[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

John Buscema > Loomis At least I learned how to draw faces

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: john buscema.jpg (175KB, 1150x1623px) Image search: [Google]
john buscema.jpg
175KB, 1150x1623px
John Buscema > Loomis

At least I learned how to draw faces instead of spending two months drawing nothing but gooks and still having a hard time at doing realistic faces.
>>
john "same face" buscema

guess what you're not going to make.
>>
File: saitama ok.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
saitama ok.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>2666548
>Implying Loomis doesn't do same face.
>>
>needing to "construct" your drawing
All methods like these do is kill your drawing's gesture.
>>
>>2666553
Care to explain?
>>
>>2666543
>having hard time drawing realistic faces
>loomis
sounds like you're just retarded m8, he got books specifically for this
>>
>>2666555
Don't listen to him. He's a beginner.

Also, nice trips.
>>
Bridgman:
"Okay beginner, here's a little bit of anatomy lessons for your head, some planes, perspective drawing, a basic guide on how to draw a far away head, close up view, drawing the head with an oval base..."

Loomis:
"Lol, just put some lines here and there. Also, draw gooks"
>>
>>2666563
Don't tell me you're one those retards who unironically gets shaky and triggered when you have to draw another race other than your own
>>
File: you.jpg (27KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
27KB, 500x277px
>>2666569
>comparing how Bridgman and Loomis go in terms of introducing concepts and explaining shit to beginners
>suddenly I'm a tumblr artist stereotype
>>
>>2666573
Well, you're actually worse, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>2666576
>Ha! I'm just gonna tell him that he's wrong without giving a proper argument.T-t-that will show him!
>>
>>2666578
Ok
>>
>>2666573
Do whatever helps you out the best. If you think Bridgman is more helpful than Loomis than that's great. You're allowed to have your own opinions, however, don't try to belittle Loomis as an instructor. They both have different teaching styles and they are both great, effective teachers. Some people learn from Loomis, some from Bridgman, and some do both. For example Jim lee learned from Bridgman whereas Greg Capullo used Loomis. They're both great artists despite having learned from different teachers.
>>
>>2666584
I agree with your point.
I guess what bothered me the most isn't the fact that I hate Loomis or anything.
But rather at the fact that "learn Loomis" is pratically a meme here, like if you don't read Fun with Pencil, then you automatically suck.
>>
>>2666589
Oh yeah I feel you on that. I think a lot of it is just beginners regurgitating that bullshit. It's super vague and it doesn't help anyone.
>>
>>2666551
>implying your own shit because you have no counter argument
>>
>>2666558
wanna "battle"?
>>
Fuck off just draw fucking skull and draw it various angle
>>
GESTURE BATTTLEEEEEE
>>
>>2666543

You're a goddamned retard.

The point of Loomis' gook exercises isn't to learn how to draw faces. That's anatomy, that's WAY more advanced and less important than what Loomis is teaching in that book.

Loomis is teaching you to use construction, to build objects out of simple forms. He's only using heads as an example because they're easy to understand.

Once you get the concept of making big forms out of small forms you can move on.
>>
>>2666857
>The point of Loomis' gook exercises isn't to learn how to draw faces.
>He's only using heads as an example because they're easy to understand.

Ugh, simply skip all of Loomis, watch the "constructive form" videos on ctrlpaint.com and learn fucking anatomy.
>>
>>2666555
Drawing with heavy construction is a good way to make your drawing lifeless, however heavily constructing sketches that are simply learning excersizes for a subject matter you don't yet fully intuit is wise.
>>
>>2666555
>>2666666
>>
>>2667301

Your loss.
>>
I love how beginners always do this. They are told they should study more Loomis. They go read through fun with a pencil, get frustrated because they are still shit and then they make a thread telling everyone how much Loomis sucks.

The funny thing is that you still didn't learn anything, OP. Doesn't matter which artist you think is superior to Loomis, they all use the same fucking concept that Loomis uses, to construct complex anatomy out of simplified shapes. Evidently you are too dumb to understand one of the simplest, most in-depth and beginner friendly step by step methods of how to do this that Loomis taught in an entire book focused on that. Yet somehow, you think you understand this exact same concept when John Buscema brushes over it in 1 chapter in Drawing the Marvel Way?
>>
>>2667325
This. took me forever to realize that the construction is NOT the drawing!
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.