/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

favorite supplies? pic related, i can't find these pencils

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 19

File: correctmyass.jpg (47KB, 563x422px) Image search: [Google]
correctmyass.jpg
47KB, 563x422px
favorite supplies? pic related, i can't find these pencils anywhere anymore and i've just been sketching with the nubs i have left. i know they're often used for correcting things, but they're so smooth on just about any paper. plus they're just comfortable to hold.
>>
>>2630509
Aren't they just copy pencils? I use them for sketching sometimes, I like them too they are great for underdrawings. They sell them in every decent art store or stationery and in my experience they felt the same regardless of brand so I suggest you try different kinds.

Personally I love pic related. I like that they have some weight to them, are pretty sturdy and they're much cheaper than full metal mechanical pencils. I have .8,.5 and .35 and I have to say I love working with the .35 the most.

I really want to order one of those .2 mechanicals by pentel from china just to try it but they are a bit too expensive to justify such a purchase to myself. Especially since I have these rotrings that do pretty much everything I need.
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 500x500px
Pic related is absolutely great for sketching.

I don't need any other pencil, because F pencils have a tone range of roughly 2H to 4B. Brand is absolutely based.

I have tried many brands, but Lyra is the best. I have a couple in reserve, a couple in my desk + always travel with one.
>>
File: 67685.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
67685.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>2630948
They are, but I've tried a few different brands and these are very smooth and the whole pencil is shaped like a triangle, it makes them nice to hold. I'll probably cave and just purchase some others, lol.

Those look really nice! I might give them a whirl, I've honestly never tried anything less than .5mm, might have to try .35.

I haven't tried the pencil in the pic, but I really want to. Came across it because I'm shallow and very fond of that shade of pink, but the reviews say it's really smooth and I like feeling like I'm gliding because I dig figure drawing and handlettering.

>>2630955
I feel like I've tried this brand before, or at least seen it. You guys are going to make me buy new supplies, oh no.
>>
>>2631037
I have the pencil, been using it for several months, and it really is just a standard mechanical pencil, the rotating feature barely works because it only initiates when it first touches paper. Its hard to explain, but just get a pencil that works. Also the moon rune writing means nothing because the american version is available at walmart.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
I love pic related for sketching and general drawing. My previous one was 0.5/HB but I like 0.3/2B a lot more because of more fluid values and line weight if that makes sense. It also has a very nice weight and grip.

I also have a rotring 300 2mm clutch pencil which I like for gestures and practicing figure drawing and for using larger strokes.
>>
>>2631043
I live in a rural little shit hole, so I doubt our Walmart has that specific pencil, but good to know, thank you!

Has anyone tried these? I love using them for hand lettering and anything that requires bold colors without any dilution, but they sure the shit don't work as they suggest.
>>
>>2631043
>>2631037
The rotating ones are better for writing. When you art, sometimes you want to use the fat edge of the lead to make thicker lines, it's better to twist the pencil yourself as you need.
>>
>>2630509

they sell these at college bookstores
>>
File: 71594.jpg (75KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
71594.jpg
75KB, 600x400px
Learning to draw using pen and ink, so I want to become somewhat experienced with as many inking instruments as possible. I've gone through a couple of brands of technical pens and so far my favorite is the Uni-Pen in the pic. Got mine from Jet Pens and they feel like they have a little spring to them which is good since I'm pretty heavy handed.

