[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm considering giving up /ic/.. I need something to boost

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_8849[1].jpg (39KB, 250x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8849[1].jpg
39KB, 250x345px
I'm considering giving up /ic/..
I need something to boost my confidence, something that will help me see that I can grow to be the artist I've always wanted to be. I work and study full time and with the little free time outside of both that I do have, I practice. I try really really hard yet I just can't seem to see any improvement and it hurts. I've read the sticky, I have all the Loomis books and some other random books printed out (free printings for "school related" things, no one needs to know right?). I just want to make sure, is it worth it? All this time I spend trying to draw a circle or get rid of symbol drawing, is it possible to actually be a self taught artist without resorting to ~style~?
I'm seriously considering saving up enough to go to a school like FZD or something just to see if I can focus on drawing for more than 2 seconds.
I'm just really tired of feeling like a failure, thanks for hearing me out /ic/..
>>
>>2661947
All I see is whining about how slow you're improving when you have a full time job and study. You're most likely not going to improve at the same rate as someone's who's NEET starting to learn how to draw at the same time as you. Until you free up your time this is an inevitability, but not necessarily a reason to drop it (unless you're weak).
>>
File: 1455516678086.png (11KB, 679x453px) Image search: [Google]
1455516678086.png
11KB, 679x453px
>>2661947
my parents keep telling me im trash also, i know the feel. you wont find success here only anger and vitriol you're not the first to post something like this but you wont be the last, i've purchased all the books and its been 4 years and i've never touched them. i'm sorry you feel this way, i'm sorry i feel the same. i'm sorry i cant help you. and i'm sorry you cant help yourself, but we both know the truth, it will take YEARS of FAILURE to get somewhere decent you don't need to be amazing to many fags have had terrible ideas and succeed, if you got the money get the basic jeff watts online class he talks alot but its relaxing. im sorry.
>>
>>2661954
Hey anon, thanks for the kind words.
It means a lot to get an honest reply like this.
Know I'll be rooting for you.
>>
>>2661955
dont go to fzdc its not a good school.
>>
>>2661962
I'll take your word for it. People have just said a lot of good things about it and I have no idea where to go..
>>
>>2661947
It's tough op, it really is. I don't know your full situation but I find it really helps to go somewhere (like coffee shops) where you don't have access to the typical distractions of life, somewhere you can draw for hours and focus on that. BUt whatever you do don't quit, just keep going.
>>
File: 1456026798961.png (55KB, 559x679px) Image search: [Google]
1456026798961.png
55KB, 559x679px
>>2661966
where do you live? (dont answer) look for an atelier in your state then research it, find the students talk to them through social media if you have the chance, if not. jeff watts noah Bradley or chriss oatley are great specially chriss who is a sfoty and will pamper you the whole way, if you don't have money try the jeff watts basic online class you will have other artist on the chat rooms and will get crits from the stronger guys most of the time if you ask for it. its mostly pencil based anyways.
>>
>>2661972
Thanks for the advice, I've been looking at a nearby library to go to during my free time so that I can practice the things I read and see.

>>2661973
Are these drawings yours?
They're great! They really are kekeke. I've heard of Noah Bradley's course before but I'll take a look at some ateliers and Chris Oatley's classes as well.
>>
>>2661978
nah i cant draw.
>>
>>2661979
At least you're honest about it~
We're in the same boat, if I can do it so can you.
I really do believe in you anon, I hope you believe in yourself as well.
>>
>>2661981
papa bless.
>>
File: 1427880436162.png (328KB, 800x778px) Image search: [Google]
1427880436162.png
328KB, 800x778px
We gon' be alright anon.
>>
File: 1471897586837.png (1MB, 852x854px) Image search: [Google]
1471897586837.png
1MB, 852x854px
The man that believes in himself doesn't need others to believe in him. I came close to quitting once. I was verbally abused irl a lot, dehumanized a lot, I went to the bank yesterday without showering and two girls started talking shit about me. I didn't care at all, I had just finished the best drawing I'd ever done a few hours prior. I hope you realize op it's not about talent or even about art skill, it's about character, you need a thick skin and if you don't have one then develop one. Don't be that guy on his deathbed that regrets letting others control his emotions and drove him to quit his dream. I had a friend that would tell me all the time to get a real job and bullshit like that, I didn't put up with it, I cut him from my life and you need to do the same. Don't cut your parents though, prove to them through hard work and skill you can do it so they can be on your side. I hope you make it, op, mind if I take a peak at one of your works? Even if it's a sketch or something. Oh yeah and I have half a decade working professionally since then btw dreamsdocometrue.jpg
>>
Don't give up! Don't let your feelings get the best of you. Shut your ears from them and STUDY. Don't live in the past or in the future, think what you should be doing RIGHT NOW, and that is studying drawing.

You can do this, there is no reason you couldn't. Just draw my man. Git gud or die trying!
>>
>>2662285
Extra motivation for you, oh-pee
>>
File: enso.jpg (1MB, 2817x2816px) Image search: [Google]
enso.jpg
1MB, 2817x2816px
This is the only circle you should ever draw, OP

Stop living in the past (regret) or in the future (worry). A human's greatest (and only) artwork is himself, and yet we work on it our entire lives, leaving it unfinished. Is that failure?

Just sit with the pencil, the paper, and draw what comes. All artwork is temporary, nothing we make will last for infinity. The true art is the making of the art, not the final result. Be happy with the forever unfinished, and strive to work on it all the same.
>>
>>2661981
http://youtu.be/tVJL4orS9zI

Still one of my all-time favorite anime. You should give it a watch OP, it'll give you a confidence boost.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA

Believe that you can do it

Because you can do it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.