[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I couldn't give any less fucks about traditional

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 344565756768.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
344565756768.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>tfw I couldn't give any less fucks about traditional art (except pencil art, everything else sucks)

Seriously, I love making digital paintings and shit. I only do traditional art when practicing new things/theory and that's when I use pencil. I hate watercolors, acrylics, oils and the likes. However I'm very into making it. I want to be like those concept artists in gamind industry.

Seems like every serious school in my country focuses in traditional art. It's difficult to get accepted when I actually have next to no experience with anything else but pencils and digital art.

Am I fucked? I guess I have to become self taught artist if that's what it takes, but it's quite a rough path to take. I need a teacher's guidance.
>>
>>2658215
>Seems like every serious school in my country focuses in traditional art.

really makes you think
>>
Yeah its stupid that art schools focus solely on traditional art in some cases, but doing traditional will probably make you better at digital.

Find an art course that teaches both, don't shy away from one because you'll learn so much more about your chosen media by trying other foreign media.
>>
>I hate watercolors

Congratulations, you're a faggot.
>>
>>2658215
>I want to be like those concept artists in gamind industry.
>I only practice with pencil.

Guess what? Never gonna make it.

If you can't draw traditionally, you can't draw digitally.

If you can't draw realistic figures, you can't draw animu shit.

See ctrlpaint.com and stop being such a nigger.
>>
>>2658215
Join FZD.
It's cheaper than most schools out there.
>>
>>2658215

it's no coincidence that the best of the best have a high mileage in trad media (not just pencil)
>>
>>2658215
>Seems like every serious school in my country focuses in traditional art
There's so much more material for people learning how to do digital painting than there are for traditional painting. Most of the useful information about traditional painting are from literature of dead people. Those who are teaching digital painting or at least use digital painting for their works tend to cluster up in more defined categories meaning they are more alike to each other, than traditional painters who are all over the place. That makes it easier to find relevant information for digital painting.
>>
>>2658347
Hopefully you get rapemurdered by feral niggers
>>
Digital paintings are boring af.

Yeah m8 sorry ur laptop aint no tool. Traditional art laves material traces rather than just a fucking jpeg on your computer.

There's a reason we call it Art.
>>
>>2658680
post your work
>>
>>2658215
>Am I fucked?
Yes.

Next.
>>
OP here, I will start practicing painting traditionally then. Are acrylics good enough? It's probably the one I like the most out of the painting mediums.
>>
>>2658829
you'll be back to shitposting in a week
>>
>>2658829
What do you like about them? Most people start with a cheaper medium with the end goal of working in oils.
Acrylics dry fast enough that they are hard to blend and ruin brushes if you get lazy with cleaning. I would recommend a slow-drying paint like Golden Open.
>>
>>2658962
I went full retard, I meant watercolors. In my language the world watercolors is very close to acrylics. I like them the most because they are overall the least AIDS out of the painting mediums imo. None of that shit you said about acrylics and no turpentine. It's cheap and doesn't take room to do. I don't have room for oil painting anyway in my tiny apartment.

I'm not planning to advance to oil paintings, at least for now. I figured it might be enough that I focus on digital painting and do traditional painting in some form to fuel my digital painting skills.
>>
>>2658989
Every medium has its own strengths and weaknesses. Watercolors are accessible but they're also difficult to be accurate with and very unforgiving. What you save on paint cost you end up spending on sable brushes and cotton rag paper. It's definitely a good choice when it comes to quick sketches and plein-air painting.
>>
>>2659022
Alright, thanks mate. Do you have any guides for watercolors you could recommend?
>>
>>2659032
This approach works well: https://citizensketcher.com/paintings/
Mostly you just need to be patient and get comfortable with mixing your paints and working with water, it can be daunting at first if all you're used to is digital or even opaque media.
There's a ton of instruction out there but most of it isn't very good. Read handprint - http://www.handprint.com/HP/WCL/water.html
It'll give you a good idea on where to start and what to get.
>>
File: Are you sure..png (566KB, 682x711px) Image search: [Google]
Are you sure..png
566KB, 682x711px
>>2658353
Nigga computers have only recently gotten popular

No shit they're is going to be a higher mileage with traditional media

Fucking Sai released in '08
>>
I've yet to see a digital painting that has the presence and effect of seeing a good large scale painting in person.

And oil or acrylic on canvas or panel is almost as archival as a carving in stone.
>>
>>2659167

not to mention how most digital work looks horrible when printed large.
>>
>>2659167
>And oil or acrylic on canvas or panel is almost as archival as a carving in stone.
Not at all. We have stone sculptures dating back thousands of years in good condition, and some tens of thousands of years in okay or somewhat damaged condition. Paintings don't survive that long at all, they tend to crack and fade and have all sorts of issues.
>>
>>2659217
This has more to do with artists not knowing anything about print or not working with it mind, rather than with digital art in itself. It's no different than any other form of printed media.
>>
>>2659261

More like not having the processing power to work on high-res art
>>
>>2659304
Either a shitty computer or poor workflow, neither are a good excuse.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.