[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A friend asked me to do a collab with him, but I feel extremely

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

A friend asked me to do a collab with him, but I feel extremely nervous with this. He's a much better artist than me and I feel like garbage even by trying to do something.

He sent me an initial sketch and he left most of it open for me to do anything I wanted, with the excuse that he just wants to do something with me.
I'm frozen, I have no idea what to do since we didn't even settle on a concept or anything, and I fear at scribbling over it.

How do you get over this anxiety? I can ignore it when I'm doing something for myself, but I freeze when I have to work with someone else that has any expectations from me because I know I'm a shitty artist at heart.
>>
grow a pair.

you should have ever since you blew in here in the first place.
>>
>>2636308
this pathetic attitude is the reason you are a shitty artist.
either grow a pair or stop doing art.
>>
>>2636308
Do small projects, work your way up in confidence.
But yeah, basically grow a pair
>>
>>2636308
collaboration is more about idea brainstorming and experimentation through multiple minds working together not your polishing skill level anyway.
>>
>He's a much better artist than me and I feel like garbage even by trying to do something.
lol, i feel sames even when i only have my own eyes to judge

I guess if you're relatively good friends with him, you should first tell him how you feel. Also, you should somehow try to deal with your incompetence in general, as after all there's always people who'll make both you and your friend look like garbage in comparison. And perhaps use the opportunity to learn from him. I mean, if it was him who asked you to work with him you can't be that fucking horrible. I sort of feel like I've gone pretty generic with such tips
>>
>>2636308
Man, I fucking wished I had a friend who was better than me to do collabs with. You could learn so much from that.
>>
>>2636308
I feel you.
I think the best way to resolve that anxiety is just tell your friend about it. It will help the situation.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.