[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone feel like once you reach a phase of "flow",

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 魚生-2015-02-05.png (540KB, 1000x946px) Image search: [Google]
魚生-2015-02-05.png
540KB, 1000x946px
Does anyone feel like once you reach a phase of "flow", you stop seeing your mistakes and become incredibly lazy? And then you take a look at your art 5 hours later and realize you just wasted all that time doing some real dumb shit

Is flow bad for you? How does one prevent it?
>>
Analyze the ways your being lazy and force yourself to not repeat those same bad habits.This is the only way
>>
This is why people say to flip your canvas. Make a hotkey, OP.
>>
File: 1446378976950.jpg (649KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446378976950.jpg
649KB, 1920x1200px
>>2609835
Even if I flip my canvas it feels like I lose the ability to percept mistakes the longer I keep going.

How do you guys manage to go 10 hours a day like this.
>>
>>2609773
Oh fuck yes... I'm not the only one
>>
Definetely man. I do all my best work/study first thing in the morning and then my focus slowly deteriorates throughout the day. I tried spending less time on net and just reading a book or something if I want to take a break just to keep my mind active
>>
>>2609955
Take breaks, get up and away from the computer, dont think about the image you're working on atm so that you can have a fresh look at it again after 30 mins. Sometimes I deliberately look at other images, browse artstation so that I can ban it away from my inner eye.
>>
Adderall is a hell of a drug
>>
>>2609992
I've found that when I take Adderall I'm really into drawing for awhile but then I start posting shit online and spend half an hour coming up with hashtags. Then I become really sociable for maybe a few hours, which is not ordinary for me, but suddenly become really disinterested in conversation at some point and I try to initiate sex with my girlfriend only to find that every ounce of blood in my body has been dedicated to providing a constant stream of dopamine to my brain and none is left for my penis. Then I crash and regret the whole day, but that's just my experience.
>>
>>2609773
No, it's the opposite. In the extremely unlikely event that I get into a "flow" state, everything just falls into place. I can see in and feel in three dimensions, and the mental image almost appears on paper so I can just trace the imaginary lines. However, I only get into this state a few times a years, and I have no idea how to replicate it.

Most of the time, drawing is just a painful grind. I can't muster any emotion or energy, and I just draw, correct and redraw over and over until give up. I simply lack the ability to see or feel on any level.
>>
>>2609992
>Take adderall
>Start typing up 5 paragraph long shitposts on 4chan instead of drawing
>>
File: 1467579067960.jpg (12KB, 251x241px) Image search: [Google]
1467579067960.jpg
12KB, 251x241px
>>2609992
>>2610187
>>2610280
tru...i don't know if adderall are that helpful for me anymore
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.