[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>that everything How? Just how? Do the Chinese know something

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13

File: Cps33KUXYAAKbJi.jpg (254KB, 1000x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Cps33KUXYAAKbJi.jpg
254KB, 1000x1284px
>that everything

How?
Just how?

Do the Chinese know something we don't know?
>>
we are just lazy
>>
>>2669594
>Do the Chinese know something we don't know?

No.
>>
well for starters they don't shitpost because the great firewall of china prevents them
>>
>have chinese parents
>???
>"prodigy"/"genius"
>>
>>2669594
looks like the ruan jia ripoff became a master in his own right
>>
>>2669598
I really wonder what the chinese equivalent of 4chan is and what it's like.
>>
How can I be a Chinaman?
>>
>>2669594
Shit chest genetics tbdesu
>>
>>2669627
HGJ has had insane technical skills for years now, but yeah he's still just a hardcore Ruan ripoff. It really takes away from his art imo.
>>
>>2669594
That fucking 14 y.o. stache just ruins it all
>>
>>2669594
Went way overboard with the yellow reflected light under the pec
>>
>>2669594
is this digital?
>>
>>2669596
It is true. Laziness is the downfall.
HGJ shows an oil painting here, this means he is able to excel in traditional mediums, and he probably did so before starting digital. He has great foundational skills in traditional mediums, among the hardest (oils) and then he uses digital ideas on these oil pieces. You can't be an artist like him without practicing every medium, having great draftsmanship, and then learning the language of digital and transcribing it to traditional methods and vice versa.
You guys like to start with digital only, or just do drawings on paper all day long. Shit won't work.
>>
>>2669642
Ease off, man. It's the best we asians can do.
>>
>>2669654
The one reason I'm glad I'm not Asian. But since when are "you asians" focused on being realistic?
>>
>>2669652
It's oil.
>>
>>2669653
But oils are HAAAAaaaaaaaaaaAAAAArd
>>
>>2669654
The model he used doesn't even look asian though. Also half asian here, I can grow a decent neckbeard.
>>
>>2669641
hgj should challenge ruan to a gesture battle
>>
>>2669669
They're both pretty bad at gesture actually
>>
>>2669594
>Do the Chinese know something we don't know?

No, they just care about applying what both they and us know, while our society seems to encourage this "just represent how you feel, expressing emotion and style are more important than skill ;)"
>>
>>2669670
do they post their gestures anywhere? I'd be interested to see examples of what they got
>>
Is this an actual paiting, canvas and brushes, or is it digital?
I don't give credit to digital paintings. It's not true painting for me. It may be art, but painting it's not.
>>
> hyperealistic body
> Idealized pretty face
It got one step close to perfection,but the beauty dictatorship took it backwards
>>
>>2669699
And yet 95% of the top digital painters in the world come from the west, and most of the innovation happens here too.

>>2669700
Well you can find some sketches from Ruan on his sina blog, but mostly I meant their gestures in their paintings. Both are god-tier at rendering but often do very static or stiff poses.
>>
>>2669653
HGJ did it the other way around (digital to traditional unless you count graphite and charcoal studies).

Oils is also imo one of the easier mediums, it's not a pain in the ass compared to something like pure gouache, acrylics or water color if you have just a little bit of patience
>>
>>2669708
It's no surprise that someone as closeminded as you can't even tell if something is digital or traditional
>>
>>2669719
> Look at my skills with computer programs and call me a painter
>>
>>2669717
>it's not a pain in the ass compared to something like pure gouache, acrylics or water color if you have just a little bit of patience
Digital painters don't have patience though.
>>
>>2669717
That's pretty cool of him. Really? I found acrylics much easier than oils, faster too. Oils maybe aren't THAT hard, but are a huge bitch, I get stopped at the airport every single time hauling tons of chemicals just for oils.
>>
>>2669717
>digital to traditional
Does anyone know of any other high level artists who have done this? The only one that comes to mind is Alberto Mielgo, he learned oils and gouache after doing digital painting.
>>
File: see ivan.jpg (77KB, 617x720px) Image search: [Google]
see ivan.jpg
77KB, 617x720px
>>2669594

