[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to know what /ic/ thinks about that. https://www.you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: companion killer.jpg (577KB, 2000x1136px) Image search: [Google]
companion killer.jpg
577KB, 2000x1136px
I want to know what /ic/ thinks about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgkszsGGbY4

Intel Atom x5 4gb of ram 64gb flash

$499 for Android, and $549 for Windows version.
>>
>>2662417
its more like an intous than a cintiq which is a let down
>>
>>2662434
No problem with that, anon. A lot of digital illustrators draw with intuos.

And OP. I'm not an expert, but I think it's better than an ipad at least. But only 64gb? I'll probably fill that up after a while.
>>
>>2662434
It's like a portable intuos with a screen and the ability to draw on paper while simultaneously transferring to digital

This sounds legit awesome, I've used all kind of cintiq companion alternatives (DV8P with digitizer, cube i7 stylus, Asus note 8) and they were all shit because of the glass screen
>>
>>2662447
There is a micro ad card slot, so I guess that's something.
>>
>>2662447
this
>>2662463

Though most people with ipads n shit upload stuff on the cloud. though I agree there should always be more storage option
>>
Oh My GOD!

no lie I had an idea for something like that a few years ago, a laptop with wacom input on the touchpad area (and the touchpad was larger than a regular laptop)

But their design is better, since the whole second half is essentially an intuos, the specs are a bit underwhelming but this is promising.

this is really Wacom trying to fight Apple in the consumer market
>>
File: 03-05-10courier.jpg (70KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
03-05-10courier.jpg
70KB, 600x455px
Anyone remember the Microsoft Courier?
>>
>>2662448
I have a cintiq companion and I think it's the bees knees. Only problem is it's kind of "luck of the draw" with them. Some people end up with one with a lot of problems for some reason (especially with the fans) while others like me ended up with exactly what was advertised.
>>
>>2662481
No.
>>
File: 17wj5q452y89yjpg.jpg (267KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
17wj5q452y89yjpg.jpg
267KB, 1000x750px
>>2662507
underage detected
>>
>>2662509
I googled it, do you think I'm 6 years old?
>>
Thanks for linking this OP, I think this will be my next Windows tablet
>>
>>2662417
The fuck? Why didn't they put the sensitivity directly on the screen?

I still like windows surface, but looking at the price of this... hmmmm... I'll take a look at this one.

>filename
>lolno.jpg
>>
>>2662417
Can you have the keyboard for finger press shortcuts while using the pen?
>>
File: P_setting_fff_1_90_end_600.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
P_setting_fff_1_90_end_600.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>2662630
more lag and parallax because of the glass layer

With the yoga book you have none of those issues, which is the same reason I choose a intuos over a cintiq anyday
>>
Just learn to draw instead of focusing on gimmick devices

ive tried a bunch of shit, Surface pro 3, ipad pro, always ended up just going back to my desktop setup with an intuos
>>
>>2662665
Ye but I think glass is pretty conductive. It really produces that much lag ?

Dammit, better stick with my intuos while I wait for some nicer and cheaper companion killer.
>>
>>2662676
A 19 inch Ugee
https://www.amazon.com/Ugee-Digital-Display-Original-Chargers/dp/B00WJHOKQ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472839065&sr=8-1&keywords=ugee

or a 13 Wacom
https://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Cintiq-Interactive-Display-DTK1300/dp/B00BSOSCNE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472839628&sr=8-1&keywords=cintiq
$900 for the touch version

maybe a 22 Monoprice
https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-Battery-Display-Tablet-Pressure/dp/B019FN632Q/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1472839671&sr=8-7&keywords=monoprice

I've read up on it but most of the review are mostly only experience on one or the other. Now I'm aware people aren't rich and therefor a consistent review of different branded products can be had. Ugee seems like it's getting its own praise but not on the Customer Service side of things like windows. Wacom is expensive the Mac of graphics tablets but does work, and Monoprice is the cheaper of the lot with it's own following.

