[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know anyone irl who draws, so when I go around carrying

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (59KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 400x300px
I don't know anyone irl who draws, so when I go around carrying my sketchbook in front of people, I look like a weirdo. I'm not sure if it's because I draw or because I'm a silent autistic subhuman. Am I supposed to like act like a normie for a few months before drawing in the open? Is there anyway I can meet other artists even when I'm studying business in college?
>>
>>2610809
Helps if you have a bag to carry it in, if not just carry a small pocket sketchbook. Conceal your sketchbook if you dont want the normies getting uncomfortably close to your shoulder as if its a spectator sport
>>
>>2610812
Normies never get close to me. I pull out my sketchbook from my bag to draw, they look at me, and then turn their heads and carry on. One girl told me in a sort of annoyed voice, "Maybe you should draw guys". Sometimes I get normies that actually like my drawings and one even asked for a tumblr so far. But still, I'm always left out of conversations and generally ignored.

Which is why I'm not sure if it's because I draw or if I'm just a subhuman in general. I want artist friends because at least I could some how fit in.
>>
>>2610822
trust me, artist friends are not worth it most of the time. You will get discouraged by how shit they are or discouraged about how fucking pretentious they are. Finding a middle ground is quite hard.
>>
>>2610822
>One girl told me in a sort of annoyed voice, "Maybe you should draw guys"
lmao

you must be a creepy bastard
>>
>>2610822
Chill man. If you spotted a musician busking in the street, would you go up and talk to them?
But seriously. Are you only drawing the cute and beautiful girls?
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 880x1012px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 880x1012px
>>2610834
I just wished I had friends. I've always been the weird kid. No matter how much I try, normies always ignore me because of myself quiet personality and not knowing what to say. I don't think I'm ugly and I dress decently. Normies talk so fast and loud. It's impossible to get a word in.
>>2610841
>>2610854
Yes. Only anime girls so far.

Idk. I don't really care about having artist friends. It is just, a year ago, I met a Japanese girl who submitted artwork to pixiv and did cosplayed. And I lost her. And I don't know how to find another one. Some d/ic/k told me the best way is to just draw in your sketchbook a lot. But I draw in my sketchbook not for attention, but for dedication.

You guys probably think I'm a freak too.
>>
>>2610809
>autistic subhuman
>not realising that you're a demigod homo-superior
>>
>>2610862
>You guys probably think I'm a freak too.
Where do you think you are? 4chan's full of freaks and we hate everyone. No one wants to deal with your self pity here.

Stop putting yourself down and respect yourself if you want other people to do the same. Anxiety and low self-esteem are things you can deal with and overcome. See a therapist.
>>
>>2610862
It's probably because you're drawing anime girls. Try drawing other things that will make normies think you're sophisticated, like architecture and vehicles. I know what you're thinking, "how's that going to help me draw my waifu though?" Drawing those things will help improve your construction and perspective abilities while also giving you something normal to show.
>>
File: 1458855747852.jpg (20KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458855747852.jpg
20KB, 210x240px
>>2610862
>going outside
>only drawing anime girls
>not drawing from life

Literally what's the point of going outside if you're just going to draw anime?
>>
>>2610932
This.

OP, you're not just a freak with no friends. You're also a huge fucking retard.
>>
As soon as I read the OP I knew you were drawing manga. It's not that you're drawing in public that people find weird, it's that you're pulling out a sketchbook and drawing manga qts while in a conversational setting. People don't generally like the manga style, and it's taken as a sign that you're a huge nerd with weird interests. If you were in a cafe with friends and you picked up a sketchbook and started drawing the scene in front of you, coffee cups, tables, random people etc. that would more likely be seen as you just honing your skill as an artist, rather than you autistically drawing weird looking girls to satisfy your weird fetishes (in their eyes).
>>
>>2611208
This
>>
>>2610809
I know it must suck that school is out and you have no friends to spend the extra time with, but trust me when I say this: Nobody here cares. Nobody wants to hear your whiny shit.
>>
>>2610809
It's a bit weird to just carry a sketchbook in your hand everywhere. Maybe just become on of the people who always bring a bag with them, that's what I do. Buy a satchel, load it with your books and materials and there you go.
>>
>>2610862
You're not a freak, just hilariously naive. Next time keep a separate sketchbook for your cute anime girls and have one strictly for real life. The one for real life will bring you conversations and good interactions instead of scathing stares and comments, then when you're in the safety of your room you can bring out the anime sketchbook and go to town.
>>
You say 'subhuman' about yourself way too much

Also who the fuck carries a sketchbook around, even moreso to draw anime girls? God damn
>>
>>2610809
>Is there anyway I can meet other artists even when I'm studying business in college?

When I was at Uni for my CS degree, I met artists by going to an Art History class (without being authorized to be there, but the teacher never checked the students) and also by checking a comic-book which was published by students, since the authors were selling it themselves it was easy to introduce myself and talk.
Once you know a few people, it's easy to be introduced to others.

>>2610822
>One girl told me in a sort of annoyed voice, "Maybe you should draw guys".

You should have all kind of stuff in your sketchbook, and don't hesitate to show it if someone asks. Drawing anime girl kinda defeats the point of being outside.
That being said, martial arts taught me the most important thing about anxiety: if she can't kill you, she's nothing but a barking Chihuaha. You can safely ignore her and absolutely fucking nothing will happen.
Draw birds, draw trees, draw that bitch with a dog's head.

> Pic is done by Kim Jung Gi on a fan's book

No fuck should be given about art, ever. If girls can spit art through their vagina in the street, you should be able to handle a sketchbook.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.