You see Ivan, when you have talent and the other option is rice picking for less than a dollar, you work very hard indeed
>>
>>2669594
That's just how they see things through their squinty eyes
>>
>>2669745
No one would keep track of that, so no.
>>
>>2669641
I think HGJ takes that extra step to be more over the top with his subject matter, and whether or not that's a good thing is up to the viewer's taste. By this point he and Ruan have diverged enough (although it feels like Ruan doing most of the branching out) that their work isn't as easily mistaken for each other.
>>
>>2669632
You are what you eat, dial up your nearest take-out place and binge for years
>>
>>2669794
My fucking sides.
>>
>>2669631
Probably doesn't exist because communism. Maybe Taiwan has something like it but I've not heard of it.
>>
>>2670179
Yeah but I mean, the closest thing.
>>
>>2669594
hgj is gay as fuck, isn't he
>>
>>2670186
weibo
>>
>>2670291
I always just assumed he was gay or bi
>>
>>2669594
yes its called discipline you cuck.
>>
>>2669594
When you think about how an artist's work is how they see the world, you should really be thinking about what goes in in his head. Note that these styles develop naturally too.
>>
how can you download the artwork from hghart,com?
>>
File: 1431884873716.jpg (119KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1431884873716.jpg
119KB, 1024x768px
>>2669594
>>
>>2669594
They know how to shut up and draw.
>>
>>2671156
me on the left
>>
>>2671287
But it's empty
>>
>>2671291
Anon's obviously talking about the sculpture on the far left
>>
>>2669654
You can if you have mongolian and han genes.
I have a thick, red beard dwarves would be jealous of.
>>
>>2669594
great everything but that fucking face colors...like when you try to decrease brightness on jpg in photoshop, values just decreasing lineary instead of leaving some gradation and more to highlights, like when you do this to raw
>>
Who's the better artist - hgj or kjg?

How many years does it take to get to each guy's level?
>>
>>2674229
probably did it on purpose for the composition, keep the focus on the chest shoulder area
>>
>>2674329
They do different things and are both at extremely high levels so it's a bit hard to compare, but I would put KJG above HGJ. Nobody can draw the way KJG does. A number of people can paint at HGJ's level or higher.

In terms of how long it takes, it's hard to say exactly. It will be measured in decades though.
>>
>>2669653
The same fundamentals still apply. You don't need to learn traditional to be a great aritst but it certainly can help.
>>
>hgj's at repin now

fug.
how old is he anyway? dude's the got chingchong immortality gene where he could be anywhere from 19 to 40
>>
>>2674429
>>hgj's at repin now
Source? Where do you keep up with news like that?
>>
>>2674438
weibo
http://weibo.com/hgjart?is_hot=1#_0

Painting
St. Petersburg, Russian Federation

i'd completely forgotten about the guy until op's post desu. he's gotten insanely good in the past few years
>>
>>2674429
>how old is he anyway? dude's the got chingchong immortality gene where he could be anywhere from 19 to 40
according to my in browser translation of his about page on his sina blog, he was enrolled in university in accounting back in 2001, so that would put him around 33 or 34 or something
>>
>>2674441
>33 years old
>>
>>2674444
Just imagine him with a normal haircut or a buzzcut and he looks like he could be that age. He would still look youngish but not freakishly so.
>>
>>2669729
>just because you use a program it means you don't have fundamentals or technique
>>
File: 1450673670569.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1450673670569.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>2674444
>You were never born asian
>>
>>2674465
Different anon here.

Half Korean.

