[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frida Kahlo never made a good painting in her life... She is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 20

File: frida.jpg (191KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
frida.jpg
191KB, 736x1041px
Frida Kahlo never made a good painting in her life...

She is only famous due to her association with people such as Diego Rivera and loved by stupid art school feminist vegans because she didn't shave her arm pits moustache or eyebrows.
>>
Lol you sound like a hater just trying to start a fight. Nobody cares about your unpopular opinion. Go away
>>
>>2535297
He's right though. People only talk about her because she was ugly as fuck "on purpose". She painted like a middle-schooler.
>>
File: crap.jpg (189KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
crap.jpg
189KB, 900x720px
>>
File: 6244691_orig.jpg (79KB, 800x703px) Image search: [Google]
6244691_orig.jpg
79KB, 800x703px
>>2535222
OP yuz a bitch nigga
>>
>>2535305
>>2535309
I see the past and future when I see this shit.
>>
File: the suicide of dorothy hale.jpg (83KB, 623x773px) Image search: [Google]
the suicide of dorothy hale.jpg
83KB, 623x773px
Frida Thread
>>
>>2535314
Well at least it's better than a manga weeb thread so go ahead.
>>
>>
File: roots-1943.jpg (109KB, 1000x594px) Image search: [Google]
roots-1943.jpg
109KB, 1000x594px
>>
File: kahlo.jpg (59KB, 480x663px) Image search: [Google]
kahlo.jpg
59KB, 480x663px
>>
I can see her tits through her dress
>>
File: Self Portrait with Monkey.jpg (98KB, 680x750px) Image search: [Google]
Self Portrait with Monkey.jpg
98KB, 680x750px
>>
File: 37_frida_portrait.jpg (82KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
37_frida_portrait.jpg
82KB, 600x800px
>>
>>
File: Kahlo-Self-Portrait-801x1024.jpg (224KB, 801x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Kahlo-Self-Portrait-801x1024.jpg
224KB, 801x1024px
>>
>>
>>2535222
Who even remembers Diego Rivera?

What about the other female artists that were married to other males artists? Where are they? Was Frida Kahlo really the only one out of the history of the world?

Give me a break.
>>
>>2535341
post one good painting she did
>>
>>2535341
>Was Frida Kahlo really the only one out of the history of the world?
Yes
>>
>>2535355
It's surrealism, nigga, it's not supposed to look good
>>
>>2535222
Yeah, I know. Her paintings lack all the concept art memes you CAfags fell for.
>>
>>2535341
>Who even remember Diego Rivera.

Stopped reading there

.>>2535384
Dali's paintings look amazing...

Surrealism can look good.
>>
>>2535380
What about Jackson Pollocks wife?

>>2535385

I hate manga type crap and hate frida kahlos work.
>>
She's overrated. Feminists worship her though.
>>
spic here, saw some of her painting live years ago, they're shit, somehow she and Diego are on the 500 pesos bills now
>>
>>2535222
Whatever you may think of her are your feelings and I can't change them, but she's a genius compared to artists the like of Romero Britto who makes millions and calls himself The New Picasso.
>>
>>2535631
I look at her work and all I see is normie symbol drawing and art school level portraits
>>
>>2535682
Yes, but that was revolutionary in her time.

On a scale of today's art, she would not pierce through but neither would 99% of other modern artists who became famous. They did because they were riding the wave.
>>
>>2535222
Guy, her paintings aren't bad. You just don't like them and you find a lot of the people who do obnoxious.

I don't like them very much either, but I think they're good.
>>
>>2535695
Come on

They're bloody awful
>>
Sometimes it's not about skill, but an idea.
>>
>>2535720
No they aren't. I'm not a huge fan, but specially her self portaits are very good. The symbolism reflects the connection to trad mexican art and so does her whole painting style.
>>
>>2535695
Oh btw, I bet if she was a man, you wouldn't care. Now if Jackson Pollock was a woman: fucking feminist trash no good shite. Amirite?
>>
>>2535728
This sounds suspiciously like 'It's muh style'
Next you'll be championing Grandma Moses.
>>
>>2535745
What artist do you like?
>>
>>2535720
They're really not bad. Thematically, the symbolism is pretty interesting. There's a strange, but compelling mixture of surrealism and realism, flatness and depth, weirdness and beauty. The colors and compositions are lush. Still, I don't like them. Not my cup of tea.

