[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will never design a Pokemon this good looking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (36KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
36KB, 265x300px
>you will never design a Pokemon this good looking

Why bother anymore....
>>
File: much better.png (60KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
much better.png
60KB, 265x300px
that design's pretty shit famalam
>>
>>2592816
>changing the knot in the bandanna to red
are you just intentionally being a dumbass or what
>>
>>2592819
>a fucking lizard wearing a bandana
those are the ears genius
and before you sperg out
>If it really was a bandana I redesigned to be the ears :^)

how could you possibly think a design with the focal point on the ass was a good idea
>>
>>2592826
>lizard
>ears
is their no end in sight to your idiocy

just so you know, it's name is salandit, as in salamander bandit.
>>
>>2592828
>yeah this wild lizard is born with clothes on and shit but ears? Nah thats so unrealistic.
>>
File: 250px-582Vanillite.png (48KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-582Vanillite.png
48KB, 250x250px
>>2592832
Its fucking pokemon! They have icecream pokemon for chists sake.
>>
>>2592816
>Completely misses the point and references in the designs
>Changes it to have random red at random points

I agree the tail is over-designed, but you are instantly killed the design
>>
File: uwot.jpg (41KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
41KB, 400x400px
>>2592854
psudo bodyparts aren't a new thing. Psuedo eyes are very common in the animal kingdom

>>2592845
that's the point. If a lizard can have a bandana it can definitely have ear-like protrusions.
>>
The Japanese man that created this creature for a childs video game is seriously lacking in artistic skill. NEXT.
>>
>>2592766
OC Donut Steel!
>>
>pokiman
The fuck am I, 12 or something?
>>
>>2592866
>>2592826
>those are the ears genius
>those are the ears
>If a lizard can have a bandana it can definitely have ear-like protrusions
>ear-like protrusions
>ear-like

i cant tell if this is bait or if you're just genuinely stupid

>i was only pretending to be retarded durr
>>
>>2592866
>original design had a bandanna to tie in with the bandit theme

>your design has ears for no fucking reason other than aesthetic appeal

You could have at least tried to explain the reasoning for adding ears. And no, "pseudo eyes/other parts" in other pokemon and nature is not an explanation. Fake eyes are for scaring predators, what the fuck are fake ears going to do? And in relation with the bandit theme?
>>
>>2592912
>age matters

yeah, prokomon is only fun for people with fresh neuroplasticity :^)
>>
>>2593738
It's obvious he just wanted fo simplify the design by removing a marking and putting the colors somewhere else.
>>
>>2592819
>>2592828
>>2593689
>>2593738
You are all motherfucking faggots. It doesn't matter if it has ears when "it shouldn't", it's not fucking real to begin with and two, if it was, pic related proves how fucking stupid you are, fucking bitch. Animals have always had different parts that look like they might not belong, but it does for adaptation. This is what I ask for all fans of post Gen 4 Pokemon, WHY the fuck does a lizard need to be based on something MAN MADE? No fucking animal ever wants to mimic human kind, we're fucking shit and pathetic for our proclaimed "intelligence". Especially trying to mimic a fucking bandit of all things, fucking pathetic.
>>
>>2594504
machoke
hitmonchan
hariyama
conkeldurr
cofagrigous
klefki
honedge
kilingklang

satoshi has been combining human like objects with pokemon since gen one and has no reason to stop

"Salandit may be a combination of salamander and bandit.
Yatōmori may be a combination of 夜盗 yatō (burglar) and 井守 imori (newt)."

you're an edgy retard that doesn't understand the premise of pokemon designs
>>
>>2594520
>machoke
>hitmonchan
>hariyama
I said MAN MADE things, not human body. For the latter parts, Machoke is a top of the line "body builder", I've always thought the champ belt was stupid looking, but at the time they didn't have any other way to represent "Champ" I guess. The Hitmons were based on top Karate masters, Jackie Chan and Rock Lee respectively. At least Lee was good enough, Chan having "clothes" and boxing gloves were a bit much but again, read above about Machoke. And Hariyama is a sumo wrestler, and for the most part, design wise looked ok as well, nothing outright man made objects other than the "gi" it kinda had. Themed based is one thing, but how much it uses them that goes so far to being actually human clothes always messed with me, specially when said Pokemon is nothing BUT man made things, like Klefki of all fucking things to use as a defense.
I liked when Pokemon aims for animals to look like ANIMALS, but like "Monsters in your pockets". I don't know why so many Pokemon now has so many connections to man when Pokemon at first was "mysterious creatures just discovered and unknown to humans".
>>
>>2594520
> you're an edgy retard that doesn't understand the premise of pokemon designs
And stop using "Edgy" as the fucking first defense again anything post Gen 5 designs of Pokemon. Every child ever uses this shit word to tell someone to fuck off when they hurt their feelings.
>>
File: Electrodes_title.jpg (65KB, 924x264px) Image search: [Google]
Electrodes_title.jpg
65KB, 924x264px
>>2594537
>>2594539
>the "I hate manmade things in my pokeymans" argument
Oh, you're one of those. You don't know anything about good design see; you just want cool dragons to stroke off to.
FYI look up the definition of a "monster" and cite where GF says pokemon are all based on animals. I'll wait.
>all that "muh opinion" on the fighting types
>>
>>2594537
cite the machoke bit :)
>>
>>2594572
I hate, HATE, Charizard though. Really overrated.
Now, fucking stop with the buzzwords, and tell me, what's YOUR favorite Pokemon design if you fucking know more than I do about "art design". No, in fact, do as the thread says and DRAW me a better design instead of shitposting.
>>
>>2592766
You have some pretty shit goals.
>>
>>2592854
>overdesigned
I will never understand this kneejerk reaction to GOOD designs. It's just a single stripe running down into a neat, simple, pattern on the back, and it's pretty effective at evoking a volcanic theme.

>>2592816
>removes all of the clear volcanic themed cues
>improvement

Quit character design now
>>
>>2594539
>No fucking animal ever wants to mimic human kind, we're fucking shit and pathetic for our proclaimed "intelligence"
>not edgy
>>
>>2592816
>>2592854

It's not over-designing when the elements serve to faster communicate what your character is about. That "redesign" may as well just be a charcoal lizard. Fire typing is obvious sure, but this is specifically a volcanic lizard. The pattern down the tail evokes flowing lava, which then associates the body with hardened lava. It also gives an impression of how this lizard would attempt to camouflage itself in its habitat.

Purple is a prominent colour among non-grass poison types in Pokémon, so that eye-color serves as a possible hint for people already used to the designs that this volcanic lizard might have some poison effectiveness.

I can't really think of any solid defense for the jagged teeth, other than its evocative of many "thorned" lizards who camouflage themselves in rocks and sand. Same for the "ears". People say bandit, but I would have been fine with the volcanic theming. The "ears" look nice though so I don't mind.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.