[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Newishfag to drawing here, I've always been inspired by

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Sweatguy.png (40KB, 340x443px) Image search: [Google]
Sweatguy.png
40KB, 340x443px
Newishfag to drawing here,
I've always been inspired by animation ever since I was a kid. I've always wanted to create a kid's cartoon like the ones I grew up with. How do you start your own cartoon and pitch it to networks?
>>
>>2619735
that is a desperate, dark path friend. Remember you can turn back here and have a good life now. But if you go too far into this, things change
>>
>>2619785
That made no sense.
>>
>>2619793
How about this;

you cut all ties to your family and friends
give up all prospects of having a future with another person
lock yourself away and don't ever stop practicing, focusing on fundimentals only
post your art online and pretend to be social
do this untill you can get in to an art school, or
do this until the 1 in a million chance anyone of value shows interest in your work
suck their dick and maybe they can get you in doing storyboards
work there for a few years, suck as much office dick as you can
then maybe you can get a cartoon of your own

this being said, if you are 18+ years old at this time, there's no hope for you. You are too old already
>>
>>2619735
>I've always been inspired by animation ever since I was a kid. I've always wanted to create a kid's cartoon like the ones I grew up with.

>the "ever since I was little"/"from a young age"/"since I was a child"/"I've always wanted/been fascinated by" cliche

we're not your job interviewer m8

actually, you probably don't want to pull that old cliche in a job interview

or anywhere really
>>
File: 013 wip.png (101KB, 891x516px) Image search: [Google]
013 wip.png
101KB, 891x516px
>>2619814
That's rather bleak, my friend. Perhaps I really am that '1-in-a-million' person, but I actually do know another person in my position, for example:

I was messaging another artist on Tumblr. I was telling them they should do game art or something. The discussion switched over to the fact that I was contacted by Aaron Horvath of 'Teen Titans Go!' to do a storyboard test. The person I was talking to told me that their friend was ALSO contacted for the same thing--but for Steven Universe. I think you'd be surprised about how -possible- it is to get into the field. Or to at least have a chance to prove yourself.

BUT the thing is, yeah, you're probably going to have to whore-out just a little bit. That means doing a little fan-art here and there, especially for big, successful shows. And make friends with your fellow artists to improve your chances of knowing somebody in the industry. I know about 10 other people who I'd love to help out if they do plan on entering the animation industry as well. Good thing we've stayed in contact, you know?

The best part is in the process of getting my storyboard test, I got in contact with a storyboarder from TTGO! that has moved on to Dreamworks since. They gave my info to a recruiter there. With all this in mind... just know how to work the system to your advantage, and you just might get that awesome break-in opportunity.
>>
>>2619814
I hope people don't sincerely believe this sort of thing.

Not having friends is the opposite of what you need to do to be successful. All you're going to do is turn yourself into a depressed husk with no contacts. I'd almost go as far as to say people just use it as an excuse for not having friends. "Oh I'm so dedicated to my art, that's why I'm alone, what a hard life I've chosen willingly."

now tell me I won't make it etc etc
>>
>>2619814
If you honestly believe this then the only person here with no hope is yourself. Stop being such a salty sailor that things in life don't come easy.
>>
>>2619894
you are that guy in the alt thread
>>
>>2619919
You won't make it etc etc
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.