[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dear /ic/, My fan brush turns into a toothless old lady when

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: WP_20160527_007.jpg (2MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160527_007.jpg
2MB, 1456x2592px
Dear /ic/,
My fan brush turns into a toothless old lady when I try to use it.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
>>
File: WP_20160527_008.jpg (2MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160527_008.jpg
2MB, 1456x2592px
This is what it turns into
>>
>>2538529
Aren't you supposed to keep the bristles dry? and then you just sort of tap/brush the canvas lightly with the tip of it to blend paint that is already down and isn't too thickly laid in.
>>
>>2538533
I don't really know, I've only seen Bob Ross use one of these to paint clouds.
He was loading it with paint and painting directly.
Don't know if it makes a difference that he's using oils and I'm on acrylics either.
>>
>>2538536
>Don't know if it makes a difference that he's using oils and I'm on acrylics either.
It might actually. The water in the acrylics is probably climbing into the bristles and causing them to stick together like that, whereas with oils it wouldn't do that.

Just a guess though as I'm mostly a digifag.
>>
>>2538538
You're probably right, thanks fir the reply!
>>
>>2538538
>>2538524

soak the fucker in mineral spirits and comb it out with a brass wire brush. Next time you paint soak it in alcohol or mineral spirits every 5-10 minutes

>>2538536

the difference is acrylics are fucking plastic and dries in 15-30 minutes, which makes bristles stick together. If you were using oil we wouldn't be having this discussion because i would rinse out easier and not ruin your brush.

Do none of you know how brushes/ paint work outside the screen?
>>
>>2539391
>Leave brushes in freezer for a month, turps/comb em and they're fine
>gf runs out for a smoke and ruins her 40$ brushes

Some of us do paint, the majority is goddamn Wacom using faggots. Physical handling of paint makes the artmaking process.
>>
>>2539436
embrace the progress

>I can't for the life of me get used to tablets
>>
>>2539436
>>2539446
None of that. Everything is just a tool.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.