[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is it for you to just draw ? I feel it is the main reason

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

How easy is it for you to just draw ? I feel it is the main reason why some people appear talented. It seems to me certain people have a certain inclination to be able to draw continuously and at demand. I see pages of sketchbooks and I'm more impressed by the fact that the page is filled out by variations on the same subject than by its quality.

However as all skill I believe it can be trained, and so I ask you how do you approach that aspect of art ? What kind of routines do you use and for what purposes ?
>>
>>2614809
Just draw.
>>
Those people who can fill their sketchbooks with variations of the same thing and on demand can do so because they think 'through' their drawing.
They have to fulfill an objective. (the most important step)
Draw their research. (what material and texture will this be in, and how can I depict it? What camera do I use, what time of day, etc.)
Brainstorm ideas on paper
And do their first attempt on fulfilling that objective. (It may not be the right answer.)
The rest of the pages are their 2nd, 3rd, nth attempt on fulfilling that same objective, whether it be to design something or tell a story.
When you do it that way you'll be surprised by how fast a sketchbook will get filled. Sure, quite a number of pages won't be pretty but at least it has purpose. And if you know your basics like shape, form, perspective, your ideas will have clarity, which is the most important thing to have.
It may seem like a no brainer, but people who don't question the really basic work process stuff turn out to be scrubs in my opinion. 'Just Drawing' won't cut it.
>>
>>2615130
thank you for your insight. Having an objective and testing an idea are definitely beneficial to keep your mind flowing throughout a session. I believe there are many more aspects to it but it doesn't seem like it interests people so I'll leave it at that.
>>
File: CnV97PEVMAAwaC8.jpg (584KB, 1942x1942px) Image search: [Google]
CnV97PEVMAAwaC8.jpg
584KB, 1942x1942px
I draw everyday but I never want to draw until I start, then I'll usually fill in a page or two. It's less stressing for me to draw on a page with some doodles or drawings instead of an empty page. On days where I feel that I don't have any ideas, I usually pull out references from my Instagram, twitter or my hard drive. My advice is that you should make it a habit to draw everyday, even if it's for mere seconds, it's better than nothing. I have a streak going on that I refuse to break until the day I die. The first week is probably the hardest but in time you'll build a good habit.
>>
>>2614959
It's not "just". If you draw and don't use your brain, it doesn't matter how much you draw. There's a guy on DA that's done 4000 drawings (he numbered them all), and his earliest picture is the same in quality as his most recent.
>>
>>2616302

link?
>>
>>2616256
@Marekjarocki? For real? If so, I love your stuff man.
>>
>>2616317
Sorry for the confusion but that's not me.
>>
>>2616256
I've been drawing everyday for a few years but it's still hard to start every time and I feel like I'm missing something. I wanted to start drawing a little comic but I'm so stuck that I decided to step back and return to the bases. These last few days I found that following a stricter routine with well defined objectives help, I'll start with anatomy and push a little beyond my passive limit, then move on to themes I'd like get more experience with. Back when I started I found that working on a drawing that you'll end up posting on your DA/whatever was a very strong motivator (lately it doesn't help as much mostly because I find it hard to come up with the base idea).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.