Can I still be a great artist one day if I draw a lot, even if I'm only half?
>>
>>2674469
The asian boost comes from the culture and overbearing parents instilling a work ethic. So if you are whitewashed and raised in the US then you don't get any asian boost.
>>
>>2674481
My parents had marital problems resulting in my dad raising/neglecting me on his own, and I've always worked hard to earn his respect. Does that count as work ethic? Or do I need to work hard for myself instead, lest I stop trying when he tells me the magical words "Good job"?
>>
>>2669594
>>2674429
The only way I can remotely do a similar color and value scheme is in digital spamming overlay, color dodge layers and using the sharpening tool after several fucking hours
>>
>>2674497
>when he tells me the magical words "Good job"?
He'll never say that, so you're probably okay.
>>
File: Take My Hand.gif (2MB, 400x467px) Image search: [Google]
Take My Hand.gif
2MB, 400x467px
>>2669594

Time, patience, fundamentals, and layering your colors correctly. Oil painting is unfortunately dying out, and I'm seeing more and more people in awe of a traditional oil painting that uses basic lighting and anatomy properly. Those of us who prefer traditional over digital are keeping it alive. I don't think it'll ever FULLY die out but it's getting harder and harder to find artisan level paints and supplies. Especially brushes.

>>2671156

Artist mills are never a joking matter. For only 8 cents a day, you could save one of these children from years of doing hand painted replicas of famous paintings from the 18th century. Call now, help an artist in need.

>>2674444

Why do people think that when someone hits 30 they all of a sudden turn into a balding dad? Look up some famous actors, actresses, bands, etc. Take a look at how old they were when they were in a favorite movie of yours. You'd be damn surprised what you think a 30 year old looks like to what they actually do. Not everyone gets so swept up in work that they let themselves go.
>>
File: 1473569444502.png (250KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473569444502.png
250KB, 500x375px
>he's not self–taught artist
>again
>>
>>2671156
THIS IS FAKE HOLY SHIT STOP
>>
>>2674682
>people better than me must be fake!
>>
>>2674861
>i'm retarded!
It's a staged picture from North Korea. Stop posting it.
>>
>tfw I am Russian and can't even use our GREAT FOUNDATIONS IN ART

in all honesty, the system is stupid. there need to be more ateliers, right now there are NONE. Repin's academy is a university where you can get by already being good. also I can already imagine how hgjart's work will be represented on Repin's academy site with something like "this is how good you can get just by enrolling for 50 days". I am assuming he is in such course, and not in standart student program.
>>
>>2669594
How about you work on your fundamentals more instead of posting in /ic/. If you do your practice and studies you too can get better at a thing regardless of bogus superstition. You learn, you apply what you've learned and learn more as you do. This fucking board.
>>
>>2674444
>rich
>handsome
>good at art

Life isn't fair.
>>
>>2674923

handsome? are you blind?
>>
>>2674923
>handsome
Anon what?
How ugly are you if that's 'handsome' to you?
>>
>>2674465
I thank god for this specifically every day.
>>
>>2674481
NIce ... ly .. put
>>
>>2674948
Out of everything that other anon said, you only disagree with handsome? How bad are you if that's 'good at art' to you?
Poor faggot.
>>
>>2674864
1. nice source.
2. those drawings look pretty fucking real, what's supposed to be fake exactly? that they don't do it every single day for hours on end? then see 3.
3. even if the picture is fake it's literally the correct response to OP. therefore I will keep posting that picture.
>>
>>2674939
>>2674948
Everyone is a model on the internet
I look like Chris Hemsworth btw
>>
>>2675133
>2. those drawings look pretty fucking real, what's supposed to be fake exactly?
I would assume they get adults to do the drawings then make kids pose next to them pretending to draw while they take the photo.

