[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats the general consensus on OCAD? specifically their drawing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: OCAD_University_Toronto.jpg (1MB, 2848x2136px) Image search: [Google]
OCAD_University_Toronto.jpg
1MB, 2848x2136px
Whats the general consensus on OCAD? specifically their drawing and painting program, is it worth going to and if not whats better in southern Ontario?
>>
I've only been inside there once and the hipster atmosphere was outright suffocating
>>
This is what their stairwell looks like, all the way down.
>>
File: CRcgMFAW0AAx0dk.jpg (67KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
CRcgMFAW0AAx0dk.jpg
67KB, 600x400px
>>2621819
image didnt post for some reason
>>
File: 1400533719672.gif (307KB, 220x236px) Image search: [Google]
1400533719672.gif
307KB, 220x236px
Some other options you could look into would be Sheridan College and Seneca@York. Most other options from, my own research, comes close to those horror stories you see about art 'education'.

No matter where you choose, should you choose one, you need be involved in your own education. Don't be one of those lazy students who only do the assignments and think they will improve. The classes move very quickly; the professors will teach you a principals and techniques and its up to you to apply them. Do the assignments, really take the lessons for a test drive and come back with questions the following class. The BIGGEST resource IS the professors, don't waste your opportunities.

I don't know much about OCAD, but I know when I was researching, the shit smear on canvas type art put me off. Both Seneca and Sheridan put a focus on life drawing. No matter what stream you choose, be it Fundamentals, Illustration, Animation, you will be doing drawing with a model for as long as you're there. I know both offer life drawing after hours for an additional model fee; you can draw a model everyday if you so please.

It really depends on what exactly you want out of the programs that should influence your decision. As far as I know OCAD, Sheridan and Seneca are your best options for studying domestically.
>>
File: Honk!.jpg (83KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
Honk!.jpg
83KB, 461x700px
>>2621722
It's like a giant gas station. I see tiny clown cars pulling up under it and a dozen clowns pour out to fill up their balloon animal dildos with helium before buttfucking each other in a floppy-shoed, red-nose honking, hipster suspenders-wearing, squeaky orgy.

Man, I wanna go to art skool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5sTBrs4fhQ
>>
>>2621722
It's not worth it. Been to several of their grad shows and they're all about postmodern stuff.

The illustration program's part of the grad show isn't a very strong showing either.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.