[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ssup /ic/ My first time here. I mostly draw animu. This is my

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: no bully plox.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
no bully plox.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Ssup /ic/
My first time here.
I mostly draw animu.
This is my third attempt at something realistic.
It's a WIP and I showed this to my sister.
She said I cant recognise who you're drawing and I lost all hope.
Today my friend came and said I should continue.
Is it worth continuing /ic/?
>pic related
>>
S Y M B O L
Y
M
B
O
L

D R A W I N G
R
A
W
I
N
G

also, sticky, beginner thread, loomis, kill yourself, etc. etc.
>>
>>2622379
>buzzwords
Symbol drawing isn't a huge issue here, shading needs work though
>>
>>2622399
As I said WIP
Will work on it
>>
>>2622379
while ops drawing is pretty flawed its not because of symbol drawing desu
stop using buzzwords that dont fit to pretend you are smarter than other people famalam
>>
>>2622379
This is why I hate /ic/. People just spout dumb meme words without even looking at the art.
>>
>>2622377
>3rd attempt

Yeah come back after 100 more
Nobody said it would be easy
>>
File: 1467871737890.jpg (40KB, 408x426px) Image search: [Google]
1467871737890.jpg
40KB, 408x426px
>>2622490
I didn't say it's easy either you nigger
>>
>>2622493
Then you wouldnt be here asking if its worth continuing and youd be drawing nigger

"Lost all hope"
Not gonna make it
>>
>>2622485
He's right you know.
>>
>>2622501
Lost hope for this piece.
Not on my skills
>>
>>2622509
Point is you wouldnt be here pityposting youd be drawing

You dont need to make your own thread go to the draw thread or the beginner thread
>>
>>2622509
then fucking draw more you waste of dickfeces
>>
Is it Jon Snow?
>>
>>2623329
Looks like it
>>
File: Muammar_al-Gaddafi-30112006.jpg (227KB, 976x1335px) Image search: [Google]
Muammar_al-Gaddafi-30112006.jpg
227KB, 976x1335px
>>2622377
quaddafi was a fucking cruel dictator op why do you want to portrait him. Do you portrait hitler kun next?
>>
>>2623371
thought it was gadaffi too
>>
File: 1467243282768.jpg (74KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
1467243282768.jpg
74KB, 599x563px
>>2622377
>She said I cant recognise who you're drawing and I lost all hope.
>Today my friend came and said I should continue.

the thing itself is no reason to not continue.
your emotional reaction to this kind of thing is altough.

when you want to get good at drawing/painting you need to have grim resolve and iron determination. a godzilla thick skin and the heart of a unicorn for the art.
>>
File: Kit Harrington's Dull Face.jpg (379KB, 900x813px) Image search: [Google]
Kit Harrington's Dull Face.jpg
379KB, 900x813px
>>
>>2623380
Doesn't really resemble like the subject, does it?
>>
>>2623380
No. Frog Jesus is not the answer.
>>
>>2623380
looks pretty bad, nose bro
>>
>>2622502
no he isn't
>>
>>2622377
from what country are you ?
>>
>>2623372
its actually jon from game of thrones right?
>>
>>2623689
It's Jon snow
>>
>>2623786
Kek, it DOES resemble Gadaffi a lot, but that retarded look Jon has... you sorta nailed it.
>>
It's always worth continuing. Even if it's shit you'll get much needed practice that you can apply to your later pieces which will be improved because you didn't quit every drawing early when you didn't feel like finishing it.
Fuck the haters.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1470229186556.jpg (130KB, 1332x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1470229186556.jpg
130KB, 1332x960px
Update
>>
>>2622377
nose and eyes seem to be out of alignment.

the eyes are rather good for a beginner. but something does still look off about them, maybe the re allignment will fix that who knows... they just kinds look to much like flat objects when they are meant to be spherical.

Very good job on the hair, but it looks like you are doing it the hard way (normal for a beginner) it actually looks quite good but their are easier and better looking ways of doing it... I think proko on youtube has a great video to explain that. lips look nice, beard looks decent although a little chicken scratchy like you semi guessed where the hairs would be and just flicked your pencil. I think the entire face ice white? cant really tell theirs a shadow on the paper... if that where the case his entire face must be a reflective surface, try applying an extremely light tone over the skin to enhance the highlights.

Overall just look at the fundamentals section of the sticky and work out what you wanna study... From the portrait im guessing you just wanna draw realistic fan art? in that case do a lot of life drawing, fundamentals of light shadow and form.
>>
>>2626047
Thanks anon.
Of all my time on 4chan shitposting , this is the first serious reply I got
>>
>>2622509

>Not my skills

lol
>>
>>2626020
>turd polishing
>>
>>2626020
>signing shit drawings
loomis, sticky
the construction is shit (mouth and chin not even aligned with the rest, eyes a little off), the shading is shit and makes no sense, just random patches of values, the hair shading is shit and doesnt show any form, same with the coat, the perspective is shit (side plane of the head is way too long for that angle).
your observational skills are better than the average beginner but you still need to work on the fundamentals a lot
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.