[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a prime example of why we need a board to separate art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

File: idiot.jpg (138KB, 1159x590px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
138KB, 1159x590px
This is a prime example of why we need a board to separate art discussion from manga illustration.

I have respect for professional manga illustrators though... They probably know what they are talking about when it comes to art.
>>
File: te3332.jpg (17KB, 236x379px) Image search: [Google]
te3332.jpg
17KB, 236x379px
>>2643168
gokigenyou, retardsan >>>/a/

polite sage
>>
>>2643168
Sauce on the picture on the left?
>>
>>2643179
sun ken rock
>>
>>2643168
Are you actually retarded? The picture on the left was including in the book because it's an example of slightly abstract lineart. The idea behind it is to show the difference between drawing the subject as interpreted by the brain, versus drawing the lines you see, irrespective of how your brain interprets the image.

Anyway, reported.
>>
>>2643168
I'll give (You) a benefit of doubt, and assume that you use that image as an example of the retardation that spawns when classical art and manga art enthusiasts mix together
>>
>>2643201
>versus drawing the lines you see, irrespective of how your brain interprets the image.
That makes no sense whatsoever. Care to explain a bit more, young man?
>>
>>2643168
>I have respect for professional manga illustrators though... They probably know what they are talking about when it comes to art.
I like to see you are somebody who is willing to learn that there can be more point of views so I am willing to give a more mannered respond now.

By how I would say that things are, a prime reason for that to happen is for enough ppl to be interested in this, because a board isn't going to be made for just a few guys.

In other words, you need to prove (to the mods?) that there is enough ppl interested in the subject to create a board specially for it. How you can do that don't ask me, idk
>>
>>2643168
The same faggot again...
>>
>>2643201

You mean to the right? That's a drawing by Picasso which is the whole point of the picture. Respected modern art vs low brow comic book art
>>
>>2643226
>Respected modern art vs low brow comic book art
here we go again
>>
>>2643226
>"why is the image on the right good?"
>"uh, because people told me it is."

Never gonna make it.
>>
>>2643230
>>2643233

I'm talking about what the general public (including art critics) perception is. It's a objective observation, not a subjective judgement about the art. I think most people on here would agree the animu drawing takes more skill than the Picasso piece
>>
>>2643226
>>2643206
>>2643168
It's getting harder to tell the genuine retards from the trolls.
>>
What the fuck? I already hide this thread
>>
>>2643246
The general public's opinion is usually the exact opposite of that of art critics though.
>>
>>2643226
so just because it was drawn by a dude whose name literally means Big Dick in portuguese we should think right is better?
>>
>>2643247
Still waiting for that explaination, troll
>>
>>2643251
Why do you even compare those two? It makes no sense to compare them since they are not remotely similar in anyway.Not visually and not intentionally.Picasso also has works where he did create semi realistic drawings like the comic book one and i must say he was pretty good at it.Why do you think he didnt continue on drawing semi realistic drawings?Because there isnt anything creative or unqiue about them.Sure they are impressive and good to look at but they arent real art.Just because Picasso's artistic vision is unique and different than the art in comic books doesnt make him a skilless artist since he was also pretty good at drawing realistic things..
>drawing skills=/=art
>>
>>2643168
If it's a good manga artist, the fundamentals should be the same for both eastern and western art. /ic/ is already moving pretty slow, no point further dividing it.

Why is everyone shitting on the left picture? It's a cover fitting for a comic marketed towards teenagers. The artist isn't trying to compete with the old masters, he's got his own place in the industry.
That anconeus looks pretty shit tho.
>>
>>2643296
He only did that when he was a child, and with his dad who was a very good artist, and when he left his studio he never drew like that again.

Funny how that works, right?
>>
>>2643318
Just look at you all the retarded comments here and you can see why they should be separate.
>>
This no-life op still trying to act like me and be like me.
>>
>>2644409
Okay, whatever that means.
>>
>>2644412

You'll never be me so just stop trying so hard.
>>
>>2644415
what does this mean?
>>
>>2644428

It means no matter how hard you try you'll never replace me. I'm king 'round here, got that? I deal the cards. I make the rules. You'll always be a 2nd-rate shitposter.
>>
>>2644431
>>2644428
gesture battle
>>
>>2644434