>>2535733
Dude, I already don't care. If she was a male painter, I would care about the same. I can asses artworks based on their own merits, without relying on my personal tastes or comparing them to what I consider to be subjectively "better" works. It's a big world. There's room in it for different things even if they aren't my thing.

If Pollack was a woman, his paintings would achieve the same thing visually. They'd still be weird, non-objective abstract paint drip/splatter compositions (which I think are cool because they're just so fucking alien and strange).

I guess the point of my post is not to jump to the rescue of a painter who's painting I like (because I don't), but to confront you about your apparent lack of meaningful criticism of the works you do not like relative to the works themselves. I care about you and all other artists on principle. If you want to talk shit about artworks you think are bad , you need to break it down, analyze them, and talk about them descriptively. It's a good skill to have that helps you make better decisions about your own work. Sorry if I'm derailing a rant thread, but you know, step it up. Be professional.
>>
>>2535682
Right here we have an example of why manga fuck heads who aren't interested ion art out side of manga and digital wall paper painting need there own board.

Look at this retarded fucking comment.

>Normie Symbol drawing...

Symbol drawing can be a part of stylaztion you weaboo scum!
>>
>>2535762
Pollock's paintings are not abstract they are abstract expressionism.
>>
>>2535762
>>I guess the point of my post is not to jump to the rescue of a painter who's painting I like (because I don't), but to confront you about your apparent lack of meaningful criticism of the works you do not like relative to the works themselves. I care about you and all other artists on principle. If you want to talk shit about artworks you think are bad , you need to break it down, analyze them, and talk about them descriptively. It's a good skill to have that helps you make better decisions about your own work. Sorry if I'm derailing a rant thread, but you know, step it up. Be professional.

I think you're responding to the wrong person. I was the one defending her work.
>>
>>2535785
Ok then. Thanks.

>>2535795
Communication breakdown. Too much person/tense sarcasm for me to process. Redirect to whomever it applies.
>>
>>2535355
You and I both know that's subjective anon.
>>
File: ffff.jpg (304KB, 499x600px) Image search: [Google]
ffff.jpg
304KB, 499x600px
Fuck you man.
Dude, she got a pole STUCK THROUGH HER VAGINA and it ended up going up so far that it FUCKED UP HER BACK.
That's why she's famous duh.
She also made a lot of artwork about this, and this is the reason why here work is "feminine" it was literally about her vagina, not "feminist"
Look at this painting you idiot, she probably did this on bed rest. I don't see you getting a pike up your ass and still painting.
>>
>>2535395
>What about Jackson Pollocks wife?
You not naming her gives me enough proof that Frida Kahlo is the only good famous female painter in the world.

And Georgia O'Keefe, but she's much more of a meme artist with her vagina flowers
>>
>>2535611
quatro tú
>>
>>2535751
No one
>>
>>2535917
nobody cares if someone spears your cooch its about the art

it has a certain mexican folksy appeal i like one or two pieces just wish she would stop putting her ugly face in everything
>>
>>2535917

