[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, don't think of this as a demand or a challenge, but

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: DenebB.jpg (598KB, 2550x3609px) Image search: [Google]
DenebB.jpg
598KB, 2550x3609px
Okay, don't think of this as a demand or a challenge, but I would really like an actual (or former) art student to teach me what they know. I liked the spirit of that LAB tutorial thread, and I want the /ic/ community to have something like that.

Could someone teach me about painting faces so I can get away from this anime-stuff I'm doing?
>>
Study facial relativity, and learn how to make a "comfortable" face.

It's all about features relative distances from each other.
>>
>>2622330
Buy a book and reading it you fucking retard, if you need people to shovel you information you're never going to get good.
>>
>>2622330
Loomis. Also I don't see any particular anime stuff in your picture.
>>
>>2622358
Do you have a resource or exercise you could point me at to study that?

>>2622446
Because I'm studying to get away from Anime. It's hard to unlearn your drawings, so it looks like garbage.
>>
ehh loomis?
even has an entire book dedicated to that.
>>2622446
this too, I think it's mostly the eyes, work in that. It is the only thing that seems more like anime (and the jaw maybe)
>>
>>2622456
Well, how exactly do you want your drawing to look like? "Anime" is a very generic term that can be applied to any face with slightly big eyes and simplified facial features the way many people on /ic/ use it. I take it you didn't want to do actual realism, otherwise you wouldn't have kept the big, stylized eyes
>>
>>2622462
I literally thought Loomis was just a meme, so I never actually sat down and did his studywork.

>>2622446
>>2622446
I take it as a relief that it doesn't look much like anime to you. It was one of those things that you can't get a read on by yourself.
>>
File: 1460256870981.jpg (332KB, 1000x1434px) Image search: [Google]
1460256870981.jpg
332KB, 1000x1434px
>>2622470
Pic Related is where I want to go; sort of a comic-book/digital coloring, but eventually reducing the lines.

I'm interested in unrealistic proportions with realistic detail.
>>
nice plagarism
>>
File: 1464638254558.png (181KB, 318x381px) Image search: [Google]
1464638254558.png
181KB, 318x381px
>>2622585
>>2622330
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2622585

I didn't know poses were patented.
>>
>>2622585
Pose reference. Overlap it and you'll see I referenced and didn't trace. Hyung Tae Kim is also someone I want to emulate.
>>
>>2622603
Please reference artists that understand anatomy and how to properly "break the rules" referencing from other artists will guarantee you picking up their bad habits if you want to reference from others at the very least reference from masters of old, or if you want to be in the new reference from Andrew Loomis.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.