Anytime, loser. I'm ready when you are.
>>
wtf??
>>
>>2644437
then start preparing your boipussy, I'll make you feel the flow.
>>
GESTURE BATTLE!
GESTURE BATTLE!
GESTURE BATTLE!
>>
File: dynamic.jpg (77KB, 181x500px) Image search: [Google]
dynamic.jpg
77KB, 181x500px
posting my winning gesture from my last gesture battle, fight me anytime weaklings.
>>
>>2644444

Those digits don't lie, truly dynamic. Daga, yoku jozu ja nai arimasen against mine.
>>
File: drawoff.jpg (37KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
drawoff.jpg
37KB, 500x281px
>>2644437
>>2644440
>>2644442
It's a draw off everybody!
>>
>>2644447
nani sore, flash anata wa no gesture.
>>
File: 3oEdv1YQVqsUdlETMk.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
3oEdv1YQVqsUdlETMk.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>2644451
Sure, in hangouts.
>>
Fact: there is no respectable place on the internet to talk about art.
>>
>>2644460
>he doesn't know the serious art sekrit forum
>>
>>2644460
There is, but it's a secret :P
>>
Yeah great idea, split up an already slow board into two even slower boards.
>>
>>2644462
>>2644461
Sorry, that's not filled with imbeciles who jerk off to naruto and whatever other Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>2644466
>he still doesn't know
>>
>>2644468
Your gay discord doesn't count and permanoobs is dead.
>>
>>2644470
>never gonna find out
>>
>>2644471
http://seks-club.deviantart.com/

:?)
>>
>>2644475
gesture battle me m8.
>>
>>2644475
Lol, this shit is dead fuck. Ayyyy.
>>
>>2644475
>tfw im in the group
:^)))))
>>
>>2644475
is this yet another dead ic deviant group?
>>
>>2644496

Yes, or so the that's how the legends are told:
https://warosu.org/ic/thread/S1984886#
>>
>>2643362
Wow, he left the influence of his father and moved to another country, it's almost as if that would change your outlook!
>>
>>2643203
>picasso
>classical art

TOP KEK
O
P

K
E
K
>>
>>2643296
>drawing skills=/=art

not gonna make it

also, there seems to be a strange perception that different = good. just because his crap is unique it doesn't mean it's not crap
>>
File: betterthanGuernica.jpg (33KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
betterthanGuernica.jpg
33KB, 460x276px
>>2643168
>we need a board to separate art discussion from manga illustration.

I don't think the comics enthusiasts are the problem here.

When was the last time we had a mature discussion about art on this board? Even threads about concept art or sketchbooks get derailed by trolling about the spark, 16 hours a day, not gonna make it, etc.

Last threads I read about Picasso all went like this:
> Picasso a shit
> This one is nice
> His father painted it
> B...but his father was already dead?
> The ghost of his father painted it

This thread will be no different. From above comments, I can already see it derailing in a Trollfest.

>Here's a Sargent painting about war.
> One may like Guernica and this painting (or just one, or none), for different reasons.
>>
>>2647296
> Picasso a shit
> This one is nice
> His father painted it
> B...but his father was already dead?
> The ghost of his father painted it
Fuck made me laugh
>>
>>2647296
>>2647315

guaranteed both of your art is eye-burning
>>
>>2647324
To be fair you can say that about probably any two random comments on /ic/ and be right.
>>
File: IMG_6756.jpg (814KB, 1280x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6756.jpg
814KB, 1280x673px
>>2647324

How did you know I'm using Sakimi's Chromatic Aberration tutorial?

Right now on /ic/ there are people posting this about old Ruan Jia's artworks:
> these are really terrible
> It's very inspirational to see that he was shit too at some point
> just as "shitty" as most of us

Pic related, from his "shitty" phase. How can we discuss anything if everyone is trolling non-stop?
>>
>>2647347
It will never stop so long as people don't know what they are talking about.

Although I do think digital painting does not require any skill.
>>
Maybe an art/craft split of the board? I don't really care much for the art aspect of drawing, and someone else might not care about craft etc.
>>
>>2647347
Well that piece isn't that great. It's not terrible, but it's certainly not anything worthy of praise. The drawing in it is abysmal, the colour is bad, it's overexposed, has way to much soft airbrush glow to it, it relies very heavily on layer modes etc.

And if you look at the work in that thread, there are a handful of pieces that are genuinely beginner. Even professional looking pieces in there from the beginning of his career are lightyears behind his current work.
>>
If the image on the right was drawn by a /ic/ poster, he would be directed to read the sticky
>>
>>2643362
really makes you think
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.