That said I have no idea if it's faked or not, and places like that in China and Russia genuinely do exist, so I think there's no problem posting that photo.
>>
>>2674923
>handsome

no. he looks like the average person I see everyday on the streets
>>
>>2675158
In the US anyone who isn't overweight is above average though
>>
>>2675165
I haven't gone outside my country so I wouldn't know
>>
>>2675172
The US is so fat that just being a healthy weight makes you pretty handsome. Look at their stats on obesity:

>More than two-thirds (68.8 percent) of adults are considered to be overweight or obese.
>More than one-third (35.7 percent) of adults are considered to be obese.
>Almost 3 in 4 men (74 percent) are considered to be overweight or obese.
Source: https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/Pages/overweight-obesity-statistics.aspx
>>
>>2669716
>95%
Kek, is there some kind of sauce on this?
>>
>>2674378
you can deny that all you want but it's not true.
>>
>>2675176
It's hard to believe, I don't feel like I see this many fat people around. But then again I leave my house as little as possible and tend not to pay attention to anyone when I am out and about.

t. 110lb (50kg) 5'9'' autistic 'Murican metabalotronic member of the white cis penisrace.
>>
>>2675235
Well fuck it, guess I'm not making it. I'd rather be pleb at art than get cancer from oilpainting. That's where I'm putting my line. I'll just go as far as I can get without practicing traditional.
>>
File: 139915641250.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
139915641250.png
57KB, 600x434px
no matter who you are
no matter what you do
somewhere there's an asian who's better than you
>>
>>2675285
Just don't use your mouth or asshole to paint with, anon. Or if you are really sissy, just avoid cadmiums and lead white. And use the paint as-is or with oils only, no turps.

Or use watercolors, gauche, acrylic, ink wash, whatever.
>>
>>2675291
Asian boost comes with a great cost though. Keep in mind that for example, in Japan there is high suicide rate.
>>
>>2674939
>>2674948
I'd touch benises with him desu. Paint illustrations on each others butts.
>>
>>2675284
I think it's partly regional on where all the fatties are. Plus they would also tend to leave the house less if they are very fat. You're not gonna see them biking around your neighbourhood all the time.

>>2675295
Japan's suicide rate is high but nowhere near as high as people think: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
>>
>>2675292
If it were not for all the hassle involved with oilpainting, I'd love to do it.

Every other traditional medium is aids to begin with. Watercolor sucks and personally I think it looks like shit too (colors always look watered out, but well, it is WATERcolor so yea I hate it). Acrylics is aids because everything dries fucking fast and doesn't seem to be as versatile as oilpainting anyways (everything is more or less saturated). Inkwash is black&white, why would it be better than say, charcoal, pencil or pen? I have never heard of gauche and couldn't find any information it right now.

Alright, I did some research about oilpainting and how to do it toxic-free. Does that mean also that I DON'T need to do my oilpaintings in other room/outside? Because I have heard that you should have separate room for oilpainting or do it outside. None of those are option to me because.

1. I live in downtown, I don't own a car or anything 2. My apartment is small as shit, it's like, 1 room + small kitchen + small toilet.

Since the toxicity problem can apparently be fixed so if it also fixes the second problem I have with oilpainting, I will gladly start doing it. It's the only traditional painting medium that even remotely interests me. Well, I guess I could settle with acrylics/watercolors too at the end of the day.
>>
File: Siesta.jpg (176KB, 1025x720px) Image search: [Google]
Siesta.jpg
176KB, 1025x720px
>>2675306
>Watercolor sucks and personally I think it looks like shit too (colors always look watered out, but well, it is WATERcolor so yea I hate it)
The colours are only shit if you use shit paint. Good quality paints have lots of pigment in them and can get surprisingly dark or intense colours (pic related). I agree that most watercolour painting looks bad though, only like 10 people have ever mastered it in the history of art.

>Inkwash is black&white, why would it be better than say, charcoal, pencil or pen?
It's just a different medium and can therefore have a different look.

>I have never heard of gauche and couldn't find any information it right now.
He mistyped and meant to say "gouache" which is essentially an opaque watercolour. It was popular with illustrators in the past, and some people like Syd Mead were able to do some insane things with it.
>>
>>2675306
Use slow-drying acrylics, then. They're not as pigmented as oil paints and not as workable, but much more convenient since you don't need a gessoed surface and they dry faster. Touch dry within a day, and you can varnish in about a month. Just remember it's a compromise and not a substitute for oil.
>>
File: Coro_mixedmedia.jpg (764KB, 650x850px) Image search: [Google]
Coro_mixedmedia.jpg
764KB, 650x850px
>>2675306
I think painting in another room or outside is mostly if you use turpentine. I use Gamsol which is supposed to be much safer for indoor use. But it may still be too toxic for you.

