[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone seem to have such a hard-on for Marko Djurdjevic?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: 1449243835185.png (2MB, 1488x2105px) Image search: [Google]
1449243835185.png
2MB, 1488x2105px
Why does everyone seem to have such a hard-on for Marko Djurdjevic?

I mean sure he's decent but he hardly improved over the years and he's quite limited in his designs. Also he appears to suffer from delusions of grandeur nowadays. Is it just his rockstar attitude?
>>
Great sense of design, good shape language, excellent pencil work, solid dynamism. Plus he only works from memory. Yeah, he can't paint as well as some of his collegues, so what? Get a grip
>>
>>2631357
Where did you get that high res...Marko?
>>
File: jinas-final.jpg (298KB, 602x782px) Image search: [Google]
jinas-final.jpg
298KB, 602x782px
>>2631400
His lineart is good, sure, but has he ever graduated from his original Degenesis stuff?

>>2631403
That's not high res, are you blind? It's pixelated as hell.
All the previews they posted were large but low quality.
>>
>>2631400
Ref or not doesn't matter.
Just like photo or 3D doesn't once you start working you get hammered with the paper and business side of the job.
Also you need to satisfy clients and so any tool that secures that they get a servicable product at the deadline becomes paramount.

The knowledge he retains is impressive and 100% a boon to him but it should not merrit a high water mark for being good. This soccer player uses bowling shoes for no good reason, he's so amazing.
>>
>>2631430
>This soccer player uses bowling shoes for no good reason, he's so amazing.

That analogy doesn't really work because Marko's work looks better than typical photobashed or 3D shit. So it's not a matter of him needlessly handicapping himself and depriving himself of techniques and shortcuts that would make his work look better, but that he values his craft enough to put in more effort than he needs to, for a better looking end product for his client.
>>
File: Warknight01.jpg (215KB, 780x641px) Image search: [Google]
Warknight01.jpg
215KB, 780x641px
>>2631433
That's not really true though, as a lot of his work looks quite samey.
>>
>>2631437
That doesn't really change the fact that it looks better than most photobashed shit. Pretty much every good artist's work looks "samey" it's called being consistent at what you do.
>>
>>2631464
Who's talking about photobashing?

Photobashing is primarily used in concept art and Djurdjevic is not a concept artist.
>>
>>2631493
>Djurdjevic is not a concept artist.

You what now anon

Oh I see, its that thread again where people that have no clue about anything related to the art industry make definitive statements about everything
>>
>>2631493
He's an illustrator and a character designer. Photobashing is used quite a lot in character design by some artists like the whole Onepixelbrush crew.
>>
File: IMG_20151009_124931.jpg (154KB, 475x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151009_124931.jpg
154KB, 475x767px
>>2631357
I prefer Wes senpai. Marko's characters look cool too but more in a comic ish way while Wes character actually look like people you can see in real life
>>
>>2631519
it's shit, the only thing he has going for him is his line quality, other then that, his construction and constant samefacing is average/intermediate level.
>>
What has Djurdjevic done aside from Degenesis and a couple Marvel comic covers?
>>
>>2631542
Your mom
>>
>>2631553
DAAAAAAMN!
>>
>>2631535
Flash your work
>>
>>2631519
>Wes
>rich kid
>Rapoza and other pros taught him
>he go into high tier Atelier
Life is simply unfair.
>>
he's a sparklet
>>
>>2631493
> Djurdjevic is not a concept artist.
lmao
>>
>>2631662
What projects did he make the concept art for?
>>
>>2631587
Rapoza is entirely self taught, isnt he?
>>
>>2631818
almost his entire body of work outside of his comic book covers
>>
>>2631844
Such as?
>>
>>2631493
>>2631818
>>2631896
He used to work at Massive Black. He has done character designs for Marvel. He got his job at Marvel by doing some fan art redesigning the X-Men.
>>
>>2631535
Lul

>wes burt
>widely considered one of the best drawers in the industry
>known and admired by probably every pro you meet

Meanwhile on /ic/:

>meh
>the only thing he has going for him is his line quality
>his construction and constant samefacing is average/intermediate level.

