/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, hope I'm following the rules by posting this,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 559.jpg (202KB, 600x574px) Image search: [Google]
559.jpg
202KB, 600x574px
Hey guys, hope I'm following the rules by posting this, I think this is okay to post from what I saw.

I'm currently an absolute noob when it comes to drawing, I've only ever made doodles in my notebook at school. However, I've decided to make this my other passion, along with music, which I've been playing for years, and I'm starting by going through New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards, since it's so often recommended and I like learning from books. The thing is, the only supplies I have are some 2B pencils and one 4B and one 6B, some decent drawing paper (forgot what kind it is, but it seems good enough), a rubber eraser, and a sharpener. She says that I should get a slew of other supplies, so my question is this: Can I go through the exercises in the book effectively with what I have? Or does lacking those ruin the flow of the exercises and stunt progress? Has anyone here gone through the book with just those basic supplies? Thanks in advance senpai
>>
beginner thread
loomis
neuroplasticity
not gonna make it
the spark
>>
>>2636718
If you're a complete beginner, all you need is a blank piece of paper and a pencil, anything else at your level is just wasting your money.
>>
>>2636722
Loomis or pussy
>>
>>2636722
>no ligameme
>>
>>2636718
the whole view finder thing is pretty dumb and the book is filled with pseudoscience mumbo jumbo. Just do the exercises to the best of your abilities with a pencil and paper.

i personally think that keys to drawing is a much better book that teaches you the same stuff.
>>
>>2636733
Well shit I mean I've fucked around before but never studied it or really worked at it. I want to draw but I also want a little guidance.
>>
>>2636781
Well, what are your goals? I mean, we need more information. Mind posting your art?
>>
>>2636718
You just need a 2b pencil and an erasure, start filling those pages gogogogo
>>
>>2636885
This.
>>
>>2636718
>Navel-gazing
/Thread
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.