[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a beginner. I thought using the grid method would make it

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: PicsArt_09-06-10.50.53.jpg (337KB, 1879x971px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_09-06-10.50.53.jpg
337KB, 1879x971px
I am a beginner. I thought using the grid method would make it flawless, but it's obviously off. How do I fix/avoid these mistakes? And can someone please point out the mistakes?

If I keep practising using the grid method will my skills improve or is it like cheating and makes the improvement slower?
>>
>>2668154
Wont get you anywhere.
Sensible option would be to start learning to draw cubes and circles and cylinders and how to shape them and then get into learning to properly draw using construction.
Because shortcuts will not lead you anywhere.
>>
>>2668154
orthopedic
dr martens good for
waffle making kicking through the shin
>>
>>2668158
Okay, is there like something to guide me?
Practice this then this then...
>>
>>2668173
>Okay, is there like something to guide me?
If you're serious about it, start with preston blair, work your way up to loomis or burne hogarth.
It's about drawing in shapes instead of symbols.
Here's also something really nice, just click yourself through the categories, even if you dont speak moon.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~zm5s-nkmr/

Be sure to visit the beginners thread on /ic/.
>>
Also draw from life before copying drawings. No artist can be more accurate than real life.
>>
>>2668154

It really isn't a good thing to use, and if you're going to then reference life, not drawings. You need to understand shapes mainly, and how they work, and perspective etc, and once you do that then you can really draw the foundation for most things. I mean there's alot more to it, but shapes and perspective are super important.
>>
>>2668154
The grid is just a tool to accurately transfer one thing to another. Using grids isn't a fundamental skill that needs to be practised, so it won't directly improve your art. Although it could indirectly help you improve. For example if you use a grid to paint a portrait, then you miss out on the opportunity to practice measuring proportions by eye. But the amount of time you save by using a grid can be spent honing your other skills.
>>
File: Overlapping.png (444KB, 595x802px) Image search: [Google]
Overlapping.png
444KB, 595x802px
>>2668154
Because you barely drew any of the overlapping lines.
When you need to create an image with a lot of depth without tones, you rely on the overlapping lines to show the view what objects are in front or behind each other.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.