[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There has been so much discussion of this shit that I am starting

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 1376254096147s.jpg (1KB, 125x97px) Image search: [Google]
1376254096147s.jpg
1KB, 125x97px
There has been so much discussion of this shit that I am starting to get confused.

Explain me ONCE and FOR ALL what is GESTURE drawing!
>>
File: 1v1 nigger.jpg (127KB, 1272x811px) Image search: [Google]
1v1 nigger.jpg
127KB, 1272x811px
Kill yourself.
>>
gesture drawing is an american meme
in my country we just do short poses and everybody isn't obsessing over something they can't even define
>>
Gesture is you (the artist) pointing (via lines) to the viewer "look here, now here, ok, now move your eye over there, ..." It's the flow throughout the artpiece, a (virtual) highlighter used to mark the interesting parts.
>>
>>2660220

Your country isn't relevant because the industry is in the only country that matters- United States of America, land of the free home of the brave and don't you forget it.
>>
>>2660212

If you didn't have your pirated bible I wonder what would have formed your opinion on gesture.
>>
File: 1428454266224.jpg (47KB, 371x348px) Image search: [Google]
1428454266224.jpg
47KB, 371x348px
>>2660163
Gesture drawing is a means of communication to promote an idea behind your interpretation of a figure and to broadcast an expression, an experience, and a feelpu (mood) towards your audience.

It is an abstract, it may be formless or convey some form but the whole purpose is to get the message across clearly to tell a story.

Anyone who says otherwise is a faggot.
>>
>>2660163
gesture is a form of competition between two artists colloquially known as "gesture battle"
>>
File: 262443.jpg (76KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
262443.jpg
76KB, 1920x1080px
>>2660257
>to promote an idea behind your interpretation of a figure

I disagree, the technique is what the audience sees. Your execution of everything else is what makes the picture. The gesture is simply notation to the artist.
>and to broadcast an expression
I disagree, gesture is a battle between the mind and the artist. It is like a quarrel, or a lovers talk, or a careful tip-toe to kill the predator. This language was meant to be for the artist and the artist alone, not for the audience. The MODEL is the one broadcasting to the audience. You are supposed to feel what the MODEL is broadcasting. The artist is simply a lens into the heart of the model. If you disagree with this you are a faggot in my eyes.
>but the whole purpose is to get the message across clearly to tell a story
I disagree; as a standalone subject matter yes, it can convey story. But story comes in writing. The artist must also write. This is how the artist conjures visualization and unique works.

tl;dr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6josPnHF94
>>
>>2660269
Nobody listen to this idiot he clearly has no idea what he's talking about.
>>
>>2660259
/thread
>>
File: wett3.jpg (175KB, 1024x1511px) Image search: [Google]
wett3.jpg
175KB, 1024x1511px
>>2660275

It's okay, not everyone was born smart like me nor can make it in the creative fields. You'll do fine in a career at Krispy Kreme.

courtesy sage
>>
>>2660253

Why read Loomis then if you can simply form your OPINION on DRAWING?
>>
File: inmycountry.jpg (104KB, 1079x690px) Image search: [Google]
inmycountry.jpg
104KB, 1079x690px
>>2660220
>>
>>2660284
Why even ride a bicycle or a car when you can simply invent the wheel yourself?
>>
>>2660310
Because maybe you'll invent something better like a plane
>>
>>2660212
Is this from steve's new book?
>>
>>2660315
Looks like it is, though I'm not the anon that posted that image. I'd be curious to see what his book says, though from what I've heard it is somewhat disappointing and not very thorough or useful for anyone past the beginner stage.
>>
>>2660314
Both a wheel and a plane already exist and work perfectly, because they were invented by people who were damn good at it. Now if you take their knowledge and add your own ideas, that's where something original might arise.

Scientists wouldn't even get to that part where they start with their own ideas if they always doubted their teachers.
>>
>>2660163
It's the essence of a pose. The action, energy, flow... It can be used to keep things fluid and not get too stiff as you develop the figure drawing. Read Steve Huston's book and watch Ron Lemen's youtube videos on the subject.
>>
>>2660163
Gesture is like a little sketch you make as a first step.
A second step is to build on this gesture with simple volumes.

Try to draw the action of the figure. Look for the direction the major forms are going. Look at how the weight is distributed.
What leg is the figure standing on
What are they thinking about?
What's his favorite album?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 278x181px
420 Feel it
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.