[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to practice my drawing/painting, but I didn't st

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: 1464757534295.jpg (159KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1464757534295.jpg
159KB, 800x800px
I want to practice my drawing/painting, but I didn't start getting into art until I was around 19-20.

Seeing pictures like this: https://imgur.com/gallery/Wwhui

and knowing that it was made by a 13 year old....Makes me just not want to try. So many people who are into art started drawing as a kid. They have a decades head start of practice on me. It just makes it feel not worth it to try.
>>
>>2667625
ok
>>
You go fuck right off, then.

>https://imgur.com/gallery/Wwhui
>this is what demotivates the manchild
kys
>>
>>2667625
That girl needs some /ic/. She would have improved even more. I like her sketch she linked in the comments.
>>
Age means shit in art. Not to mention most of those 13 year olds aren't grinding fundamentals at all so their headstart hardly means shit. Also algenpfleger started when he was 19 and Cryptcrawler 28. You just have to work hard.
>>
>>2667625
That's not even that big of an improvement. You can improve just as much or even more in that span of time if you start loomis'ing like right now. And of course, study-practice daily.
>>
If you art is shit then it is shit. Don't make up poor excuses like practice time or age because (usually) nobody but angsty kids and deluded parents gives a fuck about that.
>>
>>2667625
Don't worry. Your pic is not even close to actual improvement.

It's actually too much time for really basic shit. You can learn that in less than three months, and I'm assuming you're a lazy faggot.

Anyways, grab a copy of Loomis and start reading.
>>
>>2667625
I made that improvement in 1 month

Just get your shit together and dont get discouraged by others being better than you get inspired and motivated instead

But I know you wont do shit anyway cause youre not gonna make it
>>
>>2667625
>https://imgur.com/gallery/Wwhui

Nigger, that's not even good.
>>
File: 1440703623209.gif (1MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1440703623209.gif
1MB, 640x640px
>>2667625
Fix you goals, make thing step by step and keep going. Even when you feel like shit and just want to stop everything. When you see some art that you like, do not think "I'll never be this gud" but more something like "I'll have to work to be this gud.". Be positive anon and draw whenever you can.
>>
has this board gotten worse at trolling than /b/ seriously
>>
>>2668176
then stay on /b faggot
>>
>>2668176
Everyone either wants to berate someone or be the good guy who gives advice, yet don't know when someone is rusing
>>
File: 8z694S6.png (4MB, 2048x2732px) Image search: [Google]
8z694S6.png
4MB, 2048x2732px
>>2668121
seriously

The girl acts like shes proud of this.
She must have stagnated pretty hard if she's showing off her work from years ago.

pic is her drawing from this year
>>
>>2667634
>Cryptcrawler 28
what?
really?
did he start at that age?
>>
>>2668465
Yes, he was an alcoholic for his 20's and only cleaned up his act after a number of years of not doing art really. He did some pencil drawings before that I think but then only got serious around 30 give or take a bit. He talks about it briefly in his MB tutorial and also in some interviews he's done.
>>
>>2668474
this gives me hope
>>
>>2668224
SHE'S THIRTEEN YEARS OLD.
THIRTEEN YEARS OLD.
>>
>>2667625
You can be a high-level amateur in two years and professional standard in 4 if you work, draw, exercise and sleep.

If you wanna go hunting pokemon, get piss drunk every weekend, chase sluts, smoke weed and play 4 hours of vidja a day. Yes, you're too old to get good, no matter what age you are.

Usually the reason why "child prodigies" learn the fundamentals faster than adults is because they're not free to waste their time doing whatever hedonist waste of time their want. They get classes and mentors to force a schedule.
>>
>>2668955
She's 16
>>
>>2669049
>professional standard in 4 if you work, draw, exercise and sleep.
This is.. I would agree.

Takes about 8-10 years for your art to be good enough to stick out from the crowd however. Look at Dave Rapoza's progress and he became professional around 4 years in and at about 8 is when he started making the work most people recognize.

/ic/ Likes to give people a hard time for not progressing "fast enough" but they are more than likely shitposters or amateurs themselves.

Takes time, dedication, and hard work. If a man has those things he can do literally anything.
>>
File: pp-e1.jpg (161KB, 700x954px) Image search: [Google]
pp-e1.jpg
161KB, 700x954px
Picasso made this at 14.

Anthony Jones started at 23, wasn't even interested in art earlier if i remember right.

Brad rigney started at 28 as mentioned, and he is the posterchild for photo-realistic painting skills.