If Mullins got a baseball bat up his ass when he was 12 that wouldn't have made him a better artist. What you're writing is nonsense
>>
>>2535917
On that scale, you can slam down the whole of modern art.
>>
It is clear to me that hardly any of you have any understanding of the fine arts world. It is entirely different from the commercial world that includes illustration and concept art and is predominatley centered around storytelling and therefore, often overly rendered in favor of clarity.
The fine arts world is entirely different, both Frida and Diego have "unnaturalistic" work but it doesn't matter. They were not respected for being able to represent the real world accurately, they were, like every other fine artist, celebrated for their ideas. Their paintings are only a representation of their /ideas/. This is the same reason why Rothko is so famous even though his paintings are just of dumb cubes.
Frida doesn't stick her face in every one of her paintings because she wants to take a selfie or even protest "eurocentric beauty standards" or some shit like that. It has an entirely different conceptual meaning.
>>
>>2535923
This is the dumbest thing I heard today. Why do you post in /ic/ then?
>>
>>2535943
Spare your breath. People going into an art forum to talk about bronie pictures and rant about feminism. What do you expect? It's 4chan.
>>
>>2535947
I wasn't that same anon, fella. I'm joking around. I'm also virtually the only one who's been posting her kickass work. Where the fuck are her other paintings saved by other anons?
>>
>>2535956
Where can I see your kickass work, anon?
>>
>>2535943
>It is clear to me that hardly any of you have any understanding of the fine arts world.
I don't know if you have lurked into the other threads but the majority of regulars are not quite interested in fine arts nor have any art related backgrounds. The main interests of the /ic/ regulars are illustration, manga and comic with some animation here and there. And thanks to a general lack of education in art, anything made after the 19th century is dismissed as "talentless jewish degenerate feminist abstract modern shit".

If you're here looking for serious active discussion about the evolution of fine arts or objective criticism regarding modern artists outside of the illustration/manga/animation/comic fields you'll be sorely disappointed.
>>
>>2536034
>The main interests of the /ic/ regulars are illustration, manga and comic with some animation here and there.

Yeah. Guess we're here to change that. There are other discussions for manga and bronies.
>>
>>2535297
/thread
let the butthurt flow through you... just don't make threads about your rectal pains
>>
>>2535341
>Who even remembers Diego Rivera?
kill yourself
>What about the other female artists that were married to other males artists? Where are they?
throughout art history. sophie tauber arp, dorothea tanning, et al
>>
>>2535943

Dude if fine artists could draw as well as manga artists everybody would take the seriously.

But they can't so nobody does.
>>
>>2536084
>Dude if fine artists could draw as well as manga artists everybody would take the seriously.

Wow. Are you actually real? What an ignorant git.
>>
>>2535949
>>2536034
You are right, its just that since somebody brought it up for once I thought we were going to discuss it. Its kind of interesting because the ideals of the fine arts world greatly contrast this board so much. Each one has its merits of course.
>>
>>2536091
Pretty sure he's a troll. No one is that dumb.
>>
>>2535924
>putting her ugly face in everything
it's called being a woman doing anything
>>
> Art student posers mad that manga is the new art that people admire and appreciate and nobody gives a fuck about "fine art" in the 21s century.

Deal with it manga will always win...

Fine art is not welcome on this board.
>>
>>2536106
Obviously, you're wrong.

Manga can be great art too, btw.
>>
All I am saying is when it comes to art this board only wants the real a raw ish...

So bring your manga, bring your sakimichan and chill..

But if you bring that painted soup can fine art stuff you may aswell just fuck off because we are into stuff that has meaning and talent to it..

Not that psuedo intellectual fine art bullshit.
>>
>>2536114
so loomis is....the power of.... real artistic potential.....
>>
>>2536114
Who are you to dictate what this board wants?

The board wants what people who visit this board want.

You're like one of thes fools debating chubbie threads on /s/
>>
>>2536100
I aint trying to discourage you from making these kind of discussions nigguh, all i want to say is that you're going to find quite a bit of obstacles like deep rooted uneducated opinions and observations passed around as facts and shitheads who are just here to disrupt shit.

Like these examples
>>2536106
>>2536114
>>2536084
>>
>>2536125

How many threads do you see hear that aren't manga related?

Very few... You don't fit in here so fuck off back to face book.
>>
>>2536128
learn to draw faggot.
>>
>>2536125

How many threads do you see started by fine art?

Very few.. meaning very few people are interested by your fine art needs more loomis type shit..

