[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've borrowed my friend's wacom art pen and I'm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: art-pen-1-g.jpg (18KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
art-pen-1-g.jpg
18KB, 960x640px
I've borrowed my friend's wacom art pen and I'm struggling to feel any real difference between it and my regular grip pen. Can someone enlighten me what I'm missing? I have tried a dozen of different brushes and I have yet to come across a situation where the rotation makes any difference.
>>
>>2649960
Never tried one but wacom are fucking up by not creating something that can compete with the apple pencil. Never thought I'd actually want to buy anything made by apple.
>>
>>2649960
Flat brushes, that's about it.
>>
>>2650100

Elaborate
>>
>>2650101
You can use it to control the rotation of flat brushes organically, like you would irl with a real brush, chisel-tip marker, etc.
>>
>>2650179

Okay. I can't figure out if it's the roundness jitter or the angle jitter that I'm supposed to set to rotation though. I mean, unless the rotation setting is on in either of those it's no difference to the regular grip pen, right?
>>
>>2650207
Angle jitter. The default bristle brushes should have rotation on by default. CS6 and up also have the brush projection feature that's supposed to warp the brush shape according to tilt and rotation, but I haven't tried it myself.

But yeah, if that's not important to you it works the same as a regular grip pen. I had one for the Intuos 3 and it was even more useless, a chunky flat tip and no buttons on the barrel.
>>
>>2650222

Okay. I guess it depends on how you work. It lacks the tactile feedback of a brush or marker so it doesn't feel natural to twirl it around. I've been taught to draw with the shoulder with a grip that doesn't change much, so I guess it's not for me then.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.