Using only walnut oil or whatever to extend the paint is fine, no solvents are absolutely necessary, they just help with drying time and painting very thinly. There are also water soluble oil paints but I have never tried them. Water soluble oil? Wat? Sounds weird. I heard they suck. But yeah, never tried em.

I think paints with cadmium and cobalt and whatnot are just supposed to stay off your skin, I don't think there is a danger of the paint becoming airborne in a small room. But they can be avoided anyway if you are paranoid.

As for ink wash, there are colored inks. Acrylic inks. Popular with illustrators. They will often use them to lay down washes then work over top with gouache and colored pencil. Justin "Coro" Kaufman used to do this but using alcohol-based inks intended for refilling markers. The benefit of that is you can use thinner paper with those, but the ink is probably more expensive than the acrylic ones.
>>
>>2675291
He's from art school. 99% of cool artists are from high tier art school. Don't belive /ic/ memes
>>
Checked out this HGJ guy's deviant art and artstation. It's not good. Typical Chinese digital painting stuff. Garish and tasteless. Why are you all beating off over him? Wangjie Li is more interesting.
>>
>>2675504
You sure knows more than people from Imperial Academy of Arts.
>>
>>2675504
both are great, whats with the posturing
>>
>>2671291
just like him
>>
>>2675504
HGJ's got shit taste but he's still ridiculously skilled. Wangjie Li is really different so it's hard to compare. He's more like Schmid or Sargent but copying photos all day and just caring about texture and brushwork. HGJ is painting illustrations from his imagination.
>>
>>2675306
bruh gouache is ez AF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq3KjQ61zNI&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>2670179
i've seen some taiwanese on /pol/
>>
File: Se2m-1.jpg (1MB, 1939x1284px) Image search: [Google]
Se2m-1.jpg
1MB, 1939x1284px
>Try to recreate on paper
>failed 2x
>Have to cheat on photoshop to figure out the anatomy
>Still fail
>Realize you're a disgrace to your race
>>
>>2677840

You need to pay your dues, son. Get on that Bargue shit nigger.
>>
>>2677840
What kind of colour code system is that shit?
>>
>>2677840
pay dem dues
>>
>>2675489
>99% of cool artists are from high tier art school.
Or maybe 99% of good artists just happen to go to art school and it has no impact on their skill. Obviously not everyone who goes to art school turns out good. :^)
>>
>>2678664
>no impact on their skill
So teachers are useless? Poor Vilppu and Bammes :(
>>
>>2669594
is this LAB mode?
>>
>>2678758
yes
>>
>>2678758
It's actually AZN mode
>>
>>2675133
>1. nice source.
Reverse image search is a pretty nifty tool. Use it.
>those drawings look pretty fucking real, what's supposed to be fake exactly?
Maybe they are, but North Korea and self-aggrandizment go hand in hand. It isn't below them.
>3. even if the picture is fake it's literally the correct response to OP. therefore I will keep posting that picture.
Is it though?
>>
>>2671156
Why do asians always make themselves look whiter in their art/paint white people?
>>
>>2681342
White facial features are considered attractive in many asian cultures. Also a lot of the learning tools like the books they study from or the casts they copy were made by western artists.
>>
>>2681342
Pale, even skin is a beauty thing over there. It's why a lot of them can be religious about sunscreen, staying in the shade, and wearing wide brim hat or even uv protecting sleeves.

Even with makeup you'll see girls walking around with faces 1-2 shades noticeably paler than their body, while over here the usual problem is people wearing a shade too dark or too orange-y.
>>
retarded composition desu
>>
>>2674481
It's also nullified if you've got Filipino genes.
>>
>>2669594
pecs have too much bulk on them, i would've pulled them back a bit to accommodate the arm position
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.