Youre a retard my friend, probably best to switch to another field right away since art is not for you, youre wasting your time here.
>>
>>2632713
No one likes rich kids
>since art is not for you
Give him >>2631535 same treatment like Wes got - and he will become your epic pro artist to. Every monkey can learn how to draw while being guided by other pros and teachers in atelier
>>
>>2631587
Rapoza taught Wes? Really? Sure you aren't thinking of Miles?
>>
>>2632905
You right. Their scetches looks very similar
>>
>>2632916
Except they dont at all.

Reinforces my theory that half of the motherfuckers in here are simply outright blind. What on earth are you even doing on this board if you cant tell the difference between Wes Burt and Miles.
>>
File: 432564365464.png (2MB, 1600x1138px)
432564365464.png
2MB, 1600x1138px
>>2633030
>What on earth are you even doing on this board if you cant tell the difference between Wes Burt and Miles.
Easy. I don't cares so much about your favorite celebs from epic artschools.
>>
>>2632773
>Every monkey can learn how to draw while being guided by other pros and teachers in atelier
then why don't you just quit then
>>
>>2631587
>>2631587

Sadly most succesful people in Art are rich. simple reason is survival of the fittest.. they have more resources and time to train and make connections.

i have known maybe a handful of lower class citizens who make it.

i mean most don't brag about it but it's not hard to make out by the lifestyles... hell just look at that digital plein air thing that's happening in switzerland.. who can afford that? no one but the rich.. poor people have to become elite on thier own which is a lot harder before anyone willl even give them a glance.

so become elite anon. {s}
>>
>>2633041
Yeah man, fuck all this idiotic idolizing of 'art celebs'. Learn from old masters, practice from life and memory, pave your own way and style.
>>
>>2633041
well I don't either but their styles look very different. Perhaps all this anime had rendered you blind my man.
>>
Djurdjevic is a joke.

His art is pretty average and he's got some serious delusions, calling "his" Degenesis rpg "groundbreaking and genre-defining" when all it ever had was a small but loyal cult following.
He insults anyone who dares to critique his work, caused some massive drama and left Degenesis to pout for a couple years, tried to become a big shot at Marvel which didn't work out and now wants to revitalize his falling star with the Degenesis remake that he hyped up to 11 only to have it fall back into a coma.

I once met the actual Degenesis author, Christian Günther, and he's a pretty nice guy. It's a shame that Djurdjevic now spearheads Degenesis only to serve his ego.
>>
>>2633640
>Drama intensifies
Pls tell more.
So Marko is only the illustrator of degenesins?
I thought he was pretty popular with marvel. And that her project was going good and no in a coma lol
>>
>>2631357
i've never been impressed by this guy though, not even once.
>>
>>2633663
Get a hold of this faggot guys
>>
>>2633640
> serious delusions, calling "his" Degenesis rpg "groundbreaking and genre-defining"
Just sounds like a salesman advertising his product, really. Nothing out of the norm there.
>>
>>2633596
>anime
>>2633663
Same. His art is 2edgy for me. Especially degenesis.
>>
File: KARAKTER_Degenesis_Chroniclers.jpg (180KB, 970x683px) Image search: [Google]
KARAKTER_Degenesis_Chroniclers.jpg
180KB, 970x683px
>>2633648
Marko was only commissioned to do the art for degenesis back in 2004.
He had a falling out with the other people working on the project who wouldn't put up with his ego trips.
After he left they simply replaced him with other artists which didn't impact the quality at all. Pic related is by Henrik Bolle.

Then Degenesis came to a standstill due to the authors' personal life.

Then all of a sudden Djurdjevic comes back after no one heard of him for years and spearheads OMG SO PREMIUM Degenesis 2nd edition, made a huge fuss and two mediocre but expensive trailers promised more books, a comic series and boasted that they sold the movie rights and then nothing happened again.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.