[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey are there better /ic/ related youtubers than Alphonso Du

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: alphonso_cross_hatching.jpg (69KB, 727x408px) Image search: [Google]
alphonso_cross_hatching.jpg
69KB, 727x408px
Hey are there better /ic/ related youtubers than Alphonso Dunn for learning?

He is extremely clear and talented. Wondering you any you follow anyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3INAHNlEWI
>>
Dude this guy has some good shit... doubt his book has any information you can't get on his youtube channel though.

These guys always try to wrap the same shit you can get for free into a book
>>
god this makes cross hatching look so easy. Wish he didn't just do pen and ink though. I gave up on that a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzeX84I-7OE
>>
>>2598201
Its main use i find is presenting the info his vids teach in order from beginner to advanced. If anything, it makes for a good companion to his videos.
>>
>>2598219
Huh, I guess that makes sense.

As long as there are actual examples instead of a bunch or paragraphs in description. I am really visual and some books ironically are not.
>>
proko is pretty good OP

definitely gets kind of annoying and is not as good of a teacher as Alphonso. But if you are more into drawing figure than 'things' than I recommend proko.

Proko does have some bullshit pay stuff though
>>
>>2598254

I do like Proko's gesture stuff, but Alphonso has some pretty good, if not brief gesture videos as well.

He has some sexy style too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb3ad2mA8y4
>>
>>2598242
At most its 40% writing, 60% drawings. Its one of the more open ended books, meaning it doesnt give exact instructions all the time, but enough direction so you dont wonder aimlessly.
>>
>>2598254
FWIW I bought the Proko anatomy series and it's great.

It still requires outside study but so far it's covered most areas of the torso in-depth including bones, muscles, insertion points, and how the muscle "falls" when natural vs flexed

His "bullshit" pay stuff is how he makes money to fund other free videos.

And IMO it's well worth the money, at least for the anatomy course.
>>
>>2598305
>>2598347

Have people on here bought every youtuber's premium stuff??

We need a thread on which premium content is good and which premium content is shit.

I want to know what to avoid. I am extremely skeptical and an asshole as is.
>>
bump for interest. I wonder if there are any good teachers on youtube
>>
>>2598201
You know, he could just stop making free videos, if that's how you're going to react
>>
>>2598356
Proko stuff is great. Do not get his portrait course it's kinda shitty... but the Figure course and the Anatomy course are both worth the money.

You can likely pirate the Proko Figure if you search hard enough. But the anatomy course is still being developed so if you want it now you'll have to pay. I think it's worth paying for both.

Do not buy anything from Society of Visual Storytelling. I got a couple and both were just so terrible.

I have something else too from Gumroad, don't remember who but it's about drawing from imagination. Wouldn't recommend.

Honestly Proko is the only premium content I actually practice on a day-to-day basis. It's the only stuff I've tried that I'd recommend to other artists.
>>
Mark Carder's channel: Draw mix paint

He painted a president. Can't remember if it was Clinton or Bush though.

The guys videos are great resources.
>>
>>2598199
Fuck I actually live close to where Alphonse teaches. If I had known about his classes and online learning for that matter, I wouldn't be in so much debt.
>>
>>2598199

Damn, his work's pretty based. Makes me want to go and buy a large bunch of Microns.
>>
I like KevinOilPainting, kind of similar to Bob Ross but he adds much more detail and has more creative and interesting angles/lighting/subjects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRUF_kTCfiU
>>
>>2598810
Carder's stuff is probably the best for the kind of painting likes doing (color match sight-size) on the 'tube, but he's clearly schilling. Can't hate though, he has a lot of free stuff.

Youtube sort of sucks for solid instruction. You're better off reading all the good books a few times.
>>
>>2599731

He uses a .5 like everyone else most of the time. If you don't want to spend a fortune, a .3, .5, .8, and a brush for filling large areas will cover most of your bases with pens.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.