[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What media do you guys use for color? I usually color my drawings

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1471883842857.jpg (53KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1471883842857.jpg
53KB, 960x717px
What media do you guys use for color? I usually color my drawings using prismacolor markers but I notice streaks in larger areas and I can't afford all the shades of each color to make it look better. Do you think it's a skill issue that it does that or is there a better medium I could be using? Do color pencils work well?
Pic related
>>
I use Photoshop.
>>
>>2648397
How do prismacolor markers compare to copic?
>>
>>2648397
Might be the marker dying. I don't think Copics run into that issue. I use Prisma myself but I've rarely had this happen.
>>
>>2648421
They're okay, there's not much difference in ink quality. People used to switch from Prisma to Copic cause of the brush nib options, but Prismas have them now. Only thing they don't have over Copic is the refills for inks & nibs
>>
>>2648397
watercolor with cheap watercolor paper.
>>
>>2648397
Markers aren't really well suited to covering large areas in one color. Sometimes changing the paper can help. What are you currently using?
Alternatively, like >>2648422 said, refilling/replacing the offending marker if you don't have the same issue with other colors/didn't have the issue before.

I'd advise against colored pencils - it's an extremely slow process and imo the amount of time you need to spend on a single piece to get something half-decent looking is not worth the result. Also, it's hard on your hand/wrist.

Watercolor is pretty good for larger work and even the inexpensive stuff tends to be fairly decent (though you have to use actual watercolor paper to get good results), but there's more of a learning curve to it than to markers.
If you'd like to give it a try, I recommend getting a small travel palette (12-14 half-pans) from either Cotman or Van Gogh. Watercolor paper buy just whatever, as long as it says it's watercolor paper specifically and not just mixed media - I obviously haven't tried every single brand, but based on the ones I've tried I'd say that the cheaper papers are all pretty similar. Just avoid ones labeled as "rough" surface if you want to use ink as well.
>>
go digital or go home.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.