[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to bed thinking you're regressing and that you'll

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1465773485200.jpg (26KB, 619x491px) Image search: [Google]
1465773485200.jpg
26KB, 619x491px
>go to bed thinking you're regressing and that you'll never improve and you've wasted your time and all your dreams are for naught and that you gf is cheating
>wake up and your drawings actually look decent and you can see a lot of improvement and your gf made you some eggs

Why does this happen? It seems like a day or two of distance always makes me like my drawings more.
>>
>>2607717
It's the exact opposite for me and most people, I expect. Go to sleep thinking everything is awesome and wake up to some cringy crap.
>>
File: large.jpg (37KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
37KB, 500x563px
It's normal. Worrying is an important function for human beings. Try meditation to calm your mind.
>>
>go to bed depressed
>wake up depressed
>gets some ideas
>too lazy and depressed to do anything

Cry me a river.
>>
This is very common with a lot of things even outside of art. I think it's because by the time you're done with the drawing you're intimately familiar with every part of it, especially all of it's flaws. Since your eyes are likely ahead of your skill, you are very aware of every part of it that doesn't look good enough and it prevents you from seeing the bigger picture.

tl;dr: you can't unsee the flaws that an unbiased person wouldn't notice.
>>
Your perception of your skill at art probably generally depends more on your mood at the time than the actual quality of what you're drawing. Make sure you look after your health and happiness, it'll impact your pursuits in art.

It amazes me how I'll go through my old progress folder in a bad mood and all I'll see is how shitty I still am, and then on another day I'll go through it in a good mood and notice how far I've come.
>>
>gf
you lost me
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.