[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a decent tablet for starting out? https://www.amazon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

File: 710HAtEZ7lL._SL1500_.jpg (104KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
710HAtEZ7lL._SL1500_.jpg
104KB, 1500x1500px
Is this a decent tablet for starting out?
https://www.amazon.com/Huion-Wireless-Graphic-Drawing-Surface/dp/B01CYCOYSU
>>
pls respnd ;_;
>>
>>2630230
I don't have personal experience, but unless you have a shitload of money to waste on wacom, I'd say yes. It's a tablet with the best price/performance ratio and gets lots of praise on /ic/.
>>
>>2630230
Yes. As the other anon said, if you don't have the budget for a Wacom Intous Pro, then this is the second-best thing, apparently.
>>
File: cute game.jpg (447KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cute game.jpg
447KB, 1280x720px
>>2630268
>>2630275
Thanks, anons. I'll see if I can get it.
>>
If you want a great tablet on a budget see if you can find an intuos 3, I got my 9x12 for $100 usd last year.
>>
Huion's got good tablets. They still use UC Logic digitizers, which are all around super accurate with somewhat of a better feel than Wacom.

I drew this with my Yiynova msp19, which also uses the same components. I'd imagine they're more improved now, since mine is 3 years old now.

Downside is that drivers can be a bit of a pain to set up.
Also not so sure about that wireless stuff.
>>
File: frogquestionmark.png (172KB, 427x593px) Image search: [Google]
frogquestionmark.png
172KB, 427x593px
>>2631172
Sorry forgot image.
>>
>Huion
kek
dont take your chances with Chink products
>>
>>2630230
How is drawing on a screenless tablet? Is it hard?
>>
>>2630331
That's the Intuos 3 "Large" right? Good deal; a lot less hotkeys than current gen tablets though.

>>2630230
After passing on the first Giano I bought to a trad artist friend I decided to buy another one. It's the best tablet out there besides the Intuos Pro Large, and is actually better than it in some ways (more compact overall size, bigger active area etc.). A lot of the flaws are mostly superficial.

The pen has to be charged once in a great while (people sometimes forget this and think the pen's broke lmoa)

Pen has no "tilt"

Can't press buttons on pen and draw at the same time.

The hotkeys are made of some shiny shit that looks absolutely disgusting when pressed due to the fingerprints showing like hell

Has to be turned "on" to charge its internal battery for wireless (wtf)

Pretty much it as far as its cons goes.

>>2631179

Not really, it might be best to go into it having developed your manual dexterity using a traditional medium to some degree beforehand, though.
>>
>>2630275
Is it really? What about the intous draw or art?
>>
>>2631175
>tfw not sure if this is a meme or not
I-is Huion really that bad, the Giano shill talks to me all the time and I don't know man.
>>
Might as well get second hand wacom for same price
>>
>>2631191

> need to charge pen
> no tilt
> can't press buttons while drawing

'superficial flaws'
>>
>>2630230
It's bretty gud, especially for the price.
>>
>>2631293
More like in comparison to Intuos
>>
>>2630268
don't forget second hand is a thing btw
>>
>>2631293
Yes, mostly superficial flaws-with some advantages of its own. This thing is only a little over a third the cost of the Wacom model that it's most directly competing with. It has a better drawing surface (if you buy an Intuos I recommend a $10 surface cover to protect your nibs), a larger drawing surface and wireless functionality out of the box. It does have a handful of "pitfalls" in exchange.

>need to charge pen

The pen is charged in like a half hour and lasts a ridiculously long time; you can put the charging cable in your pen's butthole while you eat breakfast or something and it's guaranteed to work the rest of the day. It's only a problem if you forget to charge it like a week in a row and you throw it in the trash because you think it's broke or something.

>tilt

You can set brushes to change their shape/direction or whatever based on the direction of the stroke you're making in most software, which is functionally similar to mechanical pen tilt. Tilt is a nice feature for some of those asymmetrical brushes, but it's definitely not a necessity.

>can't press buttons while drawing

You can press and hold the hotkeys on the tablet itself, just not the buttons on the pen so you are limited to "toggles". For example I use one button to alternate between my monitors and one to right click. I know some people like to use the hand tool or color picker so that is something of a bummer if that's how you do it.

>speaking of hotkeys

The Intuos models have 8 hotkeys and the Giano has 12, however with the Intuos "Touch Ring" they basically have the equivalent of 16 so that's another slight disadvantage.
>>
>>2633027

Can you fucking stop posting that reaction image God damn.
>>
>>2633029
Rude. I don't post it that much.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.