[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /ic/ you guys are supposed to be "good at arting",

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (905KB, 596x2170px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
905KB, 596x2170px
Alright /ic/ you guys are supposed to be "good at arting", so tell me, which rendition of the Pokemon is better?
>>
>>2619736
Ehhhhh both renditions are good, its just a matter of opinion which you like better. I like the original art just because of the simplistic style... and nostalgia
>>
>>2619736
they both suck
why?
pillow shading
>>
>>2619752
hurr buzzwords
>>
>>2619756
are you saying thats not whats happening?
>>
>>2619736
Sugi's art leans more to simple shapes and curves. The updated ones seem to pull and warp the previous to fit in with the new style, rendering it further and giving it a bit more anatomical realism. Also the new art gives a better sense of action through interesting poses and foreshortening, the only attempt and anything action related from the old is marowak.

Id say it is improved, yes. the loss of the watercolory painterly look is saddening though, but the right size holds better identity and more varied poses

also fuck off genwunner
>>
>>2619780
First off, I'm a Hoennbabby. Lets be clear on that.

Second, apparently, these are draw by the same artist. So it's really just a matter of Sugi changing his own artstyle.
>>
>>2619788
huh. They all are sugi
the more you know.
then in that case, yes the right ones are much better
also you are lucky, hoenbabbies are one of the only other groups I relate to. Anyone who feels nostalgia for any game after that is an infant who needs to leave
>>
>>2619818
Kek. I remember my Emerald adventure like it was yesterday
>Was going to pick Treeko, but went with Mudkip for some reason
>Couldn't beat May on the route beneath cycling bridge for the life of me
>Had to catch a Gulpin and poison the shit out of her
>Flannery, Winnona and Juan's gyms were fucking trials just navigating
>Took on the E4 with nothing but Swampert, Rayquaza and Swallot
>Only ever got maybe one silver medal from the Battlefrontier
Good times. Good times.
>>
>>2619736
Sugimori's originals and their distinct watercolor style. Hands down.
>>
>>2619736
Objectively the right
Subjectively the left
>>
>>2619736

to be honest you can't really compare the two. I mean coming up with the original design and illustrating them for the "first" time isn't the same as redrawing an already existing concept in which you can take liberties afterward and adapt it to the times.

also, left, nostalgia obliges.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.