[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a new tablet. Right now I've got an OLD, old Wacom

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: wacom_bamboo_1.jpg (71KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
wacom_bamboo_1.jpg
71KB, 800x535px
I need a new tablet. Right now I've got an OLD, old Wacom Bamboo, the original model. It's getting a bit cramped. Got it for like 30$ on clearance years ago.

Any experience with off-brand shit like Monoprice? I'm looking for a cheap (<60$) upgrade.
>>
>>2596035

I got a Huion 610, about in your price range and easily avaliable on Amazon. I like it!
>>
>>2596045
Sounds good, what OS and how are the features
>>
>>2596035
https://amzn.com/B012F1QD7A Huion - $60 USD

https://amzn.com/B00H4LAF9O Monoprice - $43 USD

Both knock-off brands I've had experience with until I finally bought a used intuos 5. Neither have the resolution of wacom brand intuos, but I doubt that's a serious problem. Features they lack that wacom has is pen tilt, touch, battery-free pens, wireless, and proper driver/software support. You'll have a hard time with drivers if you plug the tablet in without installing drivers from the official site. The only positive I give them is the cheap price for a much larger drawing space while maintaining the 2048 pressure levels, other than that you would be better off getting an old intuos

p.s. - Don't fall for the newer huion/monoprice tablets with the rechargeable stylus, they both made my lines have horrible jitter. That could just be my experience though
>>
Huion Giano ffs
>>
>>2596064
So just get an intuos? Or wacom in general?
>>
>>2596157
Get a Huion Giano fambalaya
>>
>>2596162
but chinese knock-off brand
>>
dont fall for the chinese tablet meme
>>
>>2596157
if you have the money and want a tablet for the long term, go for wacom. if you think you'll upgrade again in a few months/years maybe go for the off brands.
>>
>>2596157
If you can save up it's best to get either a medium bamboo/nu-intuos(Bamboo Create, Intuos Pen and Touch Medium, or Intuos Art Medium) or the medium previous generation intuos/current intuos pro. You can still get stuff done with the knock-offs though. I never found a use for touch, eraser pens, nor wireless capabilities. All you really need right now is the extra space and pressure, you'll be relieved whether it's chinese or not.
>>
>>2596035
I'd recommend Wacom's new Intuos Draw.

I wrote a review on my site about it:

https://www.artsartreviews.com/2016/05/25/wacom-intuos-draw-review/
>>
Awesome feedback, I'm looking at more reviews for the models you guys have suggested.

Last question:
How is the /ic/ board for regular art feedback?

Looking for a place to chill, post stuff, and get yelled at for being bad. As long as they're technically correct on why it's bad.
>>
>>2596669
Try out the Giano, buddy. It's basically a bigger H1060 which you gave a great review
>>
>>2596169
Literally no one that's talking shit about it has used it, except maybe that one guy whose only complaint is that it didn't fit his desk lmoa.
>>
>>2597301
...at least as far as I've seen on this board, I mean; I spam this shit in every tablet thread so get at me nigga
>>
>>2597296
He asked for something less than 60$.

While the Intuos Draw is 71$ I think 11$ extra isn't that bad for a good product.

I'd say the Giano is the best tablet Huion has put out in a while, however.
>>
>>2597305
>>2597296
OP here.

A bit over 60$ is fine, I'm skimming a couple more reviews of it now.

Still want to know
>>2597295
or am I better off going to subject-specific sites for getting actual art critiques.
>>
>>2597305
I was mostly just telling you because I'd like to hear your review (which I just noticed you've already done. My man!). That said, I'll never understand potentially gimping your ability to draw even slightly in exchange for a hundred, or even a couple hundred measly dollars. The Giano is practically a Cintiq for >$200. Save up if you have to OP ffs, it's hella worth it.
>>
>>2597303
Its shills that spam these huion tablets. They do the same on /g/
>>
>>2597756
I actually ended up buying a huion 1060 plus to see whether shit was fixed (when i tried the 610 2 years ago it would just not work with two montiors, as soon as i launched flash or photoshop it would just spaz out, had to return it to amazon).

To my surprise this new one works real well with multi monitors on my primary screen, no weird pen shooting across two screen glitches. Also photoshop/flash/toonboom recognize pressure sensitivity and everything. Only thing that doesn't work is SAI but sai is ancient as hell so i wasn't expecting much (although it does work with my regular intous wacom).

