
>>
>>2670725

consistency you cuck
>>
>>2670725
Honestly be better than 99% /ic/ which isn't saying much since everyone here is mainly shitting on each other while not doing the work.

To put it in other terms.

Get a following of a least:
Tumblr 2-5k
insta 10-20K+
deviantart 50-100K views

You need to get a fanbase before you try doing patreon.

So
1. Do your art everyday
2. Regular posting and use tags for fuck sakes
3. Appeal to the broader demographic "anime,games,photorealism,cartoons,concept art etc..."
4.Engage in those social platforms.
5.Keep at it.
#There's a reason why Kr0npr1nz got to that level of exposure, he been working manically since like 2010. And his old anime art was /ic/ deviantart tier. So just do it
Also my opinions are my own.
>>
>>2675957
Why is /ic/ so mean spirited? It seems like /ic/ is collectively a bitter old man who "didn't make it", so he gave up on his dreams and now proceeds to curb stop the dreams of eager artists look for any sort of help.
>>
>>2675980
cus thats exactly what it is , they know what they are talkin about they just didnt make it or they want to weed out competition by being tough on beginners who could threaten their position.
>>
>>2675980
Anonymity & internet culture
Envy for those who make it for the wrong & right reasons
They were shat on by others so they continue the cycle
Personally issues
Trolls or just genuine asshole through and through

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Who knows.

Anyways I'm go back at it and grind more, bye.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.