[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come people who finally git gud don't do anything worth

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: REPIN_Ivan_Terrible&Ivan[1].jpg (837KB, 2992x2328px) Image search: [Google]
REPIN_Ivan_Terrible&Ivan[1].jpg
837KB, 2992x2328px
How come people who finally git gud don't do anything worth while with their skill (imo atleast)? I look at online artists like sinix or people like feng and, while they're skilled, they don't really do anything, they don't really produce any content or tell stories or make people feel emotions. They don't create stuff aside from samey landscapes or cute girls. They've obviously worked hard to git gud but it seems to me like a lot of people just git gud to git gud and don't really want to do anything with the skill they've worked so hard to acquire. I see a kinda similar attitude on /ic/ where people just want to get furry commissions or draw cute anime girls. Idk maybe I just have different goals and don't understand their viewpoint.

Do you think I'm being an unfair retard? What do you guys plan to do once you git gud?
>>
>>2589262
maybe because all their work goes into commercial projects, and most of that is internal work
>>
concept art and fanart are dead-ends
>>
>>2589262
NDA look it up.
>>
>>2589264
>>2589301
But that stuff is usually lifeless or boring. Don't they do personal work? Someone that comes to mind is Dave Rapoza who started doing the Steve lichman thing.
>>
>>2589326
If you have to design new cool shit literally everyday you'll probably go home and just doodle fanart and nice mountains too
>>
>>2589262
Probably because they find 70% of what they draw shit and don't post it online.
>>
>>2589262
But furry does make you feel things...
>>
Artists have different jobs but most work for studios or boring shit like ads and shit like that. Even if you could see their work it'd be really boring. I don't think most artists want to tell stories. Or even characters. They say that but never do it.
>>
Most of the things concept artists and such make, can't post on social media. Not to mention they nitpick their best work to show off.

All you read about "just a morning sketch" or something is actually really good, and they know it. What you don't see is a lot; there's so much, that you wouldn't be surprised why they're good.

Just don't stop working, and stop comparing yourself to people who did this 10+ years.
>>
>>2589262
lotta people truly are just in love with the process
or on the other end, for many it's just a skill that they were good out and a way to put bread on the table, or they like being part of a team and working together to create a whole

and of course there's many inbetween, not to mention people who may actually truly like the things that they make even if you consider them banal

also for all we kno they could be working on big personal projects that they never tell anyone about for any of a multitude of reasons
>>
>>2589262
They don't create anything interesting becuase they don't have any good ideas.

Getting "gud" and creating your own original interesting work are two different things and you have to practice both. It's a lot easier to get technically proficient at drawing wizards and orcs in cool compositions, working off a style guide or IP that dozens of other artists have already laid out, than it is to create something from nothing when you have to design everything and make it cool.

People creating ideas for games and movies work in teams and the image sthey create might not be a creation of their ideas alone. There's also a massive system of refinement and revisions that a people doing their own work probably wouldn't go through. (when I look at a lot of concept work often the first round of ideas are nowhere near as cool as the stuff later on down the line)

To be honest though not everyone has good ideas or a vision for creating original stuff, stories, original designs/characters. Hence artists who paint amazing images for companies but when you see their personal work it's just more of the same, boring Orc fighting armored knight #2351.
>>
File: irvine-2.jpg (160KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
irvine-2.jpg
160KB, 900x600px
>>2589262
They team up to produce movies you watch, videogames you play, books you read, music you listen to etc., which is where you can't see them as individuals but as entertainment studios.

But if you're worried about loosing the drive in the process of gitting gud, you should keep noting down all good concepts that come to your mind. Keep them and don't forget what made you start all this.
>>
>>2589469
>They say that but never do it.

this is what happens my friend

>be an artlet
>"I-I wanna make the best thing ever with amazing worlds and characters, and an awesome story with emotions1!"
>realize how much shit you have to learn to make 1% of what you envisioned.

there's quite a few options from here:

>Become autistic and exclusively pursue your project. Fuck life experiences, health, and hygiene.
(Kentaro Miura)

>Settle for a forgettable, stripped-down version of your passion project. It's not what you wanted, but who cares you did something with your life r-right? (Indie Game Dev)

>Make the project exactly how you want to, bit by bit over a century or so
(Yuumei)

>"it's too haaaard, I'll help someone else instead."
(Concept Art)

>Suck a lot of dicks to get the funding for your dream project.
(Entertainment Industry)

>Make the most amazin', god-tier, sample version, and whore it on Patreon, and Kickstarter. You're rich now. enjoy being a slave to your fandom forever. (Sakimichan)

>Make the most mainstream pile of Kitsch humanly possible... And slowly turn it into your dream project. (Adventure Time)

>Luck out and make something babies actually enjoy. Have it spread by word of youth and lead a cult of younguns who will buy anything you make.. Because nostalgia. (Disney)

>Go full spectrum and make a flawless masterpiece. Make sure everyone knows you're the creator. (Hideaki "Kojima" Anno)

If you don't collaborate, you're not making anything unless you're willing to become a hermit.
>>
>>2589728
neat
>>
>>2589262
that's not true tho
>>
>>2589728
Fucking
Capped
>>
>>2589262
>Git gud
Gitgud mentality is even more retarded than the people thinking talent is some kind of superpower. Artista that successfully delivered something to the watcher of they works have two common charateristics: 1) they put effort in giving something more than correct anatomy in their drawings and 2)don't give a fuck about being orthodox like people that come here does in some kind of desperate masturbatory ritual to feel less insecure about themselves.
I'm not pulling me apart from the mercwip legione since I'm too a captive of the fanart loop, but after some year I think I've got idea of what the pattern is.
>>
>>2589728
Collaboration is necessary for all major human achievements anon.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.