[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /ic/, /tg/ here. My wife does a lot of art where she does

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

File: FB_IMG_1473039798893.jpg (135KB, 1244x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473039798893.jpg
135KB, 1244x960px
Hey /ic/, /tg/ here. My wife does a lot of art where she does realism. Draws a lot of celebrities. I'm not an artist at all and don't know anything about drawing.

I need to get her a present and I want to get her something that will help her draw better. I'm gonna post some of her stuff. Let me know what you think/what I can get her. Thanks /ic/
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473040323911.jpg (356KB, 1600x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473040323911.jpg
356KB, 1600x2048px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473040420279.jpg (319KB, 1570x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473040420279.jpg
319KB, 1570x2048px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473040579565.jpg (159KB, 1241x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473040579565.jpg
159KB, 1241x960px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473040639338.jpg (111KB, 1197x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473040639338.jpg
111KB, 1197x960px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1473040719139.jpg (370KB, 1565x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1473040719139.jpg
370KB, 1565x2048px
>>
>/tg/
hey thanks for the cancer generals ;)
we really needed those here D:
>>
>>2665881
Godamn man I'm sorry. But generals didn't start on /tg/
>>
>go to art supplies store
>ask for the good shit
Not hard, anon.
>>
>>2665947
He wants to know if they're got or not....don't know why he didn't put that...
>>
>>2665869
This color pencil?
>>
Looks like she only does traditional so you should get her a wacom tablet. Don't get a small one, but a decently sized intuos. Or you can get her an iPad pro, but i dont know if you want to drop that kind of cash. Anyway, good luck, op. She's pretty good btw, she captures the likeness in each drawing and I can tell right away who the characters are.
>>
>>2666194
Oh if you decide to get her an iPad pro, you might as well get her a cintiq instead, guarantee she'll love the hell out of it.
>>
>>2665869
A copy of loomis figure drawing for all its worth.
>>
Just casually ask her man. It really depends on each artist I can say to you that since she draws with color pencil, expensive pencils and papers might be a good idea, but it depends on her what brand or kind of pencils she would like.
I wouldn't suggest giving her something outside of the mediums she uses before asking her if she really is interesed in those things in the first place.
>>
>>2665869
OP these are pretty good, although I hope you know what you're doing, posting this on /ic/.

It looks like she's into colored pencils, so I would look into getting her some nice Koh-I-Noor pencils or a set of Prismacolor pencils. Also some nice paper would be good. Maybe 11x17 Strathmore Bristol board.

Where does she draw? If she draws at the kitchen table or something, consider getting her a drafting table or an art horse to sit on.
>>
Can't go wrong with higher quality tools than what she's already using like >>2666421 suggested. Those all look like ordinary color pencils. Watercolor pencils, watercolor paper, and a waterbrush could be nice if you wanted to get her something new.
>>
>>2666421
>although I hope you know what you're doing, posting this on /ic/.

Not in particular no, I am from /tg/.

She has a room in our house she draws in. I've gotten her a giant table to draw on that takes up like 1/4 the room.

>>2666428
She uses prismacolor. Is there some thing better I could get her?

How much am I looking at for buying her a top tier tablet? I can probably spare $400 to buy her something to draw with. I bought her a bamboo pad once and she never used it. That's one of the main reasons I'm asking here in the first place. I don't want a repeat of that.
>>
>>2666517
Get her an intuos pro medium.

Avoid anything Wacom small. They're smaller than Somalia's GDP. It's an actual pain trying to draw in something that small.
>>
>>2666517
>She uses prismacolor. Is there some thing better I could get her?
Prismacolor Premier and Colerase are supposed to be pretty good. Their cheap Scholar ones aren't.

Buying her a tablet seems like the the riskiest idea if she's not interested in digital art and already has had one go unused. She'll definitely use more paper and pencils. A drawing table and a good adjustable lamp make traditional drawing a lot more comfortable and she'll probably use them a lot too.
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 418x489px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 418x489px
>>2665869
Get her a copy of Color And Light by James Gurney. She's pretty good at taking off likenesses, but learning how to gamut map, etc could really take her to another level.
>>
>>2666652
Second this, OP. If she's serious about art, get her some books. Anything by James Gurney, Scott Robertson and Loomis is good.
>>
File: progressiondeath.jpg (247KB, 1480x629px) Image search: [Google]
progressiondeath.jpg
247KB, 1480x629px
>>2666190
They are made up of Prismacolor pencils, Derwent Coloursoft pencils (for some shading, the skin tone packet, white out and I guess you would count a regular pencil since I draw them before I color them....

>>2666421
I draw on Bristol vellum....and thank you...I draw almost everywhere. Mostly now at a desk with a lamp that has an energy saving light bulb in it. I've been drawing for many years...since I was like 9 and I'm 30 now. I could show how horrible I was back then. I'll upload a progression photo, but I need to draw him again since it's been a while.

>>2666428
They aren't. All high quality prismacolor and Derwent coloursoft on Bristol Vellum paper.

>>2666561
I really can't stand digital....it fells so false, if you can understand exactly what I mean. I know it takes skill to do, but it's just not me.

>>2666194
Thank you as well....and yes, I love to do traditional. It feels better to me. I don't want any kind of digital tablet that doesn't let me draw on the screen....Like that tablet he said he got me (bamboo), that was horrible. I can't even figure that thing out because I'm used to looking at the paper I'm drawing on. You have to look at the computer and it's hard to guess where the lines go that way.

>>2666719
I'd say maybe 21 years of drawing, getting an Associates in art, making a page to sell my art on, selling a lot of commission through that page and Ebay etc....qualifies me as "serious about my art".
>>
File: arcanineironedsprite.jpg (1MB, 1620x1688px) Image search: [Google]
arcanineironedsprite.jpg
1MB, 1620x1688px
>>2666415
He is VERY critical....like he says my art has NEVER impressed him. I mean, come on. He's color blind so maybe there's that, but he also gets all up in the tiny bit of anatomy that I did "wrong" in his eyes. Like, "look at that eye, that makes her look so plastic and cross-eyed" and "you're terrible with teeth". He prefers abstract and I don't. I feel great about my abilities in art, but he can be a jerk about it. He's the only person I've ever met to not like my artwork....especially since I started working with Prismacolor pencils. That's why he posted this really. We were arguing whether my art was "good" or not. He's critical on everything! He loves that Arcanine perler I made for him though. I had to map that one myself.
>>
Blending stumps? Wont be enough to constitute a gift but may help
>>
>>2667709
No one would bother to criticize something they don’t like, that’s just a waste of time. He’s obviously caring for you, so be fucking thankful
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 192x263px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 192x263px
This.
>>
>All those symbols
>>
>>2667709
>>
If tou want to buy a gift for an artist. buy them paper. If you want to spend more money buy NICE paper
>>
Anatomy for sculptors or a big set of colored pencils
>>
>>2667709
>he doesn't like these portraits I spend hours on but he likes a perler sprite
lmao
>>
File: 1466217292926.png (192KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1466217292926.png
192KB, 500x377px
>>2667709
>We were arguing whether my art was "good" or not
>he posts the work for /ic/ right away

is this what a relationship between two autists is like or is this really good bait
>>
>>2668001
I like Arcanine. Plus, there is nothing wrong with the perler sprite. I appreciate how good something is, not how long it takes. It's a pretty faithful recreation of the sprite.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.