The fact that you have to charge your pen also kinda sucks as wacoms is induction based, but it's not a major issue since one charge lasts like 2 months.
>>
>>2597756
Wakike please. I shill the Giano proudly and I do it for free. I've used enough tablets to know that it's among the best (EASILY the best for the money). I'm tired of people falling for the Wacom meme tbhfam. I like Wacom (I use an Intuos Large rn) but frankly they have stagnated for a long time.
>>
>>2597932

Huion shit is good for the price but wacom still beats them with dependability and drivers.

I agree they have stagnated though, they really need the competition to bring prices down.
>>
>>2597953
I've had problems with many of the Wacom devices I've used (the drivers uninstalling themselves for no apparent reason, pressure sensitivity issues etc.) so I can't personally say how much more dependable they really are. Admittedly they certainly "feel" better built. Huion tablets generally seem quite a bit lighter than their Wacom counterparts by volume. That's totally superfluous psychological bullshit though, you can almost guarantee that it's just dead weight. My Intuos Large has a handful of advantages over the Giano (which I'd since gifted to a friend who's a better artist than me), but not $350 or so's worth that's for sure. I couldn't be more impressed with that thing.
>>
I've been using wacom bamboo for years, I don't feel the need to change and don't like to waste money, however I wonder how would be an intuos. I do use the sai stabilizer (low level) but I don't know if I could disable it if I got an inutos or if that has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>2597977

Never had issues with my wacom other than occasional line losing sensitivity but nothing compared to issues I've had with huion which I've had to struggle with to even get working in photoshop on some systems.

To a professional dependability can be worth thousands of dollars, but if you'r a hobbyist I agree huion is best value for money.
>>
>>2597822
>huion 1060 doesn't work wit SAI
JUST
>>
>>2597977
>things that never happened
You got 0.07 USD deposited into your account for that post im sure
>>
File: 1453498685979.jpg (511KB, 723x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1453498685979.jpg
511KB, 723x2160px
>>2598411
Nigga, I've owned a shit load of tablets (I made this image that shows the comparable size between the Intuos Medium, Large and Huion Giano for example). Wacom is not an infallible brand and you'd know that if you had any experience yourself.

With all the tablets I've used the one thing between them all that remained constant is that the bigger the difference in size between their active area and your monitor, the shittier your overall drawing experience is (that's not to say you couldn't hypothetically do good work on them). Other features are important, but ultimately of much less concern when it comes to drawing than how close this area replicates that of your monitor.

The Intuos Large is the best conventional tablet available-you couldn't convince me that they are any worse when it comes to pure drawing than even the most ostentatious Cintiq. However, the Huion Giano is a very close second. It really ought to be strongly considered as a first (and possibly last) tablet for anyone who's interested in taking this hobby even remotely seriously.
>>
>>2598771
...and to be honest I'm hesitant to even say the Intuos Large is the best available; I actually like the Giano's hotkeys better, and it's a bigger active area in a smaller overall footprint. Having to charge your stylus, the stylus feeling a little lighter weight and possibly not having tilt sensitivity (I literally don't remember if it has it or not) are its only real flaws. In many ways the cheap piece of shit really is the best you can do short of a Cintiq of some sort.
>>
File: 1468252919055.gif (143KB, 246x238px) Image search: [Google]
1468252919055.gif
143KB, 246x238px
>>2596169
CHINK
SHIT
GENERAL BABY
>>
Any good Windows drawing software out there that can accept both pen and touch simultaneously? Would be nice if I can rotate my paper without having to lift up my pen too much. I've tried Clip Studio Paint, Mischief and Photoshop but so far not doing great.
>>
>>2599356
PaintTool SAI, I think.
>>
File: Should I.jpg (126KB, 1054x532px) Image search: [Google]
Should I.jpg
126KB, 1054x532px
Should I? I'm really tempted to.
>>
What's the most recommended one for on-screen drawing?? Is the cintiq any good?
>>
>>2605493
cont.

And is the Surface Pro 4 good for drawing?
>>
>>2605495
nah only the early suface pros had the good digitizer tech. it was severely downgraded starting with 3, from what i remember
>>
>>2605455
bad viewing angles, maybe get the ips one
>>
>>2605455
if it isn't ips, don't bother
>>
>>2605493

Cintiq is the best by a landslide, it's just expensive

I've got the 13 and I can definitely recommend it if you've got a thousand bucks you can spend
>>
hi, i want to buy the Wacom Intuos Art Pen & Touch S which is 100 bucks for now. do these come with a pen on their own or not.
>>
>>2596035
>Right now I've got an OLD, old Wacom Bamboo, the original model
>OLD

Shit, that's the same as mine!
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.