[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shaky hands people, how do you draw straight lines? Pic related

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: shaky..png (89KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shaky..png
89KB, 1000x1000px
Shaky hands people, how do you draw straight lines?

Pic related is when I try to do things freehand, normally I'll just use the krita stabilizer when I do line art. It's not a problem for doing shading and sketches since I can do short strokes,
>>
Peter Han would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>2624424
Draw from the shoulder with a locked wrist. Rotate your canvas to an angle where the line is comfortable to draw. Use digital aids that let you stroke along a path but still vary the lineweight. Check to make sure your drivers aren't making things harder. Also >>2624433
>>
File: skull.png (174KB, 1613x1516px) Image search: [Google]
skull.png
174KB, 1613x1516px
Locking the wrist seems to help.
>>
Don't be too harsh on yourself, I'm able to draw perfectly straight lines on paper but struggle doing them with the tablet. So just use a stabilizer.
>>
Don't be slow as fuck when you draw lines.
It should take less than a second to make an accurate, freehand straight line.
Put two points on a paper. Not super far apart, like 5 inches.
Place your pen on one point. Then look at the second point. Without taking your eyes off of the point, draw a line to the second point. Do this in a quick-sweeping motion using your shoulder.
Did you miss? Try it again with the same points. Did you hit the point? Nice now do it again with a different set of points. And keep comparing your lines to a ruler or some straight edge. Once you start getting comfortable: in quick succession make several parallel lines. If you do this exercise right, you'll be drawing confident lines in no time.

The faster your arm moves, the less time there is to make mistakes. Unless you have a legit disability like parkinsons.

The same mentality is used for cirlces, ellipses, hatching etc.
>>
>>2624817
Shit I didn't see that it was a tablet problem. I need to learn to read.

Anyway, when comic inkers ink pencil work, they're using a brush. Brushes are kind of the 'stabilizer' you would use in sai or krita. So just set it to a good enough value to make confident strokes.
>>
File: 1398967873536.jpg (18KB, 490x326px) Image search: [Google]
1398967873536.jpg
18KB, 490x326px
>>2624424
Do a pen and/or ink drawing book. It helps a lot.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.