[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /ic/ Thought this might be the place to ask this kinda question

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

Sup /ic/
Thought this might be the place to ask this kinda question since you guys have seen many pixels in your lifetime.

Is this a photobash? some guy is promoting his art all over the place and he's saying that it's a painting but I have my doubts.
Is there any way to figure out if it's a photobash or not?
>>
>>2614060
man those glasses are flat as fuck
>>
There seem to be a few very inconsistent parts so it probably is photobash
But I'm no expert
>>
Mei is [spoiler]fat[/spoiler]
>>
>>2614069
This anon is a newfag
>>
>>2614060
definitely, you can tell by the pixels.
>>
>>2614060
Yep, faces are painted over. The rest of the body seems to be legitimate. which just makes it look really weird.
>>
File: ic_tier_bane_drawing.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ic_tier_bane_drawing.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>>2614060
>>
It is very clearly paintover of a computer generated image.

and yes, it is still technically art. no rules, only tools. Get over it.

The trade off is that trained eyes will never enjoy it as much as a good traditional piece, or even a more careful paintover.
>>
>>2614102
Why get into art if you want live by "no rules, just tools"
Politics or business would be much better
>>
File: a_half-assed_attempt_was_made.png (22KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
a_half-assed_attempt_was_made.png
22KB, 250x238px
>>2614102
Yeah, let's make an uncanny valley and inconsistent pic. why put some fucking effort into it.
>>
Helmet, hairpin and other elements are obviously rendered from fairly low-poly models. Look at the edges; that isn't clumsy line construction, it's CGI.

Face might be painted. It's easy as fuck to do a soft, neutral-expression, generic face. Equally possible it's some k-pop bitch with a filter over the top.

Hair and fur look kind of rendered, but could be painted, I guess. The bit down the right side of her face makes it obvious that at least some of this image has been collaged.

Glasses are cut-and-pasted on top of the hair. Oddly enough, the shadows of the glasses must have been painted on and are quite competently done. Whoever did it obviously understands how the line should fall over the form of the face, blend into the rest of the shadow and so on.

Overall, it seems like a combination of 3D, photobashing and a bit of painting done by someone with a fair bit of skill but in a hurry. It seems very 'professional' in that it is the kind of work I would expect from someone who does it as a job, working to a deadline, would churn out.

It's certainly not a purely painted piece and even if it was, it's generic, soft-focus, impress-the-casual, character standing around doing nothing shit.
>>
File: 1458493738893.png (82KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1458493738893.png
82KB, 250x250px
>>2614090
Y-you're a big guy... b-baka!
>>
You can see the random edge changes all over the image, of course it's photobashed as shit
>>
>>2614102
Please stop taking Vilppu's quote out of context and applying it to anything and everything.
>>
>>2614127
> It's easy as fuck to do a soft, neutral-expression, generic face

post work then
>>
>>2614060
3d + paint over
>>
>>2614127
this

plus the fur seems to have some brushes strokes added over the cg, you can see it at the edge, where there is a big shape with soft edges and a brush with high resolution over it

also the transition from the face to the hair and from the face to the fur is very in very soft edge

finally the edges of the hand are the biggest give away that it's a drawing over a 3d render
>>
File: Katana-nagai.jpg (80KB, 1024x800px) Image search: [Google]
Katana-nagai.jpg
80KB, 1024x800px
>>2614249
>great artists steel
>>
gee i dont know
>>
File: Easy Face 04.png (890KB, 750x1096px) Image search: [Google]
Easy Face 04.png
890KB, 750x1096px
>>2614278

Not quite as good as the one in OP's pic, but I think it demonstrates that even a low-skill guy like me can do a fairly polished face.
>>
>>2614549

Dunning-Kruger strikes again
>>
>>2614549

just fuck off please
>>
>>2614549
hahaha gtfo
>>
>>2614549
good enough for skyrim
>>
>>2614549
Your eyes still managed to be symbols, how?
>>
lmao he literally took a screenshot of mei in-game, grabbed a picture of some random chick, photoshopped the chicks head over mei then painted over it.
>>
>>2614953
it's the black lines
>>
>>2614107
Art isnt a bastion of creative valuation.

No matter who where or when you are, if you are a human surrounded by humans the only way to get ahead is by cutting throats. (Pun intended)
>>
>>2614549
>easy as fuck
kek
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.