Anyone here use brushes to ink? Been looking for one to try out.
>>
File: 20130314_2ff29a.jpg (21KB, 600x311px) Image search: [Google]
20130314_2ff29a.jpg
21KB, 600x311px
Daily reminder that Sailor pens are best pens.
>>
>>2631131
Try a small kolinsky round or designer's round, you can get something like a #2 Raphael for relatively cheap @ amazon.
>>
I just use a hb pencil you can find anywhere even near a school or sometimes college.

or get a pack at the store.
>>
>>2631180
dixon ticonderoga or GTFO

>>2631053
Mind of Watercolor and Owings Art on Youtube have decent reviews/demos on them if you wanna get more info about it
>>
File: 465342351.jpg (117KB, 800x678px) Image search: [Google]
465342351.jpg
117KB, 800x678px
my favourite supplies for traveling

sketch wallet
hi tec c coleto me
pentel pocket brush
rotring mechanical pencil
>>
>>2631047
>this
I would be lost without my rotring.
I chucked some blue micron lead in it, and it's pretty great for any drafting or sketching.
>>
>>2630948
I use this at the moment but I don't like to round shape since I like the edge when drawing on just one side of the pencil and I have to always pay attention to the tip, so I bough some triangle shaped ones from amazon hoping it will improve my grip, something like this >>2631037 but without the rotating feature ofcourse

I am now waiting on it to come tho
>>
>>2631474
also waiting on some 4B 0.5mm leads since I like black lines and couldn't find at my local shops

if there are any pens with draw as smooth as pencils without having to worry for smudges let me know
>>
File: 3790.jpg (169KB, 488x488px) Image search: [Google]
3790.jpg
169KB, 488x488px
Best. Ink. Ever. Period.

Little overpriced from where I live, but totally worths the money.
>>
File: 30866.jpg (28KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
30866.jpg
28KB, 600x400px
>>2631601
Nah.
>>
am i pleb?

stadetler mars
pentel graphgear 500
sakura micron
pentel brush pen
conete 1710
>>
>>2631613
kek, shit label. good ink. desu f,am
>>
File: PRODUCT_PRO.23242_KAV.8.jpg (162KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PRODUCT_PRO.23242_KAV.8.jpg
162KB, 1000x1000px
those fine pencils
>>
File: favorite_drawing_tools.jpg (169KB, 979x1000px) Image search: [Google]
favorite_drawing_tools.jpg
169KB, 979x1000px
These are my favorites in each category. The P209 has 2B Pentel Ain Stein lead in it, and I use it more than the rest of my pencils combined. I use the 0.7mm Zebra the most out of all my pens.
>>
>>2631601
>>2631613
In the states, a really good cheap alternative is Dick Blick Black Cat ink. Not as black as Deleter 4, but does its job well (was expecting it to gray out completely when I first used it). Also really marker & water resistant. 3oz is the best deal, under $4 USD.
>>
File: sf49500-1.jpg (31KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
sf49500-1.jpg
31KB, 640x640px
Better than sex.
>>
>>2631047
I wanted to get this one but I bought the 3 tikkys which combined cost me a quarter of the price of 600. They aren't as cool and comfortable but they work great and I'm a poor fuck.
>>
I need to spread the word.
>>
>>2631047
My nigga. Rotring 600 is a beast, love the extra weight. Has a really nice balance.
>>
File: 13633.jpg (37KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
13633.jpg
37KB, 600x400px
>>2631601
This is pretty good, I plan to use what I have left with my Speedball nibs. Just recently I got this Kuretake Black Manga Ink to use with my japanese nibs and it is great. Only drawback is that it cant handle copics (unless it needs to REALLY dry for a long time), but luckily I wont be tackling color anytime soon. Looking to try this>>2631613 out next actually
>>
>>2631900
I tried filling an empty (regular) waterbrush with some pigment ink that are fountain pen safe, and that shit got clogged to hell. do you have any alternatives or would the ones prefilled with inks be better to try with once emptied?

Or should I just try with a different brand altogether?
>>
>>2632003
>waterbrush with some pigment ink
I think you can figure out why its not working yourself, The inside is for water, not for ink. Just get an ink brush and dip it imo.
>>
>>2632012
>The inside is for water, not for ink.
Pentel sells their waterbrushes prefilled with ink. The post he replied to shows one.

>>2632003
I used some carbon fountain pen ink in my medium Aquash for a while and it worked fine. It wasn't nearly as black as Pentel's stock pigmented ink. There's a little plastic piece that sits above the water intake that can sometimes slide down and stop the pen from flowing. You can gently push it up with a paperclip or just disassemble it.