Anybody have hands on knowledge of any of these? I want to upgrade from my makeshift tablet of a Samsung Galaxy 12 Pro.
>>
>>2662685
Oops didn't mean to link to that one post
>>
>>2662685
I had a 19 inch Ugee too
color quality was complete ass, painting looked completely different on my monitor every time, and it was impossible to calibrate because it was some cheap shitty TN monitor

and again, I just went back to my Intuos
>>
Since we're on this topic: My mother gave me her old Acer Iconia tablet (it's pretty shit) but at least now I have something to draw with on the go. So what software would be good for drawing purposes?
>>
>>2662751
All art programs run like shit on mobile tablets. I guess Clip studio is the only one thats ok but only use it like you would pen and paper, as in turn all the pressure sensitive shit off and use small brushes
>>
>>2662751
I disagree with
>>2662757

Clip Studio is too heavy for a tablet like that, Sai or Mypaint would run well on it if you limit file size to 4000x4000 or less, but I do agree on using small brushes and don't run multiple programs at once
>>
It's interesting for sure, although the drawing on paper thing seems just as bad a gimmick as it was on Wacom's failed attempt. It would be better in a 13" form factor so it could at double as a comfortably sized laptop.

>>2662447
>better than an ipad at least
How? The price is definitely better, but the specs aren't good enough to run full Windows apps like Photoshop well, and the Android version won't have as many good apps compared to iOS.
>>
>doesn't have the comfort of a graphic tablet
>doesn't have the screen input of a graphic display
1000% meme machine.
>>
>>2662417

What a strange product. I don't really get it.

Get an old Surface pro instead.
>>
Also able to draw on the screen as well?.
>>
I want one
>>
>>2663507
>heavy
>3-6hr battery
>glossy glass surface
>>
>>2664183
>also not fanless
>>
>>2662417
worthless for the price. if you don't care about looking cool, laptop + intous pro/huion
>>
>>2663507
Personally I think the Surface is shit to draw on (yes, I've owned one). There's a slight lag, the glass surface is too slick and the parallax is annoying. Couldn't produce anything worthwhile on it.
>>
>>2662481
man i was so hyped when i first heard of this
i hope they revisit the idea
>>
File: transnote.png (264KB, 600x372px) Image search: [Google]
transnote.png
264KB, 600x372px
>>
>>2662417
>$549 for a portable sketchbook
top zozzle
If you have money to waste on this might as well save up for a nice cintiq.
>>
>>2665052
I already have a cintiq 13HD and it's not really portable and certainly doesn't qualify as a portable sketchbook.
>need three bloody cables to make it work (one being via a power outlet)
>>
>>2665062
that's the idea anon. If you want something portable why not just get pencil and paper?
>>
>>2665066
Why would you use pencil and paper? Just get a cup of coffee and a stick instead.

Anon, I am pretty sure people are aware of the existence of pencil and paper. If someone wants a portable solution for digital painting, that's not it.
>>
>>2665076
You're right, but the thing in OP looks more like a sketchbook and not something I'd use to get shit done.
>>
>>2665066
I can't use sai with a pen and paper, painting traditionally is overall more expensive
scanning every artwork once you're done is tedious
>>
>>2665082
I don't think its meant as something to replace your main pc/laptop, I'd use it for sketching/gesture/thumbnail (since I already draw on a A5 sketchbook, this will fit my process just fine) and most importanly rough concept painting on the go, then save it on my server and complete on my main machine.

This is the first time I shilled so hard on a product, it just seems to tick all the right boxes for me. I think the only thing that would stop me from getting one at this point is if it has extremely poor build quality (for example I was gonna buy a Asus Note 8 2 years ago but changed my mind when I heard reports of the screen being poorly assembled and the only way to fix it is to dissassemble the unit and fix a cable inside)
>>
>>2665143
I get how you feel, I'd just be careful about products like these. 500 for a computer and drawing tablet in one doesn't sound too long lasting.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.