Nobody wants to see it so fuck off back to face book normie!
>>
>>2536131
I don't use facebook you twat

Just because you're so edgy doesn't mean the whole world has to be tuned to your frequency

Just fuck off to the threads that match your level of interestrather than bitching about other people's diffenrent interests
>>
>>2536133
So what? Do you guys feel threatened by fine art threads?
>>
>>2535751
Not the first time I've been asked that on this board.
Do you want to know my favourite colour, too??
>>
>>2535785
They're the product of a drunk with no talent.
>>
ITT shitposting
much like the entire board, regardless the topic or style being discussed
>>
I was the one that brought up Grandma Moses. My point really is that is you could buy a FK for, say, $10,000. In this scenario, she's not famous & isn't going to have a resale value.
Do you still pay for that painting that is worthless in the eyes of the resale market? Do you love the work enough to spend it & risk never getting a return? Her work is distinctive, but I'd never shell out for it in a world full of many more striking, accomplished, and yes, beautiful, paintings.

tl;dr whatevers m8, I dunno
>>
File: mural.jpg (430KB, 1600x646px) Image search: [Google]
mural.jpg
430KB, 1600x646px
>>2535785
same thing, unless you're looking for a semantic debate about the difference between "abstract" and "nonrepresentational".

>>2536166
he wasn't drunk when he painted, his binges were entirely unproductive. common myth though.
>>
>>2536174
>Her work is distinctive, but I'd never shell out for it in a world full of many more striking, accomplished, and yes, beautiful, paintings.
her popularity has only increased in recent decades and you're pretty much guaranteed the work will continue to appreciate in value. it's a sound investment regardless of what you think about her style.
>>
>>2536178
I'd still always buy that pieces that look amazing. Not ugly pieces that hold only monetary value. They're for the sorts that pop them in vaults with their other trinkets.
>>
>>2536163
No. I just wondered if there was any artist you like at all since you're bitching about Frida Kahlo and how shitty her art is.
>>
>>2536166
You never saw his earlier works did you?

Also when you see a painting like this, you have to remember that those drips are inspired by pollock as he was the first to do it.
>>
>>2536177

It is not even close to the same thing.. and to think so is completely embarrassing..

Expressionism and abstract expressionism are world apart.
>>
File: Pollock_Jackson-Circum.cision.jpg (117KB, 573x486px) Image search: [Google]
Pollock_Jackson-Circum.cision.jpg
117KB, 573x486px
>>2536194
his earlier works suck. this is coming from someone who appreciates his abstract expressionist creations.
>>
>>2536195
>Expressionism and abstract expressionism are world apart.
no shit. who said otherwise? try to keep up with the conversation.
>>
>>2535305
>>2535328
did Ford kill her dog or something?
>>
>>2536203
she and diego spent time in detroit. the factory/mechanization/etc are big themes in a lot of modernist work, which is unsurprising given the time period it was created in.
>>
>>2536203
also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Ford_Hospital
>>
>>2536194
That is shit & so is Pollock.
And so Rothko
>>
>>2535300
modern art in a nutshell. People actually like warhol and basquiat and Frida was a million times better than those jews.
>>
to be fair, it's not like diego rivera wasn't shit himself.
>>
File: Detroit-Industry-south-wall.jpg (724KB, 2700x1662px) Image search: [Google]
Detroit-Industry-south-wall.jpg
724KB, 2700x1662px
>>2536329
kill yourself
better yet, stand in this room in the DIA and tell me he's shit
>b-but muh realism
>>
>>2536029
I'm very confused by this. Are you the same anon who's been saying they're having communication breakdowns? Because you sound like your arguing with people who you can't tell agree with you.
>>
>>2536157
Yes! Haven't you been listening!?
>>
>>2536329
You are retarded.
>>
>>2536157
Fine art threads should fuck off.

This is basically a makeshift manga illustration board where fine art rubbish isn't welcome.
>>
>>2536761
No. I'm the anon asking if the guy who says the other guy shouldn't wear a hat indoors was his mom.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.