[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People here have said that you can "learn the smart way,"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: vinny.jpg (211KB, 2190x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vinny.jpg
211KB, 2190x1200px
People here have said that you can "learn the smart way," and yet they never describe what it entails. I've learned everything I know through repetition and mileage, and most artists who've made it tend to recommend this. What is the "smart" way to study?
>>
>>2622631
depends on what you want really
i guess step one is knowing what you want out of art
>>
Be goal oriented and conscious of what and why you're doing it instead of mindlessly drawing a million gestures because Proko said so
>>
>>2622655
Post your work
>>
>>2622641
i guess to elaborate on that after it's been stewing in my mind, i think what people mean when they say "learn smart" is that you should have a goal in your head of what you want to do/get better at and work towards that instead of aimlessly doodling things that are in your comfort zone and getting confused as to why you seem to struggle with things you're not familiar with.
tho many of them can't seem to see the forest for the trees and get caught up in some never ending improvement cycle, never seeming to actually make anything other than studies or caustically attack people who they perceive to be "not progressing" when for all we know they've either already achieved the level of skill that they wanted or they've improved in ways that aren't readily apparently from a visual standpoint (maybe they've gotten faster or more confident in their strokes, instead of erasing a billion things or having to do boatloads of construction they can just draw straight forward, etc, etc.)
>>
File: ca.jpg (329KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
ca.jpg
329KB, 2048x1536px
>>2622657
>>
>>2622677
OP here, thanks for showing Proko's royal guard that people here actually create art.
>>
>>2622679
I was going to post a response to >>2622631
but you sound like a fag and a cunt just from this post.
>>
>>2622631
>Don't get stuck.
Constantly move and evolve, explore the craft with a curious mind.
>Analyze your mistakes.
Whenever something looks a bit off, analyze that shit. Correct it by doing a redraw and then one from a different angle to make sure you understand it.
>Persistance is everything.
Work steadily every day, instead of burning out once a week.
>Socialize.
Discuss, give and get critiques, explore other artists for what makes their work look good. Find an idol and analyze what makes them better than you. Deconstruct that into manageable goals and get to work.

I believe in you, anon.
>>
>>2622685
I am just happy to see someone actually respond to a "post you work" reply. I don't see why you are so upset with me.
>>
>>2622687
Thanks anon, I'll make this my wallpaper.
>>
Seek out good teaching material. Reevaluate where you're headed with your art every now and then. Step outside of your comfort zone. Put yourself in a competitive environment. Be willing to majorly change your workflow to break out of your stagnation even if it will cause a big dip in quality for a while. Set goals and find ways of measuring your success. Apply what you've studied. Live, so you actually have something to express.
>>
>>2622687
Yes being curious and present in the process is big too.
>>
>>2622631
maximize amount of thing you learn from every single picture. Meaning evrytime you start drawing or painting either try somthing new or try to solidify your knowledge of something (for example hands). Basicaly start drawing with saying "now I'am gonna draw human figure with specific attention on hands/head/skintone" . But it must be more specific. You can't divide your focus on all different thing at time (but don't forget to exercise outting all the knowledge together, revise what you learn).
>>
>>2622919
I wanted to say "It must be more specific than "I want to get good""
>>
>>2622631
Have you considered that /ic/ doesn't know what they're talking about?
>>
>>2625668
You bumped the thread from the last page just to say this?
>>
>>2622685
Proko's royal guard seems very flustered today
>>
>>2625672
Have you considered that /ic/ doesn't know what they're talking about?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.