[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you have a patreon? When is it a good time to start

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 5296p7858_p0.jpg (2MB, 2031x2952px) Image search: [Google]
5296p7858_p0.jpg
2MB, 2031x2952px
How many of you have a patreon? When is it a good time to start one? How to avoid sitting on 50$ for an eternity? Is 800$ a month doable? I have no delusions of hitting 10k a month like some famous artists, but I'd be happy with 1k.

Worried I might just not be popular eonugh though.
>>
>>2582919
>Is 800$ a month doable?

HAACK WEEEZ HAAACK COUGH AH COUGH

In America, hell no.
>>
If you dont have a fanbase, you don't have any whales to give you gold.
>>
>>2582934
I think he's asking if some average nobody artist can get to $800 in patreon funds, rather than if someone can live off of $800.
>>
>>2582939

this
>>
Piper Thibodeau does $600/mo by just doing a daily painting very day. She(or he?) has done over 1000+ paintings so this is going on 2+ years now.

Piper's work is very digital so it's not even amazing. Not bad, but not amazing. No web comics or anything just one random painting a day.

So yeah if Piper can do $600/mo I'd like to think you could reach $800/mo. But it might take years and you'd actually need to offer something unique
>>
>>2583040

Consistency and patience is a big part of it, yes
>>
>When is it a good time to start one?
Can you consistently churning out content? then do so
>>
>>2582919
>>2583040
Yeah I think $800 is doable, but I think it's really about how you put yourself out there and how much work you actually put into it.

I've got zero experience with it myself beyond seeing friends' Patreons and just other people whose work I've followed, but I've seen loads fail to get any notice because they never bother to promote it or incentivize donating beyond making it a tip jar.

One person I follow manages around $800 a month or so with less than a hundred patrons just by doing a similar thing to Piper with one drawing or painting a day along with a speedpaint video of the piece and the PSD files for Patrons.

So long as you keep at it without killing yourself and can manage to promote it without coming across as overly desperate you should be able to get a decent chunk of change.
>>
>>2583040
LAS/DED champion before it even started
>>
>>2582919
Even if I was a smashing artist, I couldn't imagine relying on patreon for income. That's not the endgame of making art for me.
>>
>>2582934
holy fuck you're retarded
>>
Dude, you'll KNOW when and if you should start a patreon. Just start doing fanarts of characters and some cool OC shit and build up a fanbase. You NEED to do fanart if you're ever planning on getting found by random people.

So just start with that, afterwards you'll be free to just do what you want. But yeah I think if you're good you could get to $800. Just make sure to consistently upload art to build that fanbase.
>>
>>2583242
I want to make my own original IP, and give it away for free. At first I was thinking I'd have to do gimmicky shit like T-shirts and prints and random doodads, but Patreon seems like a much better solution to me.
>>
>>2582919
You have to draw hyperrealism
fuck off with your gay manga style
>>
>>2583305

that doesn't get you patreonbux
>>
>>2583277

I was only pretending.
>>
i get 500$ a month on mine, give or take. I draw sexy anime girls twice a month. i don't have a deviantart, so the only place to see my art is patreon.
>>
File: 1360214628343.png (5KB, 306x245px) Image search: [Google]
1360214628343.png
5KB, 306x245px
>>2582919

I am always thinking about starting one, but my country's law is against giving money to somebody without immediately receiving something back. It's some stupid old law against those illegal charity groups etc.

So i am thinking is there some way to circumvent this? Like mask it somehow that people are paying for my drawings and not the concept of me making drawings?
>>
>>2583784
How did you get notice on Patreon if you don't have DA then ?
>>
>>2583792
you can make a patreon that only gives you money when you release something

instead of saying "$x per month" it says "$x per artwork" or whatever you want
>>
>>2583792
When a person starts to give you money on Patreon, they get a reward you
choose , so they don't give money without anything back
>>
>>2583792
you can do a 'per ___' model, where patrons are charged everytime you post something. powfoo uses it.

anyways you don't need a fanbase to do patreon. the only thing a fanbase helps with is advertising, if you can advertise your works to the relevent people and get several hundreds in no time. i also have a theme for my patreon, so it's not totally random crap.

>>2583801
see above. honestly i think deviantart can hurt you because people will be so used to you giving away shit for free, so they'll become hostile to your attempts to charge and not show them free stuff.
>>
>>2582919

the sooner the better op. just do it.
>>
Who here /get paid/?

482$ this month.
>>
>>2584946

give proof.
>>
File: snip.png (71KB, 1686x396px) Image search: [Google]
snip.png
71KB, 1686x396px
>>2585188
last time i did someone accused me of editing the html or some shit, but here you go
>>
>>2585237

500$ 50+/- patrons. Very nice. That is 10$ a person. And here I though everyone was going only for 1$
>>
>>2585237
damn son, what are you drawing? furshit? nsfw-commissions?
do you have a blog, perhaps?
>>
>>2585478
anime girls

>do you have a blog, perhaps?
sorry no, /ic/ is needlessly hostile if they think you're even a centimetre ahead in the rat race.
>>
>>2585516
yeah, I know what you mean

I spent the last 30 minutes searching through patreon to find creators that somehwat match your payment, just to know how good they are

it's unbelievable how many bad artists make insane dollaroos with shitty fan-art, so I'm always interested in seeing talented anons getting their monthly shekels
>>
>>2585516
How many followers did you have when you made your patreon?
>>
>>2582919
well you will totally need to live in the country man. but it is doable.
>>
>>2586163
This is an important question! I'd be very curious to know this too.
>>
Doesn't doxy get paid 1100 per week plus another 1000 to go towards his game making?
>>
I made four dollars this month!!
>>
>>2582919
>realistic body
>weeb face
God, fucking animu faces ruin everything.
>>
File: lkjb.png (670KB, 658x548px) Image search: [Google]
lkjb.png
670KB, 658x548px
tons of people make hundreds-thousands of dollars on patreon, you just have to work hard and whore yourself out there.
>>
I can churn out a drawing a week at best.
guess patreon is not for me
>>
>>2586790
>implying that isn't anime tier body with probably long ass legs
>>
>>2586800

so what's best, pay for piece or by month
>>
>>2586908
By month
"By piece" looks untrustworthy. How many pieces each month?
>>
>>2586908
be piece is only done by popular artist. unless you're getting 2k+ a month idk why you'd do that
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.