Everyone can learn the skill, what i would think more about is how you are going to use/apply it to reach your goals.
>>
File: progress.png (230KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
progress.png
230KB, 1200x600px
>>2667625
this is just from drawing a little bit everday.
>>
>>2669064

Sinix got job offers from studios after 1-2 years (9 hours a day he said), he also began at age 19-20.

Everything is possible i guess, you don't really need super realistic skills to gain a following, as long as you have some interisting idea about your work... many artist seems to live in a bubble where they masturbate over skill, but the non-artist public doesn't care to much about that, it's the idea behind. The competition is much greater if you only draw generic, well-rendered cute fantasy girl portraits.
>>
>>2669097
How did he get noticed? Just by the art he's posted? As simple as that?
>>
>>2667625
>Seeing pictures like this: https://imgur.com/gallery/Wwhui
>and knowing that it was made by a 13 year old....Makes me just not want to try.
the fuck
>>
>>2667625
Well if that makes you want to not draw then this should make you just kill yourself you fucking pleb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5uN3B2YXWM
>>
>>2669128

He explains it in an "about sinix" video on youtube, he was a part of the conceptart.org community back in the day, and got recommended by other people in that commuity i think, but i understood it like he just got contacted by people and studios. He ended up backing out because of anxiety after he got a bigger gig from EA, and stopped art for several years apparently.

he got a quite dynamic and intuitive style though, i guess that helped him stand out. I think that's something one should work towards just as much as the realistic look, like Peleng's (Sergeys Kolesov) art.
There are enough skillfull renderers out there, with generic and cliche work that's mostly admired by other artists who find the technique interesting.
>>
>>2667625
I started just before I turned 21 and got better than that in 2 months. If you don't believe you can surpass that, then you'll never make it and might as well leave.
>>
>>2669096
Is last one is completely from imagination?
>>
>>2669094
>Picasso's dad painted this for him when he was 14.
>>
>>2669219

shish, he recieved formal art training from age 11, and his dad was an art teacher, it's not that crazy to paint that using the classic formulas he learned, using heavy reference. Lot's of kids show that kind of potential at young age, asian kids forced to do science and such, and would probably excel in any academic dicipline, i think talent has much to do with your ability to observe and apply information, skilled artists relevant these days seem to generally be quite intelligent.

anotherone from when he was 14/15.
>>
>>2669229
>3 years

nah breh. not a chance. you can get pretty good in 3 years, but it take serious grind that 11 year olds don't have, and even then you won't hit the level in those pics
>>
>and knowing that it was made by a 13 year old....Makes me just not want to try.

Then don't try. If all art is to you is a competition and you can't stand the reality there will exist in this world better / more experienced artists than you, don't bother. You could've started at 6 years old and a prodigy / very disciplined artist who started at 18 could blow you out in a year.

On the other hand, if you have a goal you want to reach, why don't you stop being such a baby about other people and focus on YOU reaching YOUR goal rather than what goals THEY are reaching? Why do you want to draw? What do you want to draw?

If the why is "to inflate my ego because I'm better than other artists" pick another hobby.
>>
>>2667625

Don't feel too bad. I'm redoing the fundamentals in desperation to make a dumpy comic and I'm 32.

Art's fucking not good, man. But I got nothing else in my life, so... I guess this is what I'll be doing.
>>
>>2669312

This anon knows what the fuck is up.
>>
>>2669312
I needed this
>>
File: fbplainra2.png (96KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
fbplainra2.png
96KB, 512x512px
>>2668955
bruh, I drew pic related at 13
>>
>>2669715
And what's your art look like now?
>>
File: IMG_1278.jpg (92KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1278.jpg
92KB, 640x480px
>>2669724
I draw more than dogs, but they're my comfort zone.
>>
>>2669312
>rather than what goals THEY are reaching
OP probably feels that another person is reaching towards his goal as well and if she makes it, then he won't kind of thing since there's only so many "positions".
>>
>>2669916
yeah right, it's pretty obvious you only draw dogs
>>
>>2669946
o shit you got him good dude
>>
>>2669916
Those are nice. Very comfy.
>>
File: IMG9112.jpg (70KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG9112.jpg
70KB, 640x500px
>>2668955
I did this colored pencil piece when I was 13. Just look on instagram, there are tons 13 yo's who can draw at a similar level
>>
File: watt.png (273KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
watt.png
273KB, 1600x1200px
>>2669218
yeah last one is from imagination. as is this one.
>>
File: 090909.jpg (34KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
090909.jpg
34KB, 380x380px
>>2669916
>It's that episode where furfag draws canines really well but sucks at drawing people. Probably got into art through disney or that weeb dog show too.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.