[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you find "something" that is not

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: legendary.jpg (699KB, 3795x1670px) Image search: [Google]
legendary.jpg
699KB, 3795x1670px
What do you do when you find "something" that is not mentioned anywhere online or at least obscure enough that you dont see it mentioned anywhere, this "something" helps you cut times and create really good looking pieces... Do you apply it to your particular workflow and keep it to yourself forever or do you share it like in a tutorial for the recognition or even over here on a thread just to help like minded people? I only ask because of the zeen chin lab color thread from a couple weeks ago, it felt like people gathered and helped each other understand something that wasnt really explained or talked about. So, what do you do?
>>
I was one of the people who shared/researched info in that thread.
Normally, if I find something interesting, I love to share it with my art friends. Whether or not they find it useful, it's a way for me to feel a part of this collective artistic subconscious. It feels as though I've made an impact to the community, which is a feeling I don't experience often.

Some people don't feel this way and that's totally fine. When someone of this nature finds something that helps them, why should they tell someone else? Here's an example: Tim found a way to save 5 minutes in the morning. Tim wears tomorrow's outfit in bed while he sleeps. That way the next morning he can go on about his day faster. Tim tells Bob about his discovery but Bob responds by saying that he gets really hot at night and sleeps naked. Tim thought he was doing something good, but in reality it didn't matter. So the next time Tim finds something, he's less likely to tell Bob about it.

Hopefully that example makes sense.

Then there's "that guy" who keeps info to himself because "muh competition" or "finder's keepers"
That guy is an asshole, don't listen to him.
>>
I've said those things on /ic/ but the responses I always get are

>post your work
>lmao fuck fine art
>>painting in an illustration board

so it's the same
>>
>>2621985

Thank you very much for your input in that thread by the way
>>
I keep obscure shit that helps me to myself.
>>
There is no obscure shit that has any significant influence on the quality of your art. Anything that actually matters is part of the fundamentals. That Zeen Chin thread is the perfect example of that. Pure fundamentals, yet people managed to waste their time thinking up some retarded LAB coloring method that Zeen Chin doesn't even use himself.
>>
what thread?
>>
>>2622124
Kek, whatever you say anon
>>
>>2622124

I agree but also think that people have minds that works in different ways and therefore there are no one size fits all solutions/techniques. For example thinking about color ramps with hue/saturation shifts by geometrical models makes no sense to the way I think. I understand how it can work for some people but personally I get better results by feeling and involving my intellect less. So these threads can be either useless or beneficial depending on your personality.
>>
Obviously I share it. The whole process of getting better is just so much easier when you share your stuff with art friends, who also share their discoveries with you.
>>
I don't think I'm anywhere near a level where I should be telling people what to do. I don't know a lot of obscure things, and the things I do know, I don't understand well enough to explain.
That said, if someone asks how I did something, I'm happy to explain as well as I can, and/or direct them to the same place I learned. And I feel like writing tutorials is a really good way to examine your own technique for flaws and gaps in knowledge.
>>
>>2621962
>zeen chin lab color thread from a couple weeks ago

What was that about? Cant find it on warosu
>>
>>2622325

/ic/thread/2602036/how-do-i-zeen-chin
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.