[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do any of you keep all of your art? Even spanning years ago?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: david-christensen-c-beams.jpg (431KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
david-christensen-c-beams.jpg
431KB, 848x1200px
Do any of you keep all of your art? Even spanning years ago? I've gotten to the point where my entire closet is full of sketch books and the trunk of my car filled with giant sketchpads. So I ask you... do you ever throw tons of your old stuff away?
>>
>>2610205
I throw away halfassed doodle and bullshit but try to keep a good amount of art from each stage of my development. I have stuff from when i was like 6 still.
Probably a 2-3 boxes full
>>
>>2610205
I have about seven portfolios packed to the gills with old art. It's really good for me because when I don't have any ideas, I can go and flesh out old ones that I didn't have the skill for back then. At least for me the inspiration and ideas are worth keeping old sketchbooks, but make sure you flip through them once in a while unless the reason you are keeping them is for your children or some shit.
>>
I have all my sketchbooks still and even a few stacks of this weird spreadsheet kind of paper that my dad would bring me from his work so I wouldn't use up all of the printing paper. I throw away loose stuff but can't throw away sketchbooks, have milk crates of them in my parents storage.

It's fun to go through the real old shit and remember my teenage feelings and laugh at the awful chibis.
>>
>>2610205
scan them and throw the original away
>>
>>2610209
lucky m8.
Even when I was 6 I knew I was bad so I just threw all my shit away.
>>
>>2610205
No, but I keep a selection from earlier years, just so I have a something to look back on for nostalgia and keeping track of my process. More recent years I keep a lot more of, off course.
>>
I just threw out maybe 10 sketch books that I've used over the past year. They are a means to an end. If there was something in them I really wanted to save or show off I scan it in and ink it digitally.
>>
Why would you toss them? Seeing physical progress is the best feeling.
>>
>>2610205
For the first time I deleted a bunch of psds from a few years ago that I don't like anymore. Felt good. But otherwise no I've never knowingly thrown out any sketchbook or anything that wasn't just for a school assignment.
>>
>>2610205

>I just finished my first sketchbook
Am I still allowed to be beginner tier?, it took me a year
>>
>>2610718
>allowed
More like thats where you belong
>>
>>2610718

Post your sketchbook
>>
>>2610718
after 10 sketchbooks you'll maybe advance to the mediocre tier, maybe
>>
File: 1468979731325.jpg (44KB, 565x597px) Image search: [Google]
1468979731325.jpg
44KB, 565x597px
>>2611004
Implying someone who took an entire year to fill a sketchbook could finish 10 in his lifetime.

Was throwing away your sketchbook apart of your plan!
>>
>>2610718
>sketchbook
Try buying 500 sheets of copy paper and using all that up. It's cheap and you can easily toss out bad drawings so you avoid most of the psychological problems beginners face from not wanting to make bad drawings and having that paralyze them.
>>
Depends on how old they are to be honest. I'm 24 and have filled sketchbooks since before double digits. I'll keep the stuff I think is neat but the rest I've tossed, there is no point keeping tons of doodles and shit. If you really want to do that, scan them and then dump them imo.
>>
>>2611009
are you going to die in less than 10 years?
are you not going to learn and manage your time to finish a sketchbook in less than a year?
>>
>>2610228
Ive done this with all my old drawings
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.