I currently have that pen filled with India ink as a torture test. I know that should eventually clog it, but so far it hasn't. Their black pigmented color brush has much blacker ink, though, so I hardly ever use the India ink one. Pentel brush pen ink performs very well, but I've wanting to see how it compares to something like Platinum Carbon Black. Don't have any right now, though.
>>
>>2632027
I'll check out the inside of the brush sometime when I'm able to get another Pentel brush at least, thanks anon!

>>2632012
I've had cheap as shit fine nib fountain pens sit around unused for weeks with the same ink (which is apparently a big no-no to FP freaks). They're still working as good when it was first filled up, so I don't think it's 100% the fault of the ink this time. Of course, it ain't completely ruled out either.
>>
File: 1465824413413.gif (451KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1465824413413.gif
451KB, 720x404px
>>2632027
>Pentel sells their waterbrushes prefilled with ink. The post he replied to shows one.

thats weird, but good to know.
>>
>>2632003
I have 3 waterbrushes from different brands (Sakura, Pentel and Caran d'Ache), all filled with different inks for months and none have clogged. Anything fountain pen safe shouldn't be a problem at all. What inks are you using?
>>
>>2632069
Sailor Storia inks with some tap water for a light wash (really bad hard water area, but I don't think it's really that much of an issue) added to the waterbrush in question. As mentioned above it was doing ok in other things for a while. I did test the exact same ink used in the waterbrush in a few different FPs & had no trouble with those.

I know hard water tap & cleaning fountain pens is generally a bad idea, but it shouldn't fuck around with a waterbrush like that. Aside from that, the pigment ink, and a generally fucked up brush, that's all I got from culprits, aside from me fucking something up in the process.

I've seen videos of people filling cheaper brushes up with fuckin' fine glitter & floor wax to make bootleg Wink of Stellas, so I just don't get it. I'm gonna try to not fuss that much over it.
>>
>>2632027

I refill my Pentel Pocket Brush with Noodler's Heart of Darkness and it's really dark, as dark as whatever it comes with and other Kuretake brush pen.
>>
>>2631188
i have a lot of those.
>>
File: mgps-17981-set.jpg (79KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
mgps-17981-set.jpg
79KB, 640x640px
I love all things Dr Martins but these in particular are amazing.
>>
>>2631900
My nigga, my only gripe is that the first one I bought had a busted brush and leaked everywhere when I filled it
>>
>>2632721
Their copperplate gold ink is amazing, so are most of the Bombay inks
>>
What are some decent, affordable tools I should get as a beginner?
>>
>>2633232
Depends on what type of drawing you're looking to do. For just drawing I'd stick with:
-soft drawing pencils around 2b-4b, Prismacolor Ebony pencils are cheap and have big cores
-0.5mm fiber-tip pens. Something like: https://www.amazon.com/Sakura-50039-6-Piece-Micron-08-0-50mm/dp/B00K3KRQM2/ but brand doesn't matter very much
-cheap ballpoint pens
-the cheapest printer paper you can find
-some decent drawing paper with a little tooth to it for longer pencil drawings
>>
File: paintme.jpg (12KB, 881x332px) Image search: [Google]
paintme.jpg
12KB, 881x332px
Yo, I recently started using these to step up my makeup game and have been interested in seeing if I could find paint brushes angled like this as well.

Does anyone know what would look for to find this type of brush as a paint brush annnnd has anyone used a brush like this before with painting? Loved the control it gives for eye make-up, feel it would translate well with meticulous details too.
>>
>>2635127
Well.

Googled "bent paint brush" on a whim and got what I was looking for. Second question still stands.
>>
>>2635127
I've seen this in large brushes used for painting the corners of walls, woodwork, etc. It seems highly impractical as far as actual art on a flat surface goes. All it would do is limit the angles your brush is usable at and the ways you can grip it. It would give you less control, not more.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.