[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is the internet art community so discouraging, self loathing,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: moe.jpg (22KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
moe.jpg
22KB, 500x377px
why is the internet art community so discouraging, self loathing, and genrally hateful? I come here every day and even though I know a majority of the content here is shitposting and autism it still makes me want to kill myself
>>
>>2636697
You could always go to the hugboxes that are Tumblr and Reddit.
>>
>>2636704
/thread
>>
>>2636697
dont come here then like lmao nigga close the fucking window lmao
>>
>>2636697
Do what you love to do my friend. Listen to constructive criticism, and also listen to the cunts if there is value and wisdom in what they say.

As long as you stay passionate about art, and it makes you happy to do it, you will do alright bud.
>>
>>2636704
would you rather hear non-constructive negative feedback, or non-constructive positive feedback?
>>
File: save.png (50KB, 611x355px) Image search: [Google]
save.png
50KB, 611x355px
>>2636697
>>2636709
>>
>>2636697
It's because many people here here hate themselves for being shit at art, and instead of spending time trying to improve they makes sure everyone else is just as miserable as they are.

There are some genuinely helpful and kind people out there, too good for this board though- as most of the time they go unappreciated or drowned out by all the thread shitting.
>>
>>2636697
When you understand that it's for your own betterment, you will begin to make it.
>>
>>2636746
>memeing in a thread about how shit the memeing on this board is

Jesus christ kek
>>
File: 1470032664212.jpg (74KB, 900x897px) Image search: [Google]
1470032664212.jpg
74KB, 900x897px
>>2636697
>internet art community
nah, it's just 4chan, anywhere else chases out the caustic shit bags who contribute nothing but vitriol because they don't operate on anonymity and people who're intentionally mean in their feedback tend to be lacking in the ability to actually give good critiques when they aren't just looking to stir shit. an artwork and critique board works counter to the nature and culture of current 4chan because unless you switch your style up with every piece (which i've seen some attempt) you aren't able to post anonymously, and so you will get people who treat any post of your art work as if you were a tripfriend

more related to your problem, you come here because you likely have fucked up brain chemicals that make you feel like shit for no reason and you're looking for some kind of outside stimuli to reinforce/justify those feelings because you want there to at least be a reason you feel like shit as opposed to the opposite. this probably makes it worse.
>>
>>2636710
>>2636746
>>2636704

>implying anything on /ic/ is constructive feedback

wew lad
>>
>>2636766
My point still stands, you can always leave.
>>
Only recently have I seen faggots saying
>Oh you're over the age of 20? Yeah you're too late kys and give up on drawing forever
Non Ironically as if drawing is a contest. /fit/ has a much better mentality about making it past "your prime" and doing it for yourself, not to be better than others
Shit, as long as it makes you happy and improving your drawings makes you happy do what you want, most of the people here don't know what they're talking about
>>
>>2636697
Try wetcanvas for critique.

/ic is basically an entertainment shitpost source. 'Pairs well with morning coffee.
>>
>>2636697
your first problem is coming here every day. stop. sure its shitposting / autism but negativity is negativity at the end of the day
>>2636742
this
>>
>>2636742
oh look
/ic/'s very own sjw
how cute
>>
>>2636982
>labels valid criticism of /ic/ as sjw
how cute
dont get triggered or anything
>>
>>2637000
>valid criticism
it's cute how you pretend to know what that means

stay salty
>>
File: 1219086862608s.jpg (3KB, 127x127px) Image search: [Google]
1219086862608s.jpg
3KB, 127x127px
>>2636711
S-so either way I'm fucked
>>
>>2637002
aw, glad you think so
maybe you'll wise up one day
>>
>>2636960
That because /fit isn't full of pompous assholes such as ourselves.
>>
>>2636697
those who discourage and generally insult others are more often than not, insecure. 4chan breeds insecurity unfortunately. it is the place people go to when they wish to communicate with others of the same breed. we are all insecure. we are all lonely in our own ways. do you really think anybody would be on this site right now if they were fully content and happy with their life? i highly doubt it
>>
>>2636982
you're retarded if you think people's main complaints about /ic/ have to do with tone or negativity

a great artist could call someone here absolute dogshit all the way through and still give a good critique

The problem is that /ic/ is full of shit artists like you that don't know what they are talking about and post on the basis of "THICKER SKIN BEGINNER THREAD LOOMIS IM SHIT BUT AT LEAST I ADMIT IT XDDDDDDDDDD" means anything towards their credibility.

Simply put, you have to be 18 to post here nigger.
>>
>>2637866
I mainly agree but I think 4chan still benefits from the anonymous aspect.

Also, old habits die hard. Some people have just been using 4chan too long to ever want to actually abandon it. Especially when most alternatives are much worse.

I definitely shit on /ic/ for it's collective self-loathing but at the same time I'll take it over reddit or DA when it comes to art discussion.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.