[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what's the deal with mechanical pencil lead? Is there

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: suuperiority.jpg (13KB, 500x215px) Image search: [Google]
suuperiority.jpg
13KB, 500x215px
So what's the deal with mechanical pencil lead? Is there any way to not just waste the last half centimeter or so because it's not long enough to grip it?
>>
File: 59421.jpg (47KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
59421.jpg
47KB, 600x400px
>>2637496
Use a pencil with a dual-clutch mechanism. Or just don't worry about it and use whatever pencil you want, graphite is cheap.
>>
>>2637501

What mechanical pencils have dual clutch mechanisms? I have a few different ones but all of them don't want to work when you get down to the end. I know graphite's cheap but I don't want to waste it if I don't have to, you know? Also when I'm using 2b or 4b lead I end up wasting a bit just breaking it so I'm trying to minimize waste as much as possible.
>>
File: parker21.jpg (8KB, 346x146px) Image search: [Google]
parker21.jpg
8KB, 346x146px
>>2637501

Actually I just looked it up and I do have one but it's a .9 mm one, my Parker Special 21. It's cool but for doing underdrawings I'd like something thinner.
>>
>>2637521
The only ones I'm familiar with are the Staedtler 9505 and the Platinum pencils with the ZeroShin mechanism.
>>
I used to save my 1cm pieces and use a bunch at once. At least that's what my plan was, I can't remember if I actually tried it but I feel like it would work.
>>
>>2637496

You're part of the problem with so many artists in this day and age. The mechanical pencils aren't fucking important. Only amateurs who have no idea what they are doing think mechanical pencils actually matter. They don't. The standard #2 pencil is all you need. Asking about mechanical pencils implies that having them is going to get you anywhere. It's not.

Fucking kill your self already.
>>
>>2637646

hey man, there's no need to be mad. anon is just having fun with a pencil.
>>
>>2637496
>Is there any way to not just waste the last half centimeter or so because it's not long enough to grip it?
who cares, it costs like a fraction of a penny
>>
>>2637646
Every Goddamn thread...
>>
>>2637638
It wouldn't.

>>2637646
You can choose to use whatever tool you want.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.