[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there another renowned alternative to draw-a-box where I can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: logo.png (6KB, 152x76px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
6KB, 152x76px
Is there another renowned alternative to draw-a-box where I can practice basic form from imagination?

I want more variance in my exercises; I refuse to believe he's the first dude to put rudimentary 3-D thought exercises into practice. Where's the Vilppu version of this clown?

How do I get the same mental strain from drawing from life?
>>
>>2651372
Make your own exercises then. Do you honestly need someone to design everything and hold your hand ?
>>
>>2651372
peter han vids
>>
>>2651372
Is the only option available to grind the drawing of basic forms from life?
>>
not organized into a neat little package like draw a box, but this is basically what you need to do https://youtu.be/mk84EpHmZKQ
>>
>>2651377
If there are better ways that someone has ruminated on for longer than I have, the answer is yes.

You don't look at people and de-construct them your own special way when there are people smarter than you that have spent thousands of hours of intense analyzation on the subject before you even attempted to do so. That would be stupid and counter-productive.

I have to look for a good teacher before I rely on my own mind. It's simply faster this way.
>>
File: tumblr_obt05gsABQ1sjbwgso1_1280.jpg (154KB, 1080x1227px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_obt05gsABQ1sjbwgso1_1280.jpg
154KB, 1080x1227px
>>2651387

Yep, moatdd is pretty good. Check out the practical construction videos and 10 minute drawing techniques series.
>>
File: 4_v5uq6.jpg (26KB, 608x452px) Image search: [Google]
4_v5uq6.jpg
26KB, 608x452px
IT'S CALLED SPACIAL VISUALIZATION YOU FUCKING MORONS.

Do you people only read the shit (and I mean the absolute shit) that is given to you by dumb fucks here and rebbit?

It's been studied for centuries. Architects and engineers knew about before psychologists labeled it.
Purdue made test for it. Pic related it's what the test is

P.S. Fucking kill yourself Muhammad
>>
>>2651372
>basic form from imagination
What is construction?
>>
>>2651412
Thanks anon.
>>
>>2651412
The answer is B
>>
>>2651415
>What is construction

What is construction made up of?
>>
>>2651412
>SPACIAL VISUALIZATION
A big word for something every good artist achieves when they've studied enough.
>>
>>2651423
take the the test and post your score hot shot

http://www.quiz.biz/quizz-250841.html
>>
>>2651412
where i find moar?
>>
https://gumroad.com/foundation_patreon#

John Park has the same thing as Draw a box but 10 bux a vid.
>>
>>2651431
I got 100%

That "test" was fucking easy dude, and the majority of the scores being perfect supports this.
>>
>>2651466
In how many seconds?
>>
>>2651476
140, but that was because I wasn't even trying to go fast.

I'm not taking it again since I've got it all memorized.
>>
the Drawabox guy draws like shit, dont know why anyone takes his advice

If I had a nickel for every shitty or mediocre artist that makes YT tutorials to scam poor beginners into having the same bad habits they do...
>>
>>2651588
I bet you learn from Loomis.
>>
>>2651592
I learn from actual teachers like Loomis, Villppu, Hampton, Bridgeman, Huston, and Gurney. Not some random hack on Youtube trying to justify how shit his art is by pretending to be a teacher
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!whAg2QYD!S6X1smoI1lMNulQmvrMRbQ

Peter Han's shit is here btw
>>
>>2651601
The dynamic bible?
>>
>>2651604
Sorry these are just the vids, I don't have the pdf
>>
>>2651588
>The Draw-a-box guy draws like shit

He draws better than you and 90% of /ic/

You can learn something from him.
>>
>>2651607
Damn shame.
Is this all of it though? It's his class right? Nothing more is going to be added?
>>
>>2651610
Anyone who shuns a teacher is inexperienced anyways. Surrendering to the lesson no matter what it is, is how you will be able to proceed forward to mastery.
>>
>>2651611
Its his CGMA Dynamic Sketching I class. the first class is on youtube. He doesn't cover tanks or anything. If you check the archive, there was an anon that uploaded the book
>>
>>2651613

Is this some beginner's mind shit?
>>
>>2651613
That doesn't make any sense though, if it hasn't yielded results for the "master" why would the student waste their time and follow suit?
>>
>>2651594
>"I draw from these because people on /ic/ told me they're good"
Drawabox is a very good source for learning construction and you can't point out anything about the way he teaches as a bad habit, whereas Hogarth (who drew really well), for example, taught his students bullshit proportions and no planar definition and got away with it - 'cause he was an established professional.

Teaching is a separate skill, drawing well doesn't make you good at explaining it.

>>2651604
>>2651611
Uh.. I have Dynamic bible and its companion, downloaded it with no problem/torrents, I thought people had this one.
>>
>>2652279
>Hogarth (who drew really well)
a lot of his drawings look pretty fucked desu
>>
>>2652369
Hahaha this is priceless, nigga should've read the sticky hahaha what a faggot
>>
>>2652369
Hogarth looks like shit
maybe I just can't see it and I suck ass, and I can't understand the depth of his advices, because I see him recommended all the time, but it looks like shit
>>
>>2652279
I thought the DB just came out, so not even sure where to look for it and get it in a reliable way.
>>
>>2652478
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0BzKzkoX6NRj4UTVxbTZFejgya0U
>>
>>2651419
Nice b8.
>>
>>2651412
>>2651431
You must be some kind of idiot to think this thing is hard. I answered questions like these on the SAT and ASVAB and both were piss easy.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.