[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys get past that feeling when getting into a project

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: SvC WiP.gif (113KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
SvC WiP.gif
113KB, 360x270px
How do you guys get past that feeling when getting into a project that you're a total hack?

It's stopped me from improving for so long. I'm tired of it.

This is what I'm working on now. And I've boarded some stuff that I don't know if I can pull off.
>>
level 1: not knowing you're a hack / thinking you're good
level 2: knowing you're a hack
level 3: knowing everyone else is a hack, too
level 4: enlightenment: even though we are all hacking it that doesn't preclude the fact that we can be good (at hacking), and constant improvement is a possibility no matter what

Also read:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
>>
>>2662284
It's really tricky finding that balance, anon.

It's always best to work up to anything, rather than taking on complex things from the get-go.

Not spending too much time in your comfort zone, but also not doing something that you're just not ready for, yeah, that's hard. I'd recommend biting the bullet for this one project, and trying your best to learn from it. Yeah, it's probably going to suck, but the experience will help you on the long run.
>>
you will learn more from failing at these than you will doing anything else.

seeking specific answers for questions that arise from failure will make the pdfs a lot more useful,
but ultimately it's learning from failure itself that will make you better.

improvement is a marathon, not a race. being discouraged is equivalent to slowing down, not stopping.
>>
>>2662292
What do you mean here by panic zone?
>>
>>2662642
attempting advanced architecture without knowing perspective fundies
>>
File: Not-Gonna-Make-It Note.jpg (146KB, 605x345px) Image search: [Google]
Not-Gonna-Make-It Note.jpg
146KB, 605x345px
>>2662642
I assume it means what it sounds like it means, a situation (in this case an artist faced with a art-related problem) that puts them under tangible stress. I wandered in there after challenging an anon (he's actually a pretty well-known guy at this point but I forgot his blog name) to draw "2500 'x' in a week" or something like that as part of a thread topic. He declined the challenge and went on to do his own thing, but I didn't. Despite the fact I was on my way to produce the 350 hands I'd needed on the first day on-time, I'd managed only 80-something before basically breaking down mentally...Also my f*cking elbow hurt from resting it on my hard ass desk to use my hand as a reference. I didn't really prepare for that lmoa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_6bct2RUwk
>>
Failing is the best thing that can happen in art so you can learn from the failures. When you see a masterful painting, you can bet your ass the artist made over a thousand mistakes to get there. All artist's stories are laced with mistakes, but what makes a great artist is great character because he doesn't quit. I believe in you, oh-pee.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.