[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I emulate the way Japanese artists draw lines Its a subtle

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: CoxqCllUEAEC1ok.jpg:large.jpg (66KB, 670x505px) Image search: [Google]
CoxqCllUEAEC1ok.jpg:large.jpg
66KB, 670x505px
How do I emulate the way Japanese artists draw lines
Its a subtle difference than how we do it in the west.
>>
>>2630603
You'll have to wait until we get a lot of advancements in trans surgery to the point that we can change peoples races.
It's in their samurai blood, and we can't even emulate it with our gaijin blood.
>>
>>2630603
Just do an lots and lots of crosshatching.
Simulate alot of your favorate mangaka.

I usually think their way of lining has to do with how much they learn to write with their symbols and influences from early manga.
>>
>>2630603
Look footage of manga page creations from good artists.
>>
>>2630910
I have huge problems with crosshatching,it always ends up looking like poorly doodled up lines separted from one another
>>
>>2631229
It's probably your muscles and brain not being used to the concept.

If you find the theory yourself behind the line placement, it just becomes a task of repetition. Don't be afraid to do some line exercises and use a ruler to get the general feel for the distance.
>>
>>2631229
Might be of interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-279TvNv1A
>>
>>2630603
The fuck are you even talking about? There's a difference in tools and media, with traditional Japanese art often using ink and brushes, but a general cultural difference in drawing a line sounds pretty retarded. If you think there's a difference, elaborate on it.
>>
>>2631498
Its hard to explain, but there a certain fineness in the kinds of lines they make for their art. Its usually a certain thickness and consistency that is noticably different than most western drawings.

Japanese:
>usually makes drawing in very thin short straight lines
>great consistency
>line thickness varies, but is usually symmetrical

America:
>wobbly or loose lines
>consistency varies or isn't taken into account all that important atleast during sketch phase
>line thickness also varies based on weight, but is usually VERY thick
>>
>>2631505
Post examples
>>
>>2630603
>>2631064
worked like a charm for me
you actually gain experience from it...
>>
>>2631588
Use common sense
>>
it's easy. when you look at your own drawings, just imagine they were drawn by a real life nipponese person and your weaboo goggles will make your lines take on a certain thickness and consistency that is noticeably different than most western drawings.

just a warning though, this effect might not work on non-weaboos. so if you want you work to be properly appreciated, it might be best to only show it to other weaboos, and to make sure to tell them that they are genuine chinese cartoons made by a real nip.
>>
>>2631730
Or maybe you could stop being an obstinate weeaboo and back up your theory / contribute to your own thread / show everyone what exactly you're attempting to describe
>>
Don't be ridiculous there are just as many shit japanese artist as american
>>
>>2631505
Is your the image in you OP meant to reflect the japanese perfection?
>>
Abuse the blur tool on paint tool sai
>>
I always figured it was related to how Japanese as a written language is extremely precise and fancy calligraphy is a part of the mandatory curriculum in Japanese elementary schools, so even regular normie japanese kids get practice with pretty and confident lines.

Western artists, especially those under 20, often lack the patience, discipline, and confidence that good lineart requires. Most of us can barely write the basic fucking alphabet legibly let alone take the time needed to draw a picture
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.