[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>drawing for anything less than 12 hours a day >making

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1461641999658.jpg (38KB, 346x335px) Image search: [Google]
1461641999658.jpg
38KB, 346x335px
>drawing for anything less than 12 hours a day
>making it
Pick one.

The pros are easily managing 20 hrs a day because of modern discoveries of the human body allowing people to sleep for a total of 4 hours a day. How do you expect to compete with your measly 4 hours a day?
>>
>>2620025
>The pros are easily managing 20 hrs a day

[Citation needed]
>>
>>2620025
>not being able to make progress in less than 12 hours a day

probably not going to make it in the first place.
>>
Not going to make it sempai
>>
File: 1460599480503.jpg (47KB, 590x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460599480503.jpg
47KB, 590x600px
>>
>being obsessed with the idea of "making it" or compulsively worrying about how much you're studying

make art if you enjoy it. That is all.
>>
>>2620025

hope that works out for you man
>>
>>2620025
>Not sleeping 8h/day
Ngmi
>>
>>2620025
There are like 15 Japs in the world who have aesthetically pleasing artwork and only 1 works 20 hour days.

As long as you put in 20+ hours of intensive work a week you will rise to 90% or more of your maximum talent level within 10 years. Highly focused work is worth 10x as much as scribbling shit on Adderall for 20 hours.
>>
I live off of my art and when I'm not working for a client I barely break the three hour mark (otherwise I work as much as needed, sometimes even pulling all-nighters without breaking a sweat). You can improve aspects of your art skills by just thinking and reading about them and some aspects are better developed that way anway. If you draw all day and don't live your life you'll end up technically well versed but technique alone doesn't make great art.
>>
>Have Carpal Tunnel and Tendinitis
>Whenever I draw for an extended period, I have to take an extended break
>Can never get anything done since my wrist is super sensitive
>Spend more hours reading and researching information rather than putting it into practice

I dunno man, I have two years left at art school and while I have improved (especially my painting skill) I am no where NEAR where I could be. And it's all because of this fucking wrist.

I'll make it homies, I'm not worried about that, it's just that I feel a little behind where I should be, is all.
>>
You can only focus with complete concentration and allow for it to absorb within a timeframe of 2 hours

anything more and youre wasting time

similarly to why no one practices sports all day for example.
>>
>>2620025
>draws for 20 hours a day
>1hr a day sponge walks in and draws perfect circle
>>
>>2620261
Damn. That sucks
>>
>>2620025
So, show us what more than 12 hours of work has managed to give you. Show us your results.
>>
>>2620025
does anyone have some pics of people before and after they started working 6+ hours days?
>>
>drawing 20 hrs a day to make a meager 30k a year
>ignore social life and health
>die early with no legacy but shit commercial art
>Don't go and get a normal job while doing personal art as a hobby, draw whatever the fuck you want
>>
>not drawing 23.5 hours a day
not gonna make it
>>
>>2620025
XDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>2620134
Who is talking about japs here? OP is talking about pros in general. Man this board is full of yellow fever.
>>
>>2620808
>not drawing 25 hours a day
ngmi
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.