[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /ic/, what's this style or genre of painting? Do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (130KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 1080x1349px
Hello, /ic/, what's this style or genre of painting?

Do you have any you could share? I really have a fondness for it.
Especially interested in ones of angels, gods, divinity and the like.
Although, more mundane ones would be appreciated as well, if you have any, please post them.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 400x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 400x409px
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 303x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 303x400px
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 400x384px
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 177x162px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 177x162px
>>
File: image.jpg (264KB, 1280x1054px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
264KB, 1280x1054px
>>
>>2618704
renaissance I think
>>
>>2618716
Nope
>>
>>2618745
it is
>>
Angels are not a genre or style, they're a subject.
>>
>>2618812
> What's the style/genre of this - I'm particularly interested in angels/the divine, but the more mundane will suffice

Literally what I wrote, you interpreted it wrong.
>>
>>2618704
The winged children aren't angels by the way (at least in the Hellenistic mythology paintings.) They're erotes/amorini.
>>
>>2618951
Cherubim/Seraphim, Cupid babies, agents of love, they have many names, they're still angels, though
>>
>>2618704
According to /ic it's probably kitsch :)
>>
>>2618954
No they aren't.

Cheribim and Seraphim are angels, but they aren't supposed to look like that.

But Eros/Cupid and the erotes/amorini are not angels.
>>
>>2618956
The general population is fine with just calling and associating them to angels.
What's wrong with that?
Not all angels look the same.
>>
>>2618964
>The general population is fine with LITERALLY THE HOLOCAUST and associating them to JEWS.
>What's wrong with that?
>>
>>2618975
The general population isn't/wasn't fine with the holocaust.
What the fuck are you even saying.
>>
>>2618955
kitsch
kiCH/Submit
noun
art, objects, or design considered to be in poor taste because of excessive garishness or sentimentality, but sometimes appreciated in an ironic or knowing way.
"the lava lamp is an example of sixties kitsch"
adjective
considered to be in poor taste but appreciated in an ironic or knowing way.
"the front room is stuffed with kitsch knickknacks, little glass and gilt ornaments"

is this a meme or...
>>
>>2618704
I'M BUMPING BECAUSE I HAVE THE SAME WANTS AS OP TBQH
>>
>>2618704
Romanticism. C'mon you fuckers can barely distinguish this?
>>
Romanticism/symbolism
Makes me think of the painting of Bouguereau https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William-Adolphe_Bouguereau
>>
>>2618964
>The general population is fine with just calling and associating them to angels.
>What's wrong with that?
>Not all angels look the same.

Because they aren't angels.

Your statement is idiotic, a mistake being common doesn't make it stop being a mistake.
>>
>>2618752
Renaissance was 1400s to 1500s. Examples posted are by William adolphe bouguereau, who lived during the 1800s.
>>
File: Eves-VS-Satan.jpg (2MB, 1615x2337px) Image search: [Google]
Eves-VS-Satan.jpg
2MB, 1615x2337px
>>2620241
Personally I like this painting of that one time that god made a bunch of Eve clones to do battle with Satan. I think it was called The Clone Wars in the bible.
>>
>>2618704
It's called academic art you noobs
>>
it's old anime
>>
>>2620312
Umm that's the Greek god pan... And those are nymphs.
>>
>>2620440
I think he's mocking 'muh erotes are angels if I say they are' anon.
>>
>>2620312

If this painting was turned into a live action movie the satyr should most definitely be played by Jon Bernthal
>>
>>2620841
The actual context of the painting or anon's Satan vs the army of Eves story?
>>
>>2620876

I'm talking about the likeness dummy
>>
>>2618951
i know them as putti
>>
>>2619888
No, Romanticism and Symbolism are less disciplined. Romanticism is a bastard version of the sublime as understood at the time, and Symbolism (the c19th movement) is a bastard form of allegory. There's some Romanticist elements although I don't think any of these artists would have considered themselves Romanticists, and they're certainly not what